Top GOP Strategist Admits He’s ‘Scared’ Of Occupy Wall Street

One thing to be sacred about with OWSers around... communicable diseases

Have you been down there? No? Didn't think so. I have, and there is nothing wrong with the people there. All ages, races, socio-economic groups. Moron.

I've been down there and there is something definitely wrong with the people there. They bemoan bailouts and government favoritism...while calling for bailouts and government favoritism directed their way. That's pretty fucked up.

How is it any more fucked up than their opposition doing essentially the same thing with slightly different descriptions of bailouts and favoritism?

but yes it is still fucked up no matter which side does it.

The Republicans are terrified that light is being shinned on Wall Street.

The people that destroyed the world economy would prefer to work in the dark.

Join a credit union, my friends.

Do you think those evil Wall Street destroyers could have "destroyed the world economy" without the help of their crony partners in government? If your answer is no, then do you believe only Republicans meddle in business and participate in crony capitalism? Really?

Again, do you know whose district Wall Street resides in?

No. There are conservatives in the Democratic Party as well.

But the Republicans are the ones who champion the type of deregulation of Wall Street that caused the crash. Phil Gramm snuck an amendment into a spending bill on the day before Christmas recess that deregulated the financial industry and created the conditions that allowed for the derivatives Ponzi scheme to florish.

I believe that if everyone joined a credit union, that would take care of a lot of our problems.

Have you been down there? No? Didn't think so. I have, and there is nothing wrong with the people there. All ages, races, socio-economic groups. Moron.

I've been down there and there is something definitely wrong with the people there. They bemoan bailouts and government favoritism...while calling for bailouts and government favoritism directed their way. That's pretty fucked up.

How is it any more fucked up than their opposition doing essentially the same thing with slightly different descriptions of bailouts and favoritism?

but yes it is still fucked up no matter which side does it.

It's not. Libertarians stand against all bailouts and favoritism. We're into equal justice under the law.

The Republicans are terrified that light is being shinned on Wall Street.

The people that destroyed the world economy would prefer to work in the dark.

Join a credit union, my friends.

Do you think those evil Wall Street destroyers could have "destroyed the world economy" without the help of their crony partners in government? If your answer is no, then do you believe only Republicans meddle in business and participate in crony capitalism? Really?

Again, do you know whose district Wall Street resides in?

No. There are conservatives in the Democratic Party as well.

But the Republicans are the ones who champion the type of deregulation of Wall Street that caused the crash. Phil Gramm snuck an amendment into a spending bill on the day before Christmas recess that deregulated the financial industry and created the conditions that allowed for the derivatives Ponzi scheme to florish.

I believe that if everyone joined a credit union, that would take care of a lot of our problems.

You claim to stand against crony capitalism...while calling for more regulations. Do you not understand that regulation of an industry is just another term for government picking winners and losers? There are already plenty of laws that prevent anyone from harming another financially. Preventative attempts through regulation is the very thing that opens the door to cronyism. Until you support limited government intervention in business, you're supporting more of the same shit that got us into this mess.

Oh, and go ahead and take your crappy little bank accounts to credit unions. To bigger banks, they're money losers anyway.

Luntz is a bit of a dunce. Don't want to be too mean but it's true. How many of these Soros-funded Protesters were ever going to vote for anyone but Barack Obama? The GOP has nothing to fear because they're not losing any voters. In fact,they may be only gaining voters. Independents are running away from these protesters in droves. Most are now seeing them as lazy Entitlement hounds. So there is nothing for the GOP to fear. They were never voting GOP anyway.

Not denying he is a dunce or a spinmeister or words or a commentator with a bias or whatever else...

But Ya still gotta laugh when these wingers try and give this guy a position or power that he does not have... all in a feeble attempt to twist perception to advance deception

Oh yeah. Like someone without position or power would be asked to address a meeting of ALL of the nation's GOP governors and give them strategy advice. :eusa_whistle:

Even FOX News uses him for commentator and analyst, as well as running focus groups after presidential debates. (Well, that may make your case that he's a dunce or a spinmeister)

When was the last time YOU got that kind of invitation? :confused:

Stop kidding yourself. You're only making yourself look silly. He's a big shot in the GOP. Just because YOU'VE never heard of him doesn't mean he's no big shot. Even Newt Gingrich has used his services.

