Tonight, my beloved alma mater begins a new era of college football – – I $75 million era

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
Fortunately, other former students of Texas A&M University have a lot more money than I do. So, it’s not my money up in the air.

I hope this small fortune pays off. Good luck to Jimbo.

Here’s to high oil prices.

And beat the hell out of northwestern state (who the fuck are they?)

Fortunately, other former students of Texas A&M University have a lot more money than I do. So, it’s not my money up in the air.

I hope this small fortune pays off. Good luck to Jimbo.

Here’s to high oil prices.

And beat the hell out of northwestern state (who the fuck are they?)

Small school in Louisiana. Looks like A&M enjoyed the game. 59-7 is a scorefest.

Or it is an investment for future profits from their football program.

Part of this is sensationalist headlines. Yeah, Fisher's contract is for $75 million. But that is over 10 years. So it is actually $7.5 million per year. And none of that comes from state appropriations. Texas A&M has been making big profits with football for several years.

His base salary is actually $500k a year. The other $7 million comes as 'supplemental income'. Which likely means much of that is from endorsements. Plus there are bonuses for winning various titles, like SEC West, SEC, and New Years Bowl games. If he gets A&M into the playoffs he gets a BIG bonus.

And remember, Jimbo is one of only 4 active coaches to have won a national championship.

We'll see how they do when they come to Tuscaloosa to play the Crimson Tide on Sept 22nd. The schedule looks like a balance between cupcake and monster. The first 4 games have 2 really easy teams in Northwestern State and UL Monroe in the 1st and 3rd games. But the 2nd and 4th games are Clemson and Alabama.

Forum List

Back