Topeka police send tweet asking people to turn in dads on Father’s Day

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
ROTFLMAO! This one hit my funny bone......

Topeka police apologize for tweet that asked people to turn in dads on Father’s Day

"The Topeka Police Department apologized Monday for a Father’s Day tweet that encouraged people to turn in the father of their children if they have outstanding warrants.
“Does your child’s father have warrants?” the department asked Sunday on Twitter, according to a screen shot of the tweet.
“Is he carrying around any drugs? Has he been committing any crimes?” the tweet continued. “Want to give him a Father’s Day he’ll never forget? Call TPD and we’ll help your family make a memory that will last a lifetime.”
The tweet appeared to have been deleted within an hour.
In a statement Monday morning, the police department said the tweet, sent by a member of its social media team, was meant to be lighthearted. Instead, it upset some members of the public.
“This will be a learning experience and goes to show that words, even when intended to be humorous, can be hurtful to others,” the police department said. “Thank you to all who reached out, letting us know how you felt.”

ɑυʀɪ on Twitter

iu

Topeka police apologize for tweet that asked people to turn in dads on Father’s Day

"The Topeka Police Department apologized Monday for a Father’s Day tweet that encouraged people to turn in the father of their children if they have outstanding warrants.
“Does your child’s father have warrants?” the department asked Sunday on Twitter, according to a screen shot of the tweet.
“Is he carrying around any drugs? Has he been committing any crimes?” the tweet continued. “Want to give him a Father’s Day he’ll never forget? Call TPD and we’ll help your family make a memory that will last a lifetime.”
In a statement Monday morning, the police department said the tweet, sent by a member of its social media team, was meant to be lighthearted. Instead, it upset some members of the public.
“This will be a learning experience and goes to show that words, even when intended to be humorous, can be hurtful to others,” the police department said. “Thank you to all who reached out, letting us know how you felt.”

ɑυʀɪ on Twitter

iu
It is not a bad idea how to serve warrants. LOL I can picture some kid who just got grounded, getting even with Dad. LOL

ɑυʀɪ on Twitter

iu

You live in Topeka, well that explains a lot.

ɑυʀɪ on Twitter

iu

HuH?? I live in Twin Falls Idaho..as you can see by my avatar.

ɑυʀɪ on Twitter

iu

Sure you do, just like that story came across all our news wires today.

Lol

ɑυʀɪ on Twitter

iu

Sure you do, just like that story came across all our news wires today.

Lol

ROTF! You're lookin' pretty silly, right now..from where I'm sitting...I'd endorse your looking at my album..some nice pics there....of Twin Falls..and Rock Creek.

Forum List

Back