Luntz is a bit of a dunce. Don't want to be too mean but it's true. How many of these Soros-funded Protesters were ever going to vote for anyone but Barack Obama? The GOP has nothing to fear because they're not losing any voters. In fact,they may be only gaining voters. Independents are running away from these protesters in droves. Most are now seeing them as lazy Entitlement hounds. So there is nothing for the GOP to fear. They were never voting GOP anyway.

Not denying he is a dunce or a spinmeister or words or a commentator with a bias or whatever else...

But Ya still gotta laugh when these wingers try and give this guy a position or power that he does not have... all in a feeble attempt to twist perception to advance deception

Oh yeah. Like someone without position or power would be asked to address a meeting of ALL of the nation's GOP governors and give them strategy advice. :eusa_whistle:

Even FOX News uses him for commentator and analyst, as well as running focus groups after presidential debates. (Well, that may make your case that he's a dunce or a spinmeister)

Stop kidding yourself. You're only making yourself look silly. He's a big shot in the GOP. Just because YOU'VE never heard of him doesn't mean he's no big shot. Even Newt Gingrich has used his services.

Speech coaches, pundits, etc all get paid by all sorts... tv stations, news organizations, etc...

Even his own bio and service offerings do not offer strategy... funny that one would be doing that as a profession and NOT ADVERTISE IT...

You're a fucking doofus... making yourself look silly... all in the name of deception

He's no bigshot in the GOP, nor a "top strategist"... he's a fucking talking head... what next?? Rush is a "top GOP strategist" too?? What about Hannity?? John Stossell??

Give it a rest... you and your winger ilk ain't gonna pull the wool over people's eyes on this one

I've seen Luntz on many programs and not once has he ever been introduced as a top GOP strategist or even a Republican strategist.

But if liberals want to believe that Luntz is a top GOP strategist. I say let them.

They have been known for their ignorance for quite some time. Why should this time be any different?

Luntz is a smart man and I'm sure the Republicans would enjoy having him on theri side.

You claim to stand against crony capitalism...while calling for more regulations.

"Crony capitalism" and "laissez-faire capitalism" are not opposites, nor is regulation automatically a sign of "cronyism." When the regulation benefits corporations against the public interest, e.g. by suppressing competition, that's crony capitalism. When the regulation benefits workers, the environment, or consumers against corporate greed, that's not.

I've seen Luntz on many programs and not once has he ever been introduced as a top GOP strategist or even a Republican strategist.

That's because he has no official position within either party. However, he is a political strategist, and all of the work he does is done for Republicans. In what sense, then, other than meaningless official titles, is he NOT a Republican strategist?

I have never heard of this guy, but I think he has a point. It would be foolish for the GOP or anyone else concerned about this country ti dismiss the OWS. I am very concerned. I've heard rumblings about an "American spring". I also know that "destroying the capitalist system" will take years, and many of these radicals believe this is just the beginning.

Don't write them off yet. 2012 could be the most significant election of our lives.

Yes it is. It's just a form of cronyism you happen to appreciate. Fine, but it's still cronyism.

You are using an idiosyncratic definition of "crony capitalism," then, to mean "any form of capitalism other than laissez-faire." Thus for example European social democracy or the U.S. economy in the 1950s and 1960s become instances of "crony capitalism," which would generally not be considered true.

It's all right to use idiosyncratic definitions, but as a courtesy you should define your terms ahead of time so as to avoid confusion.

Thus for example European social democracy or the U.S. economy in the 1950s and 1960s become instances of "crony capitalism," which would generally not be considered true.

Actually, that would be true. I understand not in your mind but then that's not really important.

Actually, that would be true. I understand not in your mind but then that's not really important.

Not just in my mind, but in almost everyone's mind except yours.

Crony capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"More direct government involvement can lead to specific areas of crony capitalism, even if the economy as a whole may be healthy. Governments will, often in good faith, establish government agencies to regulate an industry. However, the members of an industry have a very strong interest in the actions of a regulatory body, while the rest of the citizenry are only lightly affected. As a result, it is not uncommon for current industry players to gain control of the "watchdog" and use it against competitors. This phenomenon is known as regulatory capture."

(Emphasis added.) They key concept, the thing that makes this "crony capitalism," is not the regulation but the capture, and it only happens to the extent that corporations are allowed to bribe elected officials, which in the U.S. is allowed in the context of campaign donations. And that is the primary issue of Occupy: getting the money out of politics.

Economic regulation does not produce the partnership between government and business which characterizes "crony capitalism," any more than a police force is automatically in partnership with organized crime, although it can be and that has historically happened more than once -- but always bribery was involved when they were.

