Todays observation: Christian Canabalism

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ngMz92vwA]‪Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers - Atheists Don't Have No Songs‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Reading the OP reminds me of why I left Christianity.

It is such a convoluted mess.

Finding and embracing Islam was a breath of fresh air. :cool:

Yeah cuz all muslims love each other, just look at Iraq, all those groups within that country have loved each other for decades.

Everything the OP said about divisive christians, you can say the same for muslims.

The truest thing on this thread right now.

I thought the thread was going to be about right wing Christians criticising left wing Christians, or some such.

The blood is life as stated in the bible,that is also what science finds as well.

Jesus's blood means he sacrificed that life for us all. The ones that appreciate it celebrate that sacrifice.

I think this is part of why i don't understand Jehovas Witness when they say taking blood in any way is a sin...this is why they won't accept blood transfusions. My ex-daughter in law is (sorta) a practicing JW (off and on)...and i told her before if she ever denied a transfusion for one of my grandkids that would save their life, she'd have a HUGE problem!

Well i am no JW.

I'm really sorry if i came across that way!!! I wasn't trying to say you were and didn't think that...it was just your comment about the blood that made me think of my stinking daughter in law!! :) Sorry!

Reading the OP reminds me of why I left Christianity.

It is such a convoluted mess.

Finding and embracing Islam was a breath of fresh air. :cool:

Yeah cuz all muslims love each other, just look at Iraq, all those groups within that country have loved each other for decades.

Everything the OP said about divisive christians, you can say the same for muslims.

Or any group of people really. We'll mutter any excuse to kill each other.

The thread is about how christians attack and one another like sharks trying to prove that they each have the right path and that everyone else is wrong. When in reality they are all christians. But they nit pick each other apart until they wind up killing one another like the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland.

This shows that not only do christians not get along with everyone else they can't even get along with each other , hence the canablism.

The thread is about how christians attack and one another like sharks trying to prove that they each have the right path and that everyone else is wrong. When in reality they are all christians. But they nit pick each other apart until they wind up killing one another like the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland.

This shows that not only do christians not get along with everyone else they can't even get along with each other , hence the canablism.

It was James Madison who said the country is better served by having many different sects.

Second. It is of great importance in a republic not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers, but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part. Different interests necessarily exist in different classes of citizens. If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure. There are but two methods of providing against this evil: the one by creating a will in the community independent of the majority -- that is, of the society itself; the other, by comprehending in the society so many separate descriptions of citizens as will render an unjust combination of a majority of the whole very improbable, if not impracticable. The first method prevails in all governments possessing an hereditary or self-appointed authority. This, at best, is but a precarious security; because a power independent of the society may as well espouse the unjust views of the major, as the rightful interests of the minor party, and may possibly be turned against both parties. The second method will be exemplified in the federal republic of the United States. Whilst all authority in it will be derived from and dependent on the society, the society itself will be broken into so many parts, interests, and classes of citizens, that the rights of individuals, or of the minority, will be in little danger from interested combinations of the majority. In a free government the security for civil rights must be the same as that for religious rights. It consists in the one case in the multiplicity of interests, and in the other in the multiplicity of sects.

The Federalist #51

You know, if one group wants to paint the church bathroom periwinkle blue and another group wants to paint it latrine green, they have as much right to differ and to divide as any other organization. Ya know, we are all here because one political group decided to split from another. And they are still sniping. Probably will be until the end of time. So I don't see that your point is particularly valid.

They lost me with, "Drink, this is my blood".

The blood is life as stated in the bible,that is also what science finds as well.

Jesus's blood means he sacrificed that life for us all. The ones that appreciate it celebrate that sacrifice.

I think this is part of why i don't understand Jehovas Witness when they say taking blood in any way is a sin...this is why they won't accept blood transfusions. My ex-daughter in law is (sorta) a practicing JW (off and on)...and i told her before if she ever denied a transfusion for one of my grandkids that would save their life, she'd have a HUGE problem!

MDs usually handle the issue through the courts.

MDs usually handle the issue through the courts.

