Toronto man who spent 26 years in prison for murder of girl, 10, to have case reviewed in court: Department of Justice says ‘miscarriage of justice’.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Yep, Toronto in the late 80s and 90s, this checks off all of the boxes.

To the honest soul police officer in 2016 who found the tape and presented it in order to save this man, there will be a place for you when this life ends i'm sure.

Lockyer said the interview was taped and conducted by police within 12 hours of the murder, but was not disclosed during the trial.

"It's really to me quite shocking that that interview was not disclosed to the defence. Clearly, that made all the difference," Lockyer said.

According to the release from Innocence Canada, the tape went missing at some point after it was recorded. The legal organization said it was rediscovered by the Toronto Police homicide cold case squad in 2016.

In a statement issued Thursday, the Toronto Police Service said it will not be commenting on Rees's case, but said it is "confident that all information relevant to this case will be thoroughly considered in the court process."

Last edited:
Well this guy just oozes confidence in seeing justice done. :laughing0301:

james-lockyer.jpg

Yep, Toronto in the late 80s and 90s, this checks off all of the boxes.
To the honest soul police officer in 2016 who found the tape and presented it in order to save this man, there will be a place for you when this life ends i'm sure.

Thank God for Canada. Looking at that sham of a failed country still actually makes me thankful to be an American.

No idea if the guy is guilty or innocent, but locking up the wrong person for that long is almost as tragic as the little girl's death, and lets the murderer go free. That's why they should be so thorough and fair before convicting anyone of such a crime. Misplaced evidence is just not acceptable.

No idea if the guy is guilty or innocent, but locking up the wrong person for that long is almost as tragic as the little girl's death, and lets the murderer go free. That's why they should be so thorough and fair before convicting anyone of such a crime. Misplaced evidence is just not acceptable.
Consider this too,.they found the evidence (which had been "lost") in 2016! This man has lost another 7 years of his life. I bet it was to protect the original investigating officers who probably hadn't retired yet. We are a sick province and T.O is a sick city.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back