Tom Brokaw: "We don't know a lot about Barack Obama"

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Audio montage from Charlie Rose interview of Tom Brokaw last night.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlEUMjowLDE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlEUMjowLDE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:
I'm really on the fence this election, but the thing I can't stand about Obama supporters is the jingoism. I know there are idiots on either side of the fence, but if I hear "Yes we can!" or talk about how hope in Obama is going to change the world, I'm going to hit myself.

I'm really on the fence this election, but the thing I can't stand about Obama supporters is the jingoism. I know there are idiots on either side of the fence, but if I hear "Yes we can!" or talk about how hope in Obama is going to change the world, I'm going to hit myself.

Even without doing any research on this guy's past track record which proves he is a far leftwing extremist and near radical himself (and NOT the moderate he pretends for the election), the fact he has far too many troubling associations with radical and terrorist connections, the very kind of people HE described in his own book as the kind of people he WANTED to be involved with, the fact he describes in his OWN book his attraction to Marxism -Come on liberals, would you insist it was irrelevant and nothing but meaningless "old news" if McCain had these kinds of repeated connections to neo-nazis, fascists and unrepentant abortion clinic bombers? What if McCain had written a book and said these were exactly the kind of people he WANTED to surround himself with and then spent an entire chapter talking about what he found so attractive about fascism - instead of why he found OUR system to be so attractive? IT MATTERS since these are the very things that best shed light on who someone really is! But let's forget all that and put it this way:

We will be facing some of the most difficult and complicated challenges to ever face this country in the next few years. In addition, we are still at war that will carry horrific consequences for us for decades to come if we choose to lose it, the economy is shrinking and requires exceptional government decisions in order not to tip it into outright depression.

I don't turn to someone who has never done brain surgery to remove my brain tumor. I don't turn to someone who has never flown a plane to fly me anywhere. I don't turn to someone who has never done a root canal to do mine. I don't even turn to someone who has never cut hair to cut mine!

To hear people INSIST none of this should matter to anyone at all and that we should to turn to someone who has never been in charge of a damn thing, has never led anyone in his life, has zero military experience, zero economic experience, zero foreign policy experience and zero executive experience -and give him the most demanding executive job in the world that calls upon all those things - makes me ill. And then what? We are all supposed to just cross our fingers or what? LOL

(The ignorant among us don't realize that Obama's slogan "change we need" really means "let's take those past policies already proven to be utter failures over and over again - and give 'em another shot because surely it will turn out different this time." However, these same people apparently also don't realize that doing the same thing over and over again in the belief that doing it one more time will bring about a different result -is also the definition of "insanity".)

If I knew absolutely nothing else about Obama -his total lack of relevant experience means I could not vote for him. This is not an entry level job where nothing more than a few part-time jobs that have no bearing on this job at all is all you need - even though Obama apparently thinks it is. But unforturnately for him, I know a whole lot more about Obama than that. All of which has proven to my satisfaction that this guy is unfit for the job entirely.

• Thanks
Reactions: MLP

Forum List

Back