Tonight is Passover- Pesach Sameach

If scripture is true? Freudian slip? I don’t go by your interpretation of scripture because your interpretation is wrong. I say intentionally so.

But let’s look at the obvious problem you have. I say God doesn’t care how we see him. That God just wants us to seek him: to call him. I want everyone to know God. I place no limits on knowing God. You on the other hand have a problem. Apparently according to you unless everyone sees God the way you want them to they are going to hell. Just how many people on the planet see God the way you do, hobelim? Are the rest going to hell? How many will that be?

Ok lets break this down.

1. It was no freudian slip. If scripture is true, determines whether what you say or what I say is the truth, whether what you say or what I am saying is in accord with what was written a very long time ago..Thats not me doubting scripture, that was me using logic.

Since the consequence for idolatry is death, according to scripture, then because you are an idolator you are dead if scripture is true. That is simple basic math. A+ B = C

2. You say God doesn't care how "we" see him. Ahem...

If that was true then God would not teach people abandon the worship of false gods.

"Apparently according to you unless everyone sees God the way you want them to they are going to hell. "

3. No, according to me if you think that God was a man who turned himself into a cracker and spiritual life can be handed out like a cheap snack food and eaten one day and crapped down the toilet the next, then you are in already hell.

Everybody doesn't have to believe what I believe or else they are in hell.

Everyone who sets aside the law of God and turns to a lifeless matzo made by human hands for spiritual life is dead, in hell, and on their way to destruction,

IF SCRIPTURE IS TRUE, not because I say so.

And it would still be true even if I was never born and no one else noticed until the end of time.
Now let me break it down for you.

The Bible is nothing more or nothing less than a how to book. How to live life and how not to live life. The Law of Nature is written into the hearts of men. If we never had the Bible the Law of Nature would still be written into the hearts of men. If we never had the Bible we would still have right and wrong. Genesis tells us that man knows right from wrong and when man violates it rather than abandoning the concept of good and evil man rationalizes he didn’t violate it.

The Bible is not a letter of the law document. It is a spirit of the law document. Man turned it into a letter of the law document. The law of nature can not be codified into laws because it would require an infinite set of laws because the Law of Right and Wrong is infinite in nature. But if we were to codify the Law of Nature, we would only need one law; do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Sin is anything which distances us from God. There are three possible states man can be in; man can be moving towards God, man can be moving away from God and man can be static in his journey or progression. That's it. There are no others. These three states logically encompass the entire envelope.

Heaven is being eternally united with God. Hell is being eternally separated from God. Neither destination is reached until we experience a physical death. It is possible to experience a spiritual death before experiencing a physical death but at any point in our physical lives we can still move towards God just as we can move away from God or be static in our journey/progression. So a spiritual death before a physical death is reversible, it is not final until a physical death occurs.

The original meaning and practice of the word worship has been lost through 6000 years of time. Worship is nothing more or nothing less than giving praise and thanks. We give praise and thanks by what we do, not by what we say. We show our praise and thanks in how we live our daily lives; how we conduct ourselves in every endeavor and transaction; how we do the little things; how everything we do is done like it is a sacred act in appreciation of all that has been given to us. Giving praise and thanks to the creator using words instead of actions is called giving God lip service. It's not worshipping God. If all one does to honor God is participate in religious practices but in his daily life he is showing God he doesn't really appreciate all that has been given to him, then he is not worshipping God. He is paying lip service to God.

The only false Gods that exist are pride, greed, lust, gluttony, etc. Man has a choice in worshipping created things or the creator. Created things are the only false gods that exist. Man is free to pursue fame, fortune and power, but none of these things will satisfy him because he was made for more. Man is only truly happy when he worships the creator.

In it's simplest form the Bible tells us that God created existence, man is a product of that creation, that everything that was created is good and that man should go forth and be fruitful. That we are to do as he has done which is to create. We are happiest when we are using our talents to create. There is no better way to show one's appreciation for what he was given than by using it. But the Bible also tells us that man is a rebel. Tha man is at war with God. People forget that part. Man is at war with God because man worships created things instead of the creator.

Logically there are not multiple deities that exist. There is only one. Whose nature is beyond our comprehension. Who is capable of creating all of existence in its entirety of complexity. Pure consciousness with no limitations of energy or matter because it is beyond energy and matter. This intelligence cannot be bound or limited by a book that was written filtered through men.

