Top hardline Moscow general warns Putin NOT to invade Ukraine and accuses him of a 'criminal policy of provoking a war' in rare outbreak of internal

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden

"
A top retired Moscow general has warned Vladimir Putin not to go to war with Ukraine, accusing the leader of whipping up an 'artificial' conflict to distract from his domestic problems.

Colonel-General Leonid Ivashov, 78, penned an open letter titled 'The Eve of War' in which he blasted Putin's 'criminal policy of provoking a war' despite Russia not facing any 'critical threats'.

The rare outburst of internal dissent comes as Emmanuel Macron jets to the Kremlin for crisis talks with Putin, a day after the White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said an invasion could come 'any day' at an 'enormous human cost'.....
Commenting on the letter, Stanford Moscow expert Michael McFaul, who previously served as the US ambassador to Moscow, said: 'This is a big deal. At one time, General Ivashov was one of the most respected (and hawkish) leaders in the Moscow MOD.

'Moscow generals don't usually get involved in public policy debates, especially ones like Ivashov.'
"

LOL, the stalinists are against putin´s Ilynists (fascists) , my question: can the stalinists stop this war ? eventually kill the moscow czar ? what´d be our strategy,should we provide support to General´s anti-putin coup ? Looks like purin´s ozero gang is in the middle of huge mess ....)))

related , Putin´s imperialist ideology :

I have never seen nothing like this, Muscovite generals usually are serving like the dogs to Moscow despots, but here is something totally unusual happened , my guess many Putin´s old generals have Ukrainian wives , children etc, they dont want this imperialist war

Paul I of Muscovy - Wikipedia​

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Paul_I_of_Russia

1644324315540.png

The death of de Ribas in December 1800 delayed the assassination; but, on the night of 23 March [O.S. 11 March] 1801, a band of dismissed officers murdered Paul .

I have never seen nothing like this, Muscovite generals usually are serving like the dogs to Moscow despots, but here is something totally unusual happened , my guess many Putin´s old generals have Ukrainian wives , children etc, they dont want this imperialist war

Or they have financial interests that are somewhat imperiled due to the war or the sanctions that are or will be forthcoming.

One thing about getting rid of Putin - you never know if the next guy is worse until it's too late.

Okay, so this is your answer:

Washington should promote regional and ethnic self-determination inside the Russian Federation. This would send a strong signal that the West is fully capable of reacting to Moscow’s subversion.

The rationale for dissolution should be logically framed: In order to survive, Russia needs a federal democracy and a robust economy; with no democratization on the horizon and economic conditions deteriorating, the federal structure will become increasingly ungovernable.

To manage the process of dissolution and lessen the likelihood of conflict that spills over state borders, the West needs to establish links with Russia’s diverse regions and promote their peaceful transition toward statehood.

NATO should prepare contingencies for both the dangers and the opportunities that Russia’s fragmentation will present. In particular, Moscow’s European neighbors must be provided with sufficient security to shield themselves from the most destabilizing scenarios while preparations are made for engaging with emerging post-Russia entities.

Some regions could join countries such as Finland, Ukraine, China and Japan, from whom Moscow has forcefully appropriated territories in the past. Other republics in the North Caucasus, Middle Volga, Siberia and the far east could become fully independent states and forge relations with China, Japan, the U.S. and Europe.

Neglecting Russia’s dissolution may prove more damaging to Western interests than making preparations to manage its international repercussions. To avoid sudden geopolitical jolts and possible military confrontations, Washington needs to monitor and encourage a peaceful rupture and establish links with emerging entities.

Hey, I hope it works. Not much we can do if it doesn't, and there's no way to know what will happen over there. Maybe there's a coup and the military takes over and the dissolution doesn't happen and we end up with something worse. I remember when we helped Castro get rid of Bastista some 80 years ago, but the result wasn't good. Our track record in messing around with other countries' gov'ts isn't too good.

Washington
read this :

"Muscovite aluminum stocks on the markets in Japan collapsed, worth nothing. Muscovite stocks crashed, with the country's main index dropping 45%. Muscovite Ruble plummets to (historic) record low. With 1 Ruble being worth .012 of a U.S. Dollar. Moscow Stock Exchange suspends trading amid Ukraine crisis to keep it from completely crashing. Investors have thrown Muscovite under an 18 wheel truck because a bus didn't have enough tires." Stay strong Ukraine ✊

death to THE HORDE !

read this :

"Muscovite aluminum stocks on the markets in Japan collapsed, worth nothing. Muscovite stocks crashed, with the country's main index dropping 45%. Muscovite Ruble plummets to (historic) record low. With 1 Ruble being worth .012 of a U.S. Dollar. Moscow Stock Exchange suspends trading amid Ukraine crisis to keep it from completely crashing. Investors have thrown Muscovite under an 18 wheel truck because a bus didn't have enough tires." Stay strong Ukraine ✊

death to THE HORDE !

And this:

The MOEX Russia Index nosedived Thursday amid the country's invasion of neighboring Ukraine.

The index itself halved as Russian equities took a beating and international investors looked elsewhere for safe places to park their money. The Moscow exchange then halted trading early Thursday morning only to resume about two hours later.

Losing 50% can't be good for Putin and the super-rich who support him. I guess we'll see just how strong his grip is on the Russian gov't and military over there. I am not optimistic for a coup de tat though, which may not necessarily lead to a dissolution.

"
A top retired Moscow general has warned Vladimir Putin not to go to war with Ukraine, accusing the leader of whipping up an 'artificial' conflict to distract from his domestic problems.

Colonel-General Leonid Ivashov, 78, penned an open letter titled 'The Eve of War' in which he blasted Putin's 'criminal policy of provoking a war' despite Russia not facing any 'critical threats'.

The rare outburst of internal dissent comes as Emmanuel Macron jets to the Kremlin for crisis talks with Putin, a day after the White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said an invasion could come 'any day' at an 'enormous human cost'.....
Commenting on the letter, Stanford Moscow expert Michael McFaul, who previously served as the US ambassador to Moscow, said: 'This is a big deal. At one time, General Ivashov was one of the most respected (and hawkish) leaders in the Moscow MOD.

'Moscow generals don't usually get involved in public policy debates, especially ones like Ivashov.'
"

LOL, the stalinists are against putin´s Ilynists (fascists) , my question: can the stalinists stop this war ? eventually kill the moscow czar ? what´d be our strategy,should we provide support to General´s anti-putin coup ? Looks like purin´s ozero gang is in the middle of huge mess ....)))

related , Putin´s imperialist ideology :

THAT MOSCOW GENERAL IS WORKING FOR THE DEEP STATE

Forum List

Back