Todays observation: Christian Canabalism

The thread is about how christians attack and one another like sharks trying to prove that they each have the right path and that everyone else is wrong. When in reality they are all christians. But they nit pick each other apart until they wind up killing one another like the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland.

This shows that not only do christians not get along with everyone else they can't even get along with each other , hence the canablism.

Christians get along with others about as well as anyone else. Most practitioners of a religious tradition think their religion is supreme, that's why they chose it.

Some Christians criticise other Christians, others defend All Christians, no matter what they believe or have done.

It's true that in Northern Ireland, there is a conflict between Irish Catholics and Irish Protestants. They aren't really fighting about religion, they are fighting about civil rights.

A good many wars are about sectarianism.

They are fighting over civil rights, Catholics have them and Protestants want them. A secular war with religious divisions.

not really... they're fighting over control... same as every other "religious" fighting.... religion is a facile excuse to rally people to fight because it is misused by leaders for achieve political purpose.

Great, another Christian bashing thread, based on a lying OP.

Love it.

What, you were expecting something intelligent from a bigot?

I'm a bigot. Hmmm lets think about this.

My religion allows me to recognize that I am a bigot, and it's ok sometimes. As long as you treat everyone fairly and do not act upon your bigotry you are safe. This works for me and I'm ok with it, as are most people who interact with me. I am bigotted against idiots...I hate stupid people...they annoy the shit right out of me.

You're a bigot also. Hmmmm lets think about this.

You, and your religion teaches that bigotry is wrong and sinful. So you got a problem, not me. You chose to live by that code, not me. You are bigotted against everyone who doesn't live by your code, and your kind has been doing this since it started.

Winner me , sucks to be you.:lol:

Christians get along with others about as well as anyone else. Most practitioners of a religious tradition think their religion is supreme, that's why they chose it.

Some Christians criticise other Christians, others defend All Christians, no matter what they believe or have done.

It's true that in Northern Ireland, there is a conflict between Irish Catholics and Irish Protestants. They aren't really fighting about religion, they are fighting about civil rights.

A good many wars are about sectarianism.

They are fighting over civil rights, Catholics have them and Protestants want them. A secular war with religious divisions.

not really... they're fighting over control... same as every other "religious" fighting.... religion is a facile excuse to rally people to fight because it is misused by leaders for achieve political purpose.

It's just the fact that they are fighting that does not suprise me. Would they be doing anything else? Sometimes they do so much good and sometimes they're shmucks.

Great, another Christian bashing thread, based on a lying OP.

Love it.

My religion allows me to recognize that I am a bigot, and it's ok sometimes. As long as you treat everyone fairly and do not act upon your bigotry you are safe. This works for me and I'm ok with it, as are most people who interact with me. I am bigotted against idiots...I hate stupid people...they annoy the shit right out of me.

You, and your religion teaches that bigotry is wrong and sinful. So you got a problem, not me. You chose to live by that code, not me. You are bigotted against everyone who doesn't live by your code, and your kind has been doing this since it started.

If your religion actually suggests that it's EVER okay to be a bigot, then excuse me while I descend into a little bashing and say that your religion is fucking stupid to the point of quite possibly being evil.

Get a dictionary, shitforbrains. Bigot - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

If you've got a religion that condones THAT, then you're even more brain-damaged than I've been thinking. I'd rather be a Scientologist than subscribe to something like that, and I don't even recognize Scientology as a real religion.

"As long as you hate in the privacy of your own heart and behave outwardly as a complete hypocrite, you're okay". What codswallop.

I would sympathize with you over the self-hatred inherent in your trying to hate stupid people, but . . . well, you're not worth the effort.

I have learned a lesson, though: never understimate Spectrum's ability to get dumber on a daily basis.

If your religion actually suggests that it's EVER okay to be a bigot, then excuse me while I descend into a little bashing and say that your religion is fucking stupid to the point of quite possibly being evil.

Get a dictionary, shitforbrains. Bigot - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

If you've got a religion that condones THAT, then you're even more brain-damaged than I've been thinking. I'd rather be a Scientologist than subscribe to something like that, and I don't even recognize Scientology as a real religion.

"As long as you hate in the privacy of your own heart and behave outwardly as a complete hypocrite, you're okay". What codswallop.

I would sympathize with you over the self-hatred inherent in your trying to hate stupid people, but . . . well, you're not worth the effort.

I have learned a lesson, though: never understimate Spectrum's ability to get dumber on a daily basis.

Thank you for your reply. You have just proven the entire post. Some Christians (you for example) get along with no one. They don't get along with those are not christian and they don't get along with those that are. You can't take the magnifying glass being turned on you. You have no legitimate arguement so you resort to name calling. You are whats wrong with Christianity, so many other good christians get a bad name because of people like you. They walk around constantly appologizing for you, and telling everyone else we're not all like that. Don't you have enough respect for your fellow Christian to just keep quiet? You are the reason Christians get upset with sweeping generalizations, they don't want to be lumped into a catagory with you.

