Tom Price going after medicaid , next will be Medicare

The group, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), holds positions that are at wide variance with basics of federal health policy. It opposes Medicare, the government’s health insurance for older Americans, and it offers extensive training to doctors on how to opt out of the program. It also opposes mandatory vaccination as “equivalent to human experimentation,” a stance contrary to requirements in every state and recommendations of major medical organizations and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Such positions are part of an underlying credo, which Price has long espoused, that doctors should be autonomous in treating their patients — with far fewer government rules, medical quality standards, insurance coverage limits and legal penalties when they make mistakes. The congressman’s ardent hostility toward the Affordable Care Act, before its passage in 2010 and ever since, springs from that credo’s anti-government sentiment.

Tom Price belongs to a doctors group with unorthodox views on government and health care

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another sub human in our congress and now in the T admin. He also charters jets now that he is the health secretary to go from Wash to Philly. Such a big shot.
Price’s private-jet travel breaks precedent

Trump didn't get rid of the swamp, he just filled it up with bigger swamp creatures.

Don't look at it as MediCAID being gone but as an opportunity for all you bleeding hearts to provide personally for all those you say should have something they don't have. Step up. It's easy to understand why you oppose getting rid of what amounts to a social welfare program because it would require you to actually have to take part in real charity instead of considering demanding that others be forced to support what you like as charity.

Life will be more like the 19th century. If you're not wealthy = you won't be allowed to live as long and your quality of life will be dictated by wealth.

Class will once again become more important.

Look at it as an opportunity for you bleeding hearts to personally do for people what you don't mind demanding the rest of us be forced to do.

The group, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), holds positions that are at wide variance with basics of federal health policy. It opposes Medicare, the government’s health insurance for older Americans, and it offers extensive training to doctors on how to opt out of the program. It also opposes mandatory vaccination as “equivalent to human experimentation,” a stance contrary to requirements in every state and recommendations of major medical organizations and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Such positions are part of an underlying credo, which Price has long espoused, that doctors should be autonomous in treating their patients — with far fewer government rules, medical quality standards, insurance coverage limits and legal penalties when they make mistakes. The congressman’s ardent hostility toward the Affordable Care Act, before its passage in 2010 and ever since, springs from that credo’s anti-government sentiment.

Tom Price belongs to a doctors group with unorthodox views on government and health care

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another sub human in our congress and now in the T admin. He also charters jets now that he is the health secretary to go from Wash to Philly. Such a big shot.

Trump didn't get rid of the swamp, he just filled it up with bigger swamp creatures.

Don't look at it as MediCAID being gone but as an opportunity for all you bleeding hearts to provide personally for all those you say should have something they don't have. Step up. It's easy to understand why you oppose getting rid of what amounts to a social welfare program because it would require you to actually have to take part in real charity instead of considering demanding that others be forced to support what you like as charity.

I am not on Medicaid, ok and no one I know is except for a very ill person, but I knew many who were on it and they say 75 million in the US are on it.

Lets see so the states will now control socialized medicine. Seems to me people move more today, and change jobs more. If you read the bill , it says employers will not need to offer health insurance either. You are either young or ignorant of what health insurance was like before the ACA. Maybe you are both.

I am not on Medicaid, ok and no one I know is except for a very ill person, but I knew many who were on it and they say 75 million in the US are on it.

Lets see so the states will now control socialized medicine. Seems to me people move more today, and change jobs more. If you read the bill , it says employers will not need to offer health insurance either. You are either young or ignorant of what health insurance was like before the ACA. Maybe you are both.

I didn't say you were. I addressed it in a general sense. If said doing away with MediCAID would provide all you bleeding hearts a chance to prove your care as much as you claim you care. Seems you, just like the rest of them. have no intention of doing so.

Prior to Obamacare being implemented, my premiums, copays, deductibles, etc. had not risen since I started where I work. The most I ever paid out of pocket in a year was $750. Since Obamacare was put in place, the copays, deductibles, and premiums have gone up. I know what it was like for ME before Obamacare and what happened after Obamacare went into effect. As for the rest of you, I don't give a shit. You're not my responsibility nor is your healthcare coverage/situation any of my concern.

You know you have to wonder why a so-called successful orthopedic doctor left his practice to become a congressman that only paid him $180,000 or so a year and about the same as Secretary of HHS. As well as the other docs. Don't give me this shit about being patriotic. Guess the only reason is to retire with a pension and also to make contacts that will pay them $millions a year after retirement with some title. Engineer of sanitation maybe?

You could never prove to me any of these docs were worth a shit while practicing.

The sad part is that all these govt programs could use an overhaul. Unfortunately we will never get a well reasoned approach to any of it, it will be one side or the other trying to upstage their opponents.

Life will be more like the 19th century. If you're not wealthy = you won't be allowed to live as long and your quality of life will be dictated by wealth.

Do you have any statistics that are being tracked now that you might expect to see change as you forecasted ?

You know you have to wonder why a so-called successful orthopedic doctor left his practice to become a congressman that only paid him $180,000 or so a year and about the same as Secretary of HHS. As well as the other docs. Don't give me this shit about being patriotic. Guess the only reason is to retire with a pension and also to make contacts that will pay them $millions a year after retirement with some title. Engineer of sanitation maybe?

You could never prove to me any of these docs were worth a shit while practicing.

Do you have any information to back your conclusions ?

Do you have any to dispute what I said?

Absolutely.

I don't see where you have presented anything that supports your claim they are not doing this because they are patriotic.

Let's be clear:

Your post clearly asserts that is not the case. That's it. You do nothing to support your statement. It's not on me to disprove it. I didn't actively promote the opposite idea.

This is not good debate on your part.

Next, you claim the only reason they do this is to retire with a pension and develop their potential to make more (as lobbyists I presume). Again, no support. No facts.

Finally, you said nobody could ever "prove" they were worth much as doctors.

That is what they call being "close-minded".

Again, no argument. No debate. Just unfounded assertions.

Of which you have no proof...and it is on you to prove them. Not on me to dispute them until you've presented a case.

Do you have any statistics that are being tracked now that you might expect to see change as you forecasted ?

Again, do you have any statistics that are being tracked at this time that you expect will change as you forecasted ?

You mean like Obama's 438% increase in net worth from time he took office until he left?

Forum List

Back