together in grief

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
Hopefully one day they will come together and support each other in peace.

Families Of Murdered Israeli And Palestinian Teens Support One Another In Grief
huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/07/families-murdered-teens-israel_n_5563454.html
The Huffington Post | By Antonia Blumberg Email RSS Follow

Following the discovery of three Israeli teenagers who were abducted and killed in June, Palestinian youth Mohammed Abu Khdeir was brutally kidnapped and murdered in what appears to have been a revenge attack.

While some have resorted to aggression and threats of retribution, several family members of the murdered teens have come together to show their solidarity in this time of mourning.

Over the weekend Jerusalem mayor Nir Barkat visited Rachel Fraenkel, the mother of slain Israeli teen Naftali, and during his visit Barkat spoke with Hussein Abu Khdeir, Mohammed's father, over the telephone. Barkat suggested Abu Khdeir speak with Yishai Fraenkel, Naftali's uncle, and the two men agreed.

Barkat relayed the experience on Facebook, saying that he had witnessed an “emotional and special telephone conversation between two families that have lost their sons.”
Post by *Nir Barkat - ניר ברקת*.

“We expressed our deep empathy with their sorrow, from one bereaved family to another bereaved family,” Yishai Fraenkel reportedly said. “I think it’s very good they seem to have found the culprits. We expressed our absolute disgust with what had happened. He accepted our statements, it was important for him to hear it.”

As tensions mount between Israeli and Palestinian forces following these attacks, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu offered his condolences to the Abu Khdeir family, saying “We do not differentiate between terrorists, and we will respond to all of them."

The Fraenkels also released a statement following Mohammed Abu Khdeir's murder saying, “There is no difference when it comes to blood. Murder is murder; there is no justification, forgiveness or atonement for any murder.”

This was not a national crime!

Mark my words. Print-screen this post. This was not a national crime, the boy was killed for family-honor, he was not killed by Jews,

And I say this openly, if it turns out I'm wrong, I will openly and publicly apologize to you, and whoever believed it was indeed this case.

Until then, think twice to whom you call animals, please.
Did you Apologize?

The scum wants everyone to grovel and lay down their arms so the Palestinian terrorists can claim a victory. Well it aint going to happen any time soon, and if the terrorist attacks keep up the Palestinian terrorists are going to find themselves decimated.

Time to tell the UN to keep out of Israel's way while they do what the UN is too cowardly to do.

The scum wants everyone to grovel and lay down their arms so the Palestinian terrorists can claim a victory. Well it aint going to happen any time soon, and if the terrorist attacks keep up the Palestinian terrorists are going to find themselves decimated.

Time to tell the UN to keep out of Israel's way while they do what the UN is too cowardly to do.

"decimated" there will still be another 90% pushing the Immigrants out of Palestine
What is it that you think israel should do. "what the UN is too cowardly to do"

"Zone 2": Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum / Religion & Ethics Forum: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

Several posts have been cleaned from this thread already - no derailing, no hijacking. Continued violations will be dealt with in a case by case manner and could include warnings, infractions or time out in pink.

The Fraenkels also released a statement following Mohammed Abu Khdeir's murder saying, “There is no difference when it comes to blood. Murder is murder; there is no justification, forgiveness or atonement for any murder.”

:thup:

The Frenkles are such noble people. I remember after the Fogels were butchered, Tamar didn't call for revenge, she tried to be there for her family. Her own message was -"They won't break me".

Such nobility.

This is a wonderful story and an answer to prayer. It is surely pleasing to the LORD that these grieving parents have come together in compassion, tears and love and not permitted bitterness to enter their hearts. Hopefully we learn a lesson from the acts of these parents who have all suffered tremendous loss. What loss could be greater than that of your own son? All the boys who were slain are precious in the sight of the LORD and none are of greater value than the other.

We must begin to move towards compassion and love and mercy one towards another as all of us are in need of understanding, compassion and mercy and love. Which one of us does not desire this? I love this story and I hope it stays up for a very long time. Love, Jeri

Last edited:
The Frenkles are such noble people. I remember after the Fogels were butchered, Tamar didn't call for revenge, she tried to be there for her family. Her own message was -"They won't break me".

Such nobility.

Couldn't agree more Lipush ....

Such nobility.

Mohammad Abu Kdheir's family has acted noble in their own response as well. All families have acted with compassion, love and mercy and this will not go un-noticed by the LORD, Lipush.

There is no comparison to be made in the story of Tamar who was raped by her own brother, Ammon, and then afterwards ( she ) went to live with her brother Absolom.

Absolom's heart was filled with hatred and revenge after learning of his sisters rape and he eventually acted upon that hatred by murdering his own half brother, Ammon. If that were not enough it was the source of his bitterness towards his father King David which culminated in his public rape on a roof top of ten women of his fathers harem.

It did not stop there. He continued on to even attempt to seize the kingdom from his father and in the end this led to his own death!

