Toddler finds mother shot dead in Umm al-Fahm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
The body of a woman was found Sunday in the northern Israeli city of Umm al-Fahm. The victim, of approximately 30 years of age, was apparently shot to death.

Police say the woman's son, a toddler of about three years of age, discovered the dead body as he walked into the family home in the Arab-populated town.

Toddler finds mother shot dead in Umm al-Fahm - Israel News, Ynetnews

s3560.gif

The body of a woman was found Sunday in the northern Israeli city of Umm al-Fahm. The victim, of approximately 30 years of age, was apparently shot to death.

Police say the woman's son, a toddler of about three years of age, discovered the dead body as he walked into the family home in the Arab-populated town.

s3560.gif

That is an awful thing, and the women are the victims in these honor killings typically. I was reading not long ago about a recent honor killing where a father and his son killed a daughter supposedly caught meeting a neighbor boy in the middle of the night. I think it happened in Gaza, and while the men were arrested I do not know how their crimes will be treated. The mother wanted them punished. She was distraught. She had been with a sick relative when it happened and came home to find her daughter killed by her own father and brother.

s3560.gif

How horrible ... the poor child was sleeping next to his mother when she was killed...

The article states:

Police are looking into the possibility that the suspected murder was related to a dispute within the family.

Some 150 people took part in a protest over the weekend against the murder of women in Arab society. The demonstration was held at the entrance to the Israeli-Arab community of Kfar Qara along Route 65. The protesters, most of which were women, held signs with the names of female victims of honor killings and demanded an immediate end to violence targeting women.

Violence against women is so often put on the back burner in so many cultures. Like the horrible rape in India. Women need to take back their freedom from violence but as long as authorities look the other way, not much changes :(

They're just following their " religion". I thought we believed in freedom of religion. If this women were Jewish the two Hypocritical Pro Palestinian Posters wouldn't give a SHIT which is exactly how I feel.

They're just following their " religion". I thought we believed in freedom of religion. If this women were Jewish the two Hypocritical Pro Palestinian Posters wouldn't give a SHIT which is exactly how I feel.

So you support violence against women then?

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

s3560.gif

How horrible ... the poor child was sleeping next to his mother when she was killed...

The article states:

Police are looking into the possibility that the suspected murder was related to a dispute within the family.

Some 150 people took part in a protest over the weekend against the murder of women in Arab society. The demonstration was held at the entrance to the Israeli-Arab community of Kfar Qara along Route 65. The protesters, most of which were women, held signs with the names of female victims of honor killings and demanded an immediate end to violence targeting women.

Violence against women is so often put on the back burner in so many cultures. Like the horrible rape in India. Women need to take back their freedom from violence but as long as authorities look the other way, not much changes :(
First the authorities have to say that honor killings are wrong. That would be a start.

Abbas aide: No plans to outlaw 'honor killing' | Maan News Agency

Is it just me, or do honor killing seem to be on the rise ?? I feel like I've been hearing more and more of these stories in the past year or so

Is it just me, or do honor killing seem to be on the rise ?? I feel like I've been hearing more and more of these stories in the past year or so
And the sad part about this practice is the killer(s) is the only one who has had his "honor" offended. The public and the rest of the family normally isn't aware of any "offenses" by the girl/woman. The SOB should be beheaded in the town square.

Another story of violence from the very same website.

The police have launched an investigation into an alleged assault of an Arab woman in Jerusalem on Monday.
A witness claims a group of Jewish women attacked an Arab woman near the Light Rail station in the Kiryat Moshe neighborhood, hitting and yelling at her.

Who knows, maybe the incidents are somehow related?

Of course, the shooting victim might simply have fallen prey to some out-of-control Mossad agent...

Another story of violence from the very same website.

The police have launched an investigation into an alleged assault of an Arab woman in Jerusalem on Monday.
A witness claims a group of Jewish women attacked an Arab woman near the Light Rail station in the Kiryat Moshe neighborhood, hitting and yelling at her.

Who knows, maybe the incidents are somehow related?

Of course, the shooting victim might simply have fallen prey to some out-of-control Mossad agent...
You too could be replaced by a lab rat. Ever think of that?

You too could be replaced by a lab rat. Ever think of that?

Why should I?

Even if such a thing were true, threats of what might befall me for expressing my sincere convictions have never worked as intended. :)

The Pro Palestinians do. They don't see anything wrong with an entire family being murdered which obviously included women as long as they are Jewish.The hypocrite speaks again.. Their infant son was BEHEADED! Do you support that? Of course you do.I"m not surprised at all!

The Pro Palestinians do. They don't see anything wrong with an entire family being murdered which obviously included women as long as they are Jewish.The hypocrite speaks again.. Their infant son was BEHEADED! Do you support that? Of course you do.I"m not surprised at all!

One very important point; When I had mentioned the family in a prior post there wasn't one Pro Palestinian with ANY degree of sorrow or empathy!!!! However what was even more disgusting was that Pro Palestinian bitch Sheri saying she asked for it because she was on " occupied land " . However what is really disgusting is that she claimed Ms Fogel DESERVED IT because she taught " terrorism " to the young Israeli girls. Of course when asked to produce the link there was nobody home. Didn't see you condemn that!!!! You can take your racist Double Standard and shove it up your ass

s3560.gif

That is an awful thing, and the women are the victims in these honor killings typically. I was reading not long ago about a recent honor killing where a father and his son killed a daughter supposedly caught meeting a neighbor boy in the middle of the night. I think it happened in Gaza, and while the men were arrested I do not know how their crimes will be treated. The mother wanted them punished. She was distraught. She had been with a sick relative when it happened and came home to find her daughter killed by her own father and brother.

Hope they find who did this.

Poor kid:(

s3560.gif

The article states:

Yes.

Problem is, our authorities are very hesitant to get involved in cultural issues such as this one. of course they'll investigate each case up to what they can do, but as a phenomenon they pretty much put it aside, out of many reasons.

s3560.gif

The article states:

Yes.

Problem is, our authorities are very hesitant to get involved in cultural issues such as this one. of course they'll investigate each case up to what they can do, but as a phenomenon they pretty much put it aside, out of many reasons.

There is a difference between what happened here and what happened in India. The former is about their " religion" where the latter was just plain violence. In the US there have been " Honor Killings". Any " outrage" about their " religious practices"? Of course not!!!

toast ---it seems to me that they have simply become a topic----honor killings are
nothing new

I do not think it has anything to do with religion, honor killings, I think it is more cultural like the female circumcisions are. In Iraq, for example, there are certain Kurdish areas where female circimcisions are carried out. In some of the countries in the Middle East, there are literally hundreds of different tribes who have their own dialects and customs. When you see a village like Nabi Saleh, for example, where all the residents have the surname Tamimi, you are dealing with a specific tribe of people with their own history and customs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back