Top 10 martial arts for self defense

I did a hikkome gaeshi on a guy a couple weeks ago in the ER I work at. He was in a cop's custody and tried to escape. He had gone to the bathroom and when he came out, tried to break away and run from the cop who was about to put the cuffs back on. He was struggling to get away from the cop who had him by the jacket, (cop was fat as hell, no way was he going to chase this guy if he got loose) when I hit him from the side and locked him up in a thai clinch. (Now I have no problem with a guy escaping from the Man, that's not my business. Just don't pull that shit in my AO while I'm securing it. That was the 3rd escape attempt in a year. SMH) Anyway, the cop couldn't get his hand cuffed even with me controlling the guy in the clinch, so I told him to let go for a second, shifted my grip, and put him on the floor. Everyone else in the ER, to include some HFD guys, landed on us then and it was a dogpile. Got him cuffed and got back up and from the way those cops were looking, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he got a beat down later on. (Pro-tip; don't embarrass Texas cops..... they will stomp the fuck out of you for it.)

I was just happy to have a chance to try that throw out; I've used it several times in the gym, because BJJ guys tend to crouch a lot more than Judo guys, so this throw tends to work pretty often for me, but I had never done it in the wild before. I tried to get the security footage put none of the cameras were on that area.

You have done judo all your life ??

Off and on.

What else have you trained ??
I have judo at 6th on my list

I have never did judo because I hate being thrown and wearing a gi
I know many Judo guys ( on net ) with many injuries and toes and fingers must really hurt !!

Now I have no problem with a guy escaping from the Man, that's not my business. Just don't pull that shit in my AO while I'm securing it. That was the 3rd escape attempt in a year. SMH) Anyway, the cop couldn't get his hand cuffed even with me controlling the guy in the clinch, so I told him to let go for a second, shifted my grip, and put him on the floor.
I don't even know what you're talking about, but just shut the fuck up, you unbelieving oathbreaking asshole Wicca cop prison guard. Damn, you're going to have to answer for that with your life, your fortune, and your soul.

I did a hikkome gaeshi on a guy a couple weeks ago in the ER I work at. He was in a cop's custody and tried to escape. He had gone to the bathroom and when he came out, tried to break away and run from the cop who was about to put the cuffs back on. He was struggling to get away from the cop who had him by the jacket, (cop was fat as hell, no way was he going to chase this guy if he got loose) when I hit him from the side and locked him up in a thai clinch. (Now I have no problem with a guy escaping from the Man, that's not my business. Just don't pull that shit in my AO while I'm securing it. That was the 3rd escape attempt in a year. SMH) Anyway, the cop couldn't get his hand cuffed even with me controlling the guy in the clinch, so I told him to let go for a second, shifted my grip, and put him on the floor. Everyone else in the ER, to include some HFD guys, landed on us then and it was a dogpile. Got him cuffed and got back up and from the way those cops were looking, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he got a beat down later on. (Pro-tip; don't embarrass Texas cops..... they will stomp the fuck out of you for it.)

I was just happy to have a chance to try that throw out; I've used it several times in the gym, because BJJ guys tend to crouch a lot more than Judo guys, so this throw tends to work pretty often for me, but I had never done it in the wild before. I tried to get the security footage put none of the cameras were on that area.

Off and on.

Lots of stuff. Last 20 years, mostly boxing, muay thai, BJJ and Judo. Some Dos Pares escrima, some karate and TKD way back when, Modern Army Combatives, did some early MMA back in the 90s, etc.

Now I have no problem with a guy escaping from the Man, that's not my business. Just don't pull that shit in my AO while I'm securing it. That was the 3rd escape attempt in a year. SMH) Anyway, the cop couldn't get his hand cuffed even with me controlling the guy in the clinch, so I told him to let go for a second, shifted my grip, and put him on the floor.
I don't even know what you're talking about, but just shut the fuck up, you unbelieving oathbreaking asshole Wicca cop prison guard. Damn, you're going to have to answer for that with your life, your fortune, and your soul.
I'm security in an ER, I'm not going to let people run wild in here and endanger the staff and the other patients.
If you want to escape from custody, go for it, just do it outside.

Off and on.

Lots of stuff. Last 20 years, mostly boxing, muay thai, BJJ and Judo. Some Dos Pares escrima, some karate and TKD way back when, Modern Army Combatives, did some early MMA back in the 90s, etc.

You’re very bad azz and you probably are great with a gun !!!
What is your age ??

And I'm an Asatru practitioner, not a Wiccan.

I'm security in an ER, I'm not going to let people run wild in here and endanger the staff and the other patients.
You must protect the Jewish doctors lol

Off and on.

What is your age ??

And I should probably go to the range, it's been a while.

I was actually learning real wrestling and mma until the coach quit !!
Now I am screwed !!
I have done Krav and MT
Only basic BJJ and no gi

Bjj is way overly complex and confusing
I am going to try it one final time when I get my vaccine shot
New gym near me has rave reviews

I never did boxing
I don’t like head shots and concussions
Good policy, but you need to be able to handle being punched without freaking out about it. Lots of assaults start with a sucker punch so you need to be able to deal with that.

Bjj is way overly complex and confusing
I am going to try it one final time when I get my vaccine shot
New gym near me has rave reviews
Don't over think it.
Just find a class and go.
I have found this perfect bjj place and I can’t wait .
I can only go 2 hrs a week
I did tap out someone by Darci choke last month

Off and on.

What is your age ??

And I should probably go to the range, it's been a while.

I see ! The key is to break his posture down before even trying the move .
Then you have to fully commit 100 percent
Looks like you even butterfly his leg with your far leg

You must protect the Jewish doctors lol
I smell a rat in the operating room...

Forum List

Back