Too much snow with pics!

Hey 'Ball, this is probably a stupid question, but did you ever get off the Storm Peak lift and hike up to the summit on Werner?

It's been almost 8 years since I've been there and I've yet to find any other place in existence more perfect and peaceful than that. We'd get there early right after the mt. opened, ride all the way up and hike up there and sit on this rock and burn a j-bird and take in the view for a little while before we started our day.

Fuck I miss that.

Practically lived over in the Chutes and North St. Pats...The only real steeps in the joint.

Otherwise, I was bolting around on the groomers, on my old school SG & DH stix.

I'm pretty much over Steamboat and am working on relocating to SLC for good.

I jack-moved this from the internet, but it's a genuine Banksy:

burrard-lucas_snow-westmins.jpg

:eusa_eh:

Park City is flatter than Steamboat.

Alta stole my heart 8 years ago....They're practically the tele center of the universe.

My first time ever on a ski mountain, I skied. My second time ever, I snowboarded and never looked back.

I love the rivalry between skiers and snowboarders. I'm always a courteous rider, but it's funny watching the asshole shredders disrupt the ignorant yuppy skiers.

You guys hate us :lol:

Park City is flatter than Steamboat.

Alta stole my heart 8 years ago....They're practically the tele center of the universe.

My first time ever on a ski mountain, I skied. My second time ever, I snowboarded and never looked back.

I love the rivalry between skiers and snowboarders. I'm always a courteous rider, but it's funny watching the asshole shredders disrupt the ignorant yuppy skiers.

You guys hate us :lol:
I only hate snowboards because they beat the living hell out of the tree lines in mere hours, and young hacks who cant ride the steeps heel skid their way down and scrape all the snow off....Don't have that problem at Alta or Deer Valley.

Otherwise, I have a bud at Steamboat who rides a directional GS board, who I'll run with on the groomers totally tearing ass.

Last edited:
We don't have that much snow on the ground here in Maine.

In fact, we have no snow on the ground.

So, it is 70 and sunny where you live?:razz:

I like looking at it, but I am making my dad drive me to work. :lol:
I work north by Mead High School, I bet they have even more snow.LOL

Actually, I'm thinking about starting up the snowblower. :lol:

Have fun! :D
The neighbor was out there an hour and half ago, did his whole drive way and sidewalk, and now there is probably two or three inches again. Feel bad for the guy.

I no more than got the drive and sidewalk cleared off, and the damn snowplow came through and covered the sidewalk and put a berm at the end of my driveway. :evil:
Needless to say, I was pissed having to do it all over again.

Practically lived over in the Chutes and North St. Pats...The only real steeps in the joint.

Otherwise, I was bolting around on the groomers, on my old school SG & DH stix.

I'm pretty much over Steamboat and am working on relocating to SLC for good.

I lived in SLC for a few years back in the 60's. Great sking in the area...Park City, Brighton, Solitude, and Alta were the biggies back then.

Great pics Luissa..but brrrrr..

Did you take those pictures yourself, Luissa, or are they just stock pictures of a snowbound Spokane?

:lol: I took them with my phone.
Looked like your electric was still on. Good.

looks pretty fluffy, we tend to get wet stuff or freezing rain down here in KY.
I will take snow any day over freezing rain.

We had a bit of snow and sleet a couple of days ago, but did not last.

Actually, I'm thinking about starting up the snowblower. :lol:

Have fun! :D
The neighbor was out there an hour and half ago, did his whole drive way and sidewalk, and now there is probably two or three inches again. Feel bad for the guy.

I no more than got the drive and sidewalk cleared off, and the damn snowplow came through and covered the sidewalk and put a berm at the end of my driveway. :evil:
Needless to say, I was pissed having to do it all over again.

On my way to work yesterday I saw a lot of people digging out their drive ways, and saw a lot of cars stuck in berms. LOL
My brother lives on a bus route, so he has to shovel out often. You should of seen the pile he had two years ago.

Forum List

Back