What do you mean Tamar tried to be there for her family? How so? By decree of the King she went to her brothers bedside to tend to him and bring him food to eat. Not of her own accord, Lipush. It was a serious matter for one of the Kings sons to be on a sick bed. David ordered that she bring the food to Ammon.

Furthermore.... It was King David's decision not to act after learning of the rape of Tamar. No one has the right to judge King David's decisions concerning his own family matters.

This was a family matter inside the Kings' household. It is the antithesis of Mohammad Abu Khdeir's own family reacting in mercy, love and compassion for the family of the Israeli teens who were also slain as their own son was.

This story Aris has posted is about a triumph over bitterness and a personal decision to rise above it and stand on the shoulders of mercy, compassion and love and forgiveness. The story of King Davids daughter, Tamar, is about a failure to overcome bitterness therein leading to the deaths of one brother and the murder of another! Add to this the public rape of 10 women by Absolom - women who belonged to the King. ( ten being a number of judgment )

Mercy triumphs over judgment. This is the lesson. This is the moment. We either seize it or we do not. The decision is up to each of us to make for ourselves.

Once again, this story Aris posted is most beautiful and precious. It should make us fall on our faces and weep for a week until something in us breaks. I want my heart searched thoroughly and any hardness found within it broken. I do not want a hardened heart. There is no benefit to a hardened heart. I hope love floods this board like a Mighty River. No more hardened hearts. Do we want compassion? Then let us sow compassionate. Do we want mercy? Then let us sow mercy. Do we want forgiveness? Then let us sow forgiveness! Let us sow what we desire in our own lives for we shall surely reap a harvest after awhile if we faint not.

You may not know it but I am suffering in my own body right now! ALOT! I did not tell ya'll because some of you would probably be happy to hear of it! Some would say oh! Good! That one who tells me what I don't want to hear is on the bed of affliction. Maybe she will die and we can be rid of her once and for all. Only three of you on this board knows about it. If I don't take the medicines I am in agony. If I do take the medicines I have to throw up. Either way this is a sacrifice even writing today so please accept it as one and receive it from the LORD. If it were not for Him I would not even be here. May the LORD speak to your hearts. I will study to be quiet now and quit talking.

Last edited:

"decimated" there will still be another 90% pushing the Immigrants out of Palestine
What is it that you think israel should do. "what the UN is too cowardly to do"

Much better than annihilate or complete genocide which are both ISLAMONAZI CONCEPTS much practised as the population of islam increases.

Hopefully one day they will come together and support each other in peace.

Families Of Murdered Israeli And Palestinian Teens Support One Another In Grief
huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/07/families-murdered-teens-israel_n_5563454.html
The Huffington Post | By Antonia Blumberg Email RSS Follow

Following the discovery of three Israeli teenagers who were abducted and killed in June, Palestinian youth Mohammed Abu Khdeir was brutally kidnapped and murdered in what appears to have been a revenge attack.

While some have resorted to aggression and threats of retribution, several family members of the murdered teens have come together to show their solidarity in this time of mourning.

Over the weekend Jerusalem mayor Nir Barkat visited Rachel Fraenkel, the mother of slain Israeli teen Naftali, and during his visit Barkat spoke with Hussein Abu Khdeir, Mohammed's father, over the telephone. Barkat suggested Abu Khdeir speak with Yishai Fraenkel, Naftali's uncle, and the two men agreed.

Barkat relayed the experience on Facebook, saying that he had witnessed an “emotional and special telephone conversation between two families that have lost their sons.”
Post by *Nir Barkat - ניר ברקת*.

“We expressed our deep empathy with their sorrow, from one bereaved family to another bereaved family,” Yishai Fraenkel reportedly said. “I think it’s very good they seem to have found the culprits. We expressed our absolute disgust with what had happened. He accepted our statements, it was important for him to hear it.”

As tensions mount between Israeli and Palestinian forces following these attacks, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu offered his condolences to the Abu Khdeir family, saying “We do not differentiate between terrorists, and we will respond to all of them."

At last. Something good might come out of these tragedies, like the time when Protestant and Catholic mothers came together in Northern Ireland to start a peace movement, I can only hope.

Just ran across this in Haaretz, just about says it all. It's time for the sane people to speak out.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/a-special-place-in-hell/.premium-1.603542

for those who can't access the article:

I owe you an apology. I owe you many, in fact. Many more than I have space for here. But a person has to begin somewhere. So I'll begin with what's right in front of me, right now.

I want to apologize for the unforgivable.

For the boy whose face in the photograph I can see even with my eyes closed. The face of the boy before he was wrestled into a car by people on my side, who charred him to death.

I want to apologize to the loved ones of 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir, his family in Shoafat. And to his cousins in Sacramento, who remember him as a kid who loved to tell jokes and riddles, and who was never serious.

