Tories authorise fracking in England again. Oil and gas company bonanza

i was saddened to hear that the queen chose a climate change denier(?) as your new PM & that king charles is backing away from that issue as well.
He gets no say. It is also a policy that wasnt in the manifesto.

They have ditchd the green policy that was in their manifesto. same old tories always lying.

For the tax breaks they are giving big oil they could insulate every building in britain.

They could ensure that all new builds were properly built with solar panels.

Why would former shell exec truss ignore common sense and promote dirty energy ?

As a response to the energy crisis fracking and drilling for oil is a solution that ex Shell executive Truss must have thought long and hard about.

Sadly for her the tory writ stops at Offas Dyke and the Welsh Govt has already ruled this out in Gods Own Country.

I also think our english neighbours will make this policy difficult to see through.

Nobody wants a destructive practice like fracking in their area and there arent enough police to protect these places.

The big con of course is that fracking will help to make us self sufficient. ln fact any gas produced will be sold on the international market and will not benefit us at all.

A bonanza for the oil companies but bad for the planet, bad for our water supplies and bad for mankind.

Conservatism in action.
What's destructive about frac'ing?

Thats not it. This is psrt of a massive giveaway for their donirs. If they wanted to sort out power they would increase investment in renewables. Not in discredited energy sources.

Ttruss got her support from a group of luddite MPs who are in thrall to the energy lobby.This is her payback.

All of her drilling will not light a single bulb for 15 years at the earliest.
Or it could be that they realize they need energy. And this is the best way to get it.

i was saddened to hear that the queen chose a climate change denier(?) as your new PM & that king charles is backing away from that issue as well.
Were the ones who said the emperor is naked... deniers too?

god also charged PEOPLE to be good stewards of the earth.

i'd say we are failing miserably.
Sure, we are called to be good stewards. But where you see us as failing miserably, I see us as having improved significantly.

Sadly for her the tory writ stops at Offas Dyke and the Welsh Govt has already ruled this out in Gods Own Country.

I also think our english neighbours will make this policy difficult to see through
Then I don’t want to hear a peep out of you British bastards when National Grid quadruples your gas and electric rates this winter.

He gets no say. It is also a policy that wasnt in the manifesto.

They have ditchd the green policy that was in their manifesto. same old tories always lying.

For the tax breaks they are giving big oil they could insulate every building in britain.

They could ensure that all new builds were properly built with solar panels.

Why would former shell exec truss ignore common sense and promote dirty energy ?

They're handing the oil companies money? Link?

As a response to the energy crisis fracking and drilling for oil is a solution that ex Shell executive Truss must have thought long and hard about.

I also think our english neighbours will make this policy difficult to see through.

Nobody wants a destructive practice like fracking in their area and there arent enough police to protect these places.

The big con of course is that fracking will help to make us self sufficient. ln fact any gas produced will be sold on the international market and will not benefit us at all.

A bonanza for the oil companies but bad for the planet, bad for our water supplies and bad for mankind.

Conservatism in action.

Tories authorise fracking in England again :yes_text12: pootler is gonna eat his own dick​

Thats not it. This is psrt of a massive giveaway for their donirs. If they wanted to sort out power they would increase investment in renewables. Not in discredited energy sources.

Ttruss got her support from a group of luddite MPs who are in thrall to the energy lobby.This is her payback.

Any renewable based grid requires either nuclear or gas as a backbone for times when renewables like solar and wind can't provide power.

It's called Engineering, you Luddite hack.

Those 15 years are going to pass one way or another. When we get there, would you prefer having more energy available or less?

Conservatism in action.
The UK got their version of Rex Tillerson.

Conservatism in action.

That's awesome.

More drilling!

Wales.png

Forum List

Back