I know...and i'd be right there with them! :)

It was James Madison who said the country is better served by having many different sects.

Second. It is of great importance in a republic not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers, but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part. Different interests necessarily exist in different classes of citizens. If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure. There are but two methods of providing against this evil: the one by creating a will in the community independent of the majority -- that is, of the society itself; the other, by comprehending in the society so many separate descriptions of citizens as will render an unjust combination of a majority of the whole very improbable, if not impracticable. The first method prevails in all governments possessing an hereditary or self-appointed authority. This, at best, is but a precarious security; because a power independent of the society may as well espouse the unjust views of the major, as the rightful interests of the minor party, and may possibly be turned against both parties. The second method will be exemplified in the federal republic of the United States. Whilst all authority in it will be derived from and dependent on the society, the society itself will be broken into so many parts, interests, and classes of citizens, that the rights of individuals, or of the minority, will be in little danger from interested combinations of the majority. In a free government the security for civil rights must be the same as that for religious rights. It consists in the one case in the multiplicity of interests, and in the other in the multiplicity of sects.

The Federalist #51

You know, if one group wants to paint the church bathroom periwinkle blue and another group wants to paint it latrine green, they have as much right to differ and to divide as any other organization. Ya know, we are all here because one political group decided to split from another. And they are still sniping. Probably will be until the end of time. So I don't see that your point is particularly valid.

from a secular point of view you are correct. This is from a religious point of view, and I feel my op is spot on.

Christians get along with others about as well as anyone else. Most practitioners of a religious tradition think their religion is supreme, that's why they chose it.

Some Christians criticise other Christians, others defend All Christians, no matter what they believe or have done.

It's true that in Northern Ireland, there is a conflict between Irish Catholics and Irish Protestants. They aren't really fighting about religion, they are fighting about civil rights.

A good many wars are about sectarianism.

Last edited:

Christians get along with others about as well as anyone else. Most practitioners of a religious tradition think their religion is supreme, that's why they chose it.

Some Christians criticise other Christians, others defend All Christians, no matter what they believe or have done.

It's true that in Northern Ireland, there is a conflict between Irish Catholics and Irish Protestants. They aren't really fighting about religion, they are fighting about civil rights.

They are fighting over civil rights, Catholics have them and Protestants want them. A secular war with religious divisions.

They are fighting over civil rights, Catholics have them and Protestants want them. A secular war with religious divisions.

True. And in India and Sri Lanka there is sectarian strife between Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists. In the Middle East, there is strife between the Jews and Muslims. There is strife between the Sunni and Shi'a in Islam.

Evangelicals criticise Catholics and Mormons and vice versa.

I don't know the author of the quote but it goes like this..."There will never be peace in the world as long as there is religion in the world"

christain cannablism?

is that the new code word for oral sex?

Spectrum is of the rather odd but amusing notion that Christians are the only people in the history of the world who have trouble getting along with each other. Or possibly that Christianity is the only reason in the history of the world for people to not get along with each other, I'm not sure which.

I'll admit to being vastly entertained by trying to imagine the peaceful, harmonious world Spectrum apparently sees outside the doors of churches. Do you suppose that everyone in his reality stands around holding hands and singing "Kum Ba Yah", or is it just that they're all followed by pink fluffy clouds and animated Disney birds whistling "Zippadeedoodah"?

True. And in India and Sri Lanka there is sectarian strife between Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists. In the Middle East, there is strife between the Jews and Muslims. There is strife between the Sunni and Shi'a in Islam.

Evangelicals criticise Catholics and Mormons and vice versa.

Slight correction: in the Middle East, there is strife between Muslims and . . . everyone else.

I don't know the author of the quote but it goes like this..."There will never be peace in the world as long as there is religion in the world"

Who cares who it was? He was obviously a bigoted idiot, rather like you, if his hatred of religion blinded him to the fact that there will never be peace in the world as long as there are HUMAN BEINGS in the world.

What sort of drugs did you have to take to convince yourself that it's only religion that inspires humanity to be violent?

Forum List

Back