Religion as an excuse for murdering your neighbors and taking their stuff is as old as the hills.

Christians were damned good at it back when Christians ruled the roost.

But let's face it, when it comes to murder and mayhem on behalf of a GOD, Christians are merely one of the later examples of that game.

Christians are the most devisive group in all of history. They couldn't get along with the Jews (Inquisition), they couldn't get along with the Muslims (Crusades), and they can't get along with one another. If there were only christians left in the world they would turn on one another in seconds. Protestants VS Catholics, Christians VS Mormons, and everyone against the Jehova's witnesses.

It seems Christians have alot of issues with other christians such as...
People have problems with the Catholics because of the Pope.
People have problems with the Angelicans because of homosexual acceptance.
Baptists have problems because they feel strongly in full submersion baptisms.
Jehova witnesses worship the father and not the son and this causes problems for some.
Greek Orthodox believe others worship Idols.
Some have problems with the teaching of Evangelical prosperity teaching.
Full Gospel, Pentacostal, Apostolates believe strongly in the gifts of the spirit. Others don't.
Methodists and Lutherns are viewed as "Catholic lite".
Born Agains are divided over the pretribulation rapture.
Most christians have all sorts of problems with Joseph Smith and the Mormons.

You would think that believing in Jesus would be good enough but it isn't. They even argue over what bible is being used, King James Vs. something else. Then you get the Christian Wacko's such as the Fundamentalists who will let their children die rather than take them to a doctor for simple cures, the ones that kill abortion doctors, and now apparently the nut job in Oslo.

To those will will say these are minor differences, or we are all Gods children, or all you need to do is accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. I ask this which denomination should I join and why not one of the others? The fact that you have an answer to that question proves that feeding frenzy is not far behind.

Why are there so many Christian denominations?

"There seems to be at least two major problems with denominationalism. First, nowhere in Scripture is there a mandate for denominationalism; to the contrary the mandate is for union and connectivity. Thus, the second problem is that history tells us that denominationalism is the result of, or caused by, conflict and confrontation which leads to division and separation. Jesus told us that a house divided against itself cannot stand. This general principle can and should be applied to the church. We find an example of this in the Corinthian church which was struggling with issues of division and separation. There were those who thought that they should follow Paul and those who thought they should follow the teaching of Apollos, 1 Corinthians 1:12, "What I am saying is this: each of you says, “I’m with Paul,” or “I’m with Apollos,” or “I’m with Cephas,” or “I’m with Christ.” This alone should tell you what Paul thought of denominations or anything else that separates and divides the body. But let’s look further; in verse 13, Paul asks very pointed questions, "Is Christ divided? Was it Paul who was crucified for you? Or were you baptized in Paul’s name?” This makes clear how Paul feels, he (Paul) is not the Christ, he is not the one crucified and his message has never been one that divides the church or would lead someone to worship Paul instead of Christ. Obviously, according to Paul, there is only one church and one body of believers and anything that is different weakens and destroys the church (see verse 17). He makes this point stronger in 3:4 by saying that anyone who says they are of Paul or of Apollos is carnal.

Some of the problems we are faced with today as we look at denominationalism and its more recent history:.....

(If interested, please see link for the rest. You can ask alot of hard questions on that site)

Religion as an excuse for murdering your neighbors and taking their stuff is as old as the hills.

Christians were damned good at it back when Christians ruled the roost.

But let's face it, when it comes to murder and mayhem on behalf of a GOD, Christians are merely one of the later examples of that game.

Why are there so many fake Christians?

Answer: A Christian can be defined as a person who has, by faith, received and fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior from sin (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). And in the heart of the Christian resides the Spirit of Christ (Ephesians 3:17; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Romans 8:11). Now, “if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ” (Romans 8:9), and this person, then, is not a Christian. Thus, the term “fake Christian” is a misnomer. You are a Christian or you are not a Christian; one is either with God or against God (Matthew 12:30).

That being said, this question is certainly a legitimate one in the minds of many people. And this is likely due to the behavior of some Christians; however, it is also likely because of the behavior of many who think they are Christians or profess to be Christians, but who are not.

If interested..please read on further for the links

How can I recognize a false teacher / false prophet?

We all make mistakes, but someone murdering "in the name of God"...well obviously they are not holding to "thou shalt not kill", right?

Satan is one tricky being. If he can get people to falsely say they are a christian and go out doing a bunch a bad stuff .. well he's fooled the unbelievers especially then if they watch OTHER PEOPLE, instead of going to God directly for their OWN relationship with God.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back