Speech coaches, pundits, etc all get paid by all sorts... tv stations, news organizations, etc...

Even his own bio and service offerings do not offer strategy... funny that one would be doing that as a profession and NOT ADVERTISE IT...

You're a fucking doofus... making yourself look silly... all in the name of deception

He's no bigshot in the GOP, nor a "top strategist"... he's a fucking talking head... what next?? Rush is a "top GOP strategist" too?? What about Hannity?? John Stossell??

Give it a rest... you and your winger ilk ain't gonna pull the wool over people's eyes on this one

But if liberals want to believe that Luntz is a top GOP strategist. I say let them.

They have been known for their ignorance for quite some time. Why should this time be any different?

Luntz is a smart man and I'm sure the Republicans would enjoy having him on theri side.

AGAIN.......

According to Republican strategist Frank Luntz

Frank Luntz: How To 'Win' With Smart Messaging

Luntz, Frank – Republican strategist appears to drive Harper's communications

The Harper Index - Luntz, Frank – Republican strategist appears to drive Harper's communications

Executive summary: Republican pollster, strategist

Frank Luntz

And from Luntz's own website......

“Strategist Frank Luntz has played the English language like Itzhak Perlman plays his Strad.”

Dr. Ernest Partridge, Author

In Their Own Words - Luntz Global

Now how can you NOT say he's a strategist? :cuckoo:

The big problem here is that Luntz didn't say what the fringe leftist hate site, ThinkProgress claims.

As usual, the leftists are framing the debate by lying through their fucking teeth.

Luntz did not say he was "afraid of OWS," instead he laid out (moronic) plans for politically correct phrases.

{Don’t say that the government ‘taxes the rich.’ Instead, tell them that the government ‘takes from the rich.’}

While the man is a fucking fool, and misleads those who listen to him, he was advocating the expanded use of weasel words and phrases, in hopes of deceiving the public in the same way the shameful democrats do.

GOP pollster Frank Luntz: Taxing the rich is winning issue for Dems - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

The big problem here is that Luntz didn't say what the fringe leftist hate site, ThinkProgress claims.

As usual, the leftists are framing the debate by lying through their fucking teeth.

Luntz did not say he was "afraid of OWS," instead he laid out (moronic) plans for politically correct phrases.

{Don’t say that the government ‘taxes the rich.’ Instead, tell them that the government ‘takes from the rich.’}

While the man is a fucking fool, and misleads those who listen to him, he was advocating the expanded use of weasel words and phrases, in hopes of deceiving the public in the same way the shameful democrats do.

GOP pollster Frank Luntz: Taxing the rich is winning issue for Dems - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

You're correct. He never used the word "afraid" like you are trying to claim was said.

Luntz told attendees that he’s “scared of this anti-Wall Street effort. I’m frightened to death.”

And nobody has yet shown any lies in the OP.

...getting the money out of politics.

And there's the rub. You believe that by electing the right kind of meddlers, they'll be resistant to the legal brides or will seek to outlaw campaign contributions. Unless you have magic beans in your pocket, that is pure fantasy. I on the other hand, believe that only by forcing politicians to live within the confines of the Constitution can we end cronyism, or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Keep hoping for the politician that will resist the lure of contributions to his re-election. I'll stick with the law of the land.

You're correct. He never used the word "afraid" like you are trying to claim was said.

Luntz told attendees that he’s “scared of this anti-Wall Street effort. I’m frightened to death.”

And nobody has yet shown any lies in the OP.

Again, a quick look at a legitimate source, rather than the hate sites you depend on, reveals that Luntz did not express fear, but instead offered catch phrases. The fascist democrats naturally distorted the statements in an attempt to lend some credence to their little astroturf movement.

Notice that the ONLY ones using your phrase are leftist hate sites, that all got it from Thinkprogress. No legitimate source makes the claim.

Because It’s ‘Having An Impact'. Hmmm...

Oh, this must the "updates" to the righty talking point manual. Keep it classy, corporatists... I can't believe you guys actually make this stuff public. Have you NO shame???

Top GOP Strategist Admits He's 'Scared' Of Occupy Wall Street Because It's 'Having An Impact' | ThinkProgress
Luntz 'Frightened to Death' of OWS | Drudge Retort

Frank Luntz a top GOP strategist?

Damn you are one stupid fuck!!

Frank luntz is a pollster you numbnutted idiot!
Yeah......

.....Goober.​

Forum List

Back