All the benefits I have enumerated above can be achieved without the Bible. All they require is a simple belief that beyond our reality is a greater intelligence that is good and wants us to be good.

I can't be an idolater. I worship God. You worship the form of religion which is a created thing. You are the idolater.

So the answer to your point #1 is that I'm not the idolater, you are. The answer to point #2 is that the only false Gods are created things. If one is correctly worshiping the creator instead of created things, he is on the right track regardless which form of religion he has chosen to practice. The answer to point #3 is this is you elevating the form of religion above God. This is you paying lip service to the creator.

dingy---you are not only presumptuous, you are also mendacious,
illogical and silly

He's only a hologram. Or an algorithm. Or maybe both at the same time.

dingy---you are not only presumptuous, you are also mendacious, illogical and silly

Have you always had a missing chromosome?

upload_2019-5-3_9-5-36.png

To be perfectly honest I have no idea what has made you people all upset. I don't think you do either.

It doesn't matter who you ask, you know it when you see it.

Listen Ding.

This thread has been all about you.

And your Baptist friends, who'd laugh in disbelief at the rest of us.

As if they'd be interested?
You're right, this thread isn't about me. You have just made it about me. You don't have good responses to make, so you make any response.

You don't think?

Wow. Who knew?
You are super butt hurt.

What's a butt? A receptacle for storing rain water?
Ask a priest.

You're bad. :nono:
That’s when I’m my best.
The Bible is nothing more or nothing less than a how to book. How to live life and how not to live life. The Law of Nature is written into the hearts of men. If we never had the Bible the Law of Nature would still be written into the hearts of men. If we never had the Bible we would still have right and wrong. Genesis tells us that man knows right from wrong and when man violates it rather than abandoning the concept of good and evil man rationalizes he didn’t violate it.

It doesn't matter who you ask, you know it when you see it.

Listen Ding.

This thread has been all about you.

And your Baptist friends, who'd laugh in disbelief at the rest of us.

As if they'd be interested?
You're right, this thread isn't about me. You have just made it about me. You don't have good responses to make, so you make any response.

You must be a genius to have figured that one out.

:finger3: :spinner:

You don't think?

Wow. Who knew?
You are super butt hurt.

Ask a priest.

That’s when I’m my best.
The Bible is not a letter of the law document. It is a spirit of the law document. Man turned it into a letter of the law document. The law of nature can not be codified into laws because it would require an infinite set of laws because the Law of Right and Wrong is infinite in nature. But if we were to codify the Law of Nature, we would only need one law; do unto others as you would have them do to you.

You don't think?

Wow. Who knew?
You are super butt hurt.

Ask a priest.

That’s when I’m my best.
Sin is anything which distances us from God. There are three possible states man can be in; man can be moving towards God, man can be moving away from God and man can be static in his journey or progression. That's it. There are no others. These three states logically encompass the entire envelope.

You don't think?

Wow. Who knew?
You are super butt hurt.

Ask a priest.

That’s when I’m my best.
Heaven is being eternally united with God. Hell is being eternally separated from God. Neither destination is reached until we experience a physical death. It is possible to experience a spiritual death before experiencing a physical death but at any point in our physical lives we can still move towards God just as we can move away from God or be static in our journey/progression. So a spiritual death before a physical death is reversible, it is not final until a physical death occurs.

You don't think?

Wow. Who knew?
You are super butt hurt.

Ask a priest.

That’s when I’m my best.
The original meaning and practice of the word worship has been lost through 6000 years of time. Worship is nothing more or nothing less than giving praise and thanks. We give praise and thanks by what we do, not by what we say. We show our praise and thanks in how we live our daily lives; how we conduct ourselves in every endeavor and transaction; how we do the little things; how everything we do is done like it is a sacred act in appreciation of all that has been given to us. Giving praise and thanks to the creator using words instead of actions is called giving God lip service. It's not worshipping God. If all one does to honor God is participate in religious practices but in his daily life he is showing God he doesn't really appreciate all that has been given to him, then he is not worshipping God. He is paying lip service to God.

You don't think?

Wow. Who knew?
You are super butt hurt.

Ask a priest.

That’s when I’m my best.
The only false Gods that exist are pride, greed, lust, gluttony, etc. Man has a choice in worshipping created things or the creator. Created things are the only false gods that exist. Man is free to pursue fame, fortune and power, but none of these things will satisfy him because he was made for more. Man is only truly happy when he worships the creator.

Forum List

Back