Tories authorise fracking in England again. Oil and gas company bonanza

big oil to the rescue
big oil to the rescue
big oil to the rescue
go big oil
go big oil

Yes thanks for the correction. we are en route to that. However we are an energy exporter. 5th in the world.
And the govt would be berter served by increasing renewables than giving the cash to their friends in the oil companies.
There is no debate on that.

I’ve invested in solar farms, wind farms, biomass, etc. I’ve also invested in oil and gas.

What the renewables crowd does not understand is right now, we need to be drilling for more oil, not less. Renewables simply are not even remotely close to supplying our energy needs. Without more investment, you will see oil go to $200, $300, $500, $1000 even higher. What you are seeing in European nat gas will happen to oil too. This has the potential to bankrupt nations and lead to war.

This rush to renewables has given no thought to transitioning away from hydrocarbons. Instead, they set unrealistic targets and goals. Now you see the consequences in Germany, which is an unmitigated disaster. Whole swaths of the British economy may go bankrupt.

But hey, it makes us feel good.

As a response to the energy crisis fracking and drilling for oil is a solution that ex Shell executive Truss must have thought long and hard about.

Sadly for her the tory writ stops at Offas Dyke and the Welsh Govt has already ruled this out in Gods Own Country.

I also think our english neighbours will make this policy difficult to see through.

Nobody wants a destructive practice like fracking in their area and there arent enough police to protect these places.

The big con of course is that fracking will help to make us self sufficient. ln fact any gas produced will be sold on the international market and will not benefit us at all.

A bonanza for the oil companies but bad for the planet, bad for our water supplies and bad for mankind.

Conservatism in action.
Just another of your goofy threads.

As you know, it is a bonanza for you and all other consumers of energy in Great Britain. Good for you!

There are sources that are cheaper and better for the planet. But they dont donate to the tory party.
For instance?
chain%20link-S.jpg

As a response to the energy crisis fracking and drilling for oil is a solution that ex Shell executive Truss must have thought long and hard about.

Sadly for her the tory writ stops at Offas Dyke and the Welsh Govt has already ruled this out in Gods Own Country.

I also think our english neighbours will make this policy difficult to see through.

Nobody wants a destructive practice like fracking in their area and there arent enough police to protect these places.

The big con of course is that fracking will help to make us self sufficient. ln fact any gas produced will be sold on the international market and will not benefit us at all.

A bonanza for the oil companies but bad for the planet, bad for our water supplies and bad for mankind.

Conservatism in action.
Further proof that conservatives are incapable of sound, responsible governance – in the UK and US.

Yes thanks for the correction. we are en route to that. However we are an energy exporter. 5th in the world.
And the govt would be berter served by increasing renewables than giving the cash to their friends in the oil companies.
There is no debate on that.
Mike%20Tyson-Th.gif

I’ve invested in solar farms, wind farms, biomass, etc. I’ve also invested in oil and gas.

What the renewables crowd does not understand is right now, we need to be drilling for more oil, not less. Renewables simply are not even remotely close to supplying our energy needs. Without more investment, you will see oil go to $200, $300, $500, $1000 even higher. What you are seeing in European nat gas will happen to oil too. This has the potential to bankrupt nations and lead to war.

This rush to renewables has given no thought to transitioning away from hydrocarbons. Instead, they set unrealistic targets and goals. Now you see the consequences in Germany, which is an unmitigated disaster. Whole swaths of the British economy may go bankrupt.

But hey, it makes us feel good.

The only thing worse than reliable hydrocarbon power is reliable nuclear power.
Who came up with the idea that we need reliable energy 24 hours a day?
Probably some evil white guy.

Conservatism in action.
Great idea, I’m glad.

Forum List

Back