You can't tell how old he is in the pictures. It's something about the eyes and the taut smile, the wariness just under the humor.

I want to apologize for the unfathomable.

For Mohammed's 15-year-old cousin Tariq, the one whose straight-A grades in his Tampa, Florida high school earned him a summer vacation to visit family in the Holy Land – where Border Police troops from my side punched him and dragged him on hard ground and soccer-kicked him until they fractured his jaw and his nose.

I want to apologize for the unconscionable.

For the people on my side who, the night before Mohammed's murder, attacked and tried to kidnap Musa Zalum, only nine, but were forced to flee when his mother and others fought them off.

I want to apologize for those on my side who will never do so, who believe that it is wrong to do so. Weak to do so. A betrayal of my side, my people, to do so.

I want to apologize for what's in the air.

I want to apologize for those on my side who can speak with appropriate condemnation about brutal kidnap-murders - but who feel they must add, as Prime Minister Netanyahu did this week, that the moral high ground is my side's alone: "This is what differentiates us from our neighbors. There the murderers are welcomed as heroes, and squares are named for them."He went on to say that my side jails and puts on trial those who incite, while your side makes incitement part of the work of officialdom and educators.

I want to apologize for those on my side who are guilty of incitement, and whom we neither jail nor try, but rather furnish salaries as cabinet ministers, heads of youth movements, civil servant chief rabbis, and commentators.

I want to apologize for Israel Hayom columnist Haim Shine who, without relating at all to the horrific incident that sparked demonstrations and rioting in Arab towns and centers – and without relating at all to the people on my side who rioted immediately after learning that three of our teens had been murdered – wrote this: "The hypocrisy of the Arabs of Israel is unchecked and disgusting. Unfortunately, they do not realize that their actions keep them walking a tightrope that could collapse if their traitorous conduct persists."

I want to apologize to good people who are being driven out of this place by the actions and words of bad people.

One of the good people is a colleague, Sayed Kashua. Last week, he published some of the most painful and powerful lines ever to appear on these pages. "I was silent," he wrote, "knowing that my attempt at living together with others in this country was over. That the lie I’d told my children about a future in which Arabs and Jews share the country equally was over."

I want to apologize for those on my side who never will. I want to apologize for those on my side who suggest that you imbibe murderous vengeance with your mothers' milk, I want to apologize for the tens of thousands of people on my side who, in anger over your side's murder of our three teens, are promoting revenge as a value for Israeli Jews.

Some of these same people will demand that only you have something to apologize for. That only my side is owed an apology. If you do offer an apology, though, expect these same people to dismiss it as nothing more than empty words, servants of a darker agenda.

And one last apology, perhaps the one which should have come before all the others: For sometimes forgetting that, where actual people are concerned - actual children, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons - my side and your side are the same.

It may be, in the end, that the only message we've really needed to hear over the past unbearable weeks, my side and yours, was a simple one, nothing more than one headline which appeared on Sunday: "Sane people on each side, unite!"

Last edited:
I am not on this board 24/7! And I owe you nothing.

And I said all I had to in the special threat I opened, one you didn't follow or read.

So read it, and then think twice before repeating nonsense!

Heartwarming.
Quote: Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MHunterB View Post
Palestinian teen's abduction, killing heightens tension - CNN.com

"Those who spoke out passionately included an uncle of one of the three Israeli teens whose bodies were found earlier this week. He called the young Palestinian's killing "a forbidden action, and it has no forgiveness."

"Any act of revenge of any kind whatsoever is completely inappropriate and wrong. Murder is murder," said Yishai Frankel, uncle of Naftali Frankel, a 16-year-old dual Israeli-American citizen, to Israel's Channel 2. "One should not differentiate between bloods, be it Arab or Jew."

From the CNN report...... A typical Zionist response.
It's really sad when such a good person has to suffer the loss of a loved one.

That uncle is a good person who has my respect.
would you believe there are plenty of Jews who are like this man, he is a mensch.
There are plenty of Jews who will revile him as weak.

Lipush and Phoenall step up and agree with what Yishai Frankel said, for people like him are the future of Israel.
Why has it taken you so long to answer my request above.........your duplicity is vile

And while you carry on with your ISLAMONAZI LIES and FABRICATIONS against Jews and use the term Zionist as a profanity you will get nothing from me. I see the Palestinians mass murders for what they are, and I wont whitewash them like you do. Like the mother and her children, one still unborn, callously and maliciously gunned down by Palestinian scum as she drove home after visiting friends in a Jewish settlement. Or the mass murder of children by Palestinian scum when they bombed coffee shops and playgrounds. After 66 years of Palestinian violence, terrorism and mass murders do you expect the Israelis to forget all those that died at the hands of animalistic inbred Palestinian POS.[/QUOTE [MENTION=35705]Phoenall[/MENTION] Find one of my posts that I use the term Zionist and I will leave this place, you are simply a liar:badgrin:

Forum List

Back