Today's Breakfast

Hm, a curious thread. I like it. :D

For breakfast today I nabbed a sweet potato, lopped off the ends, and poked it around with a fork. Then wrapped that bad boy up in aluminum foil and chucked it in the Nu-Wave oven for 50 minutes. Damned good, a natural way to regulate blood sugar, and cheap as hell. ;-)

Finally I understand that you need meat in your breakfast ... at least the eggs need to be fried ...

I would cook mine a little longer, but those are fried, just not cooked to death....:)

This is how mine look like when I cook them....

P1010878_zpsf6a14baf.jpg

We have a Mexican joint by the house that does a buffet on weekends. I shit you not,this thing is damn near eighty foot long. They'll make Mexican omelets and everything in between to order right there in the dinning room as well.
Problem is,every time we go we have to take a nap when we get home.:lol:

Everything "Mexican" is going to be very filling. We stopped at a little hole in the wall Mexican Restaurant on the way to the grocery store and I had a Barbacoa taco....it was really good, with salsa and a cup of coffee - didn't even have to eat lunch...:D

Oh Jeebus.

All I want in the morning is a double cappuccino...and then maybe a yogurt after awhile.

All of that food above is midday brunch fare for the weekend and holidays.

I would cook mine a little longer, but those are fried, just not cooked to death....:)

This is how mine look like when I cook them....

P1010878_zpsf6a14baf.jpg

We have a Mexican joint by the house that does a buffet on weekends. I shit you not,this thing is damn near eighty foot long. They'll make Mexican omelets and everything in between to order right there in the dinning room as well.

Everything "Mexican" is going to be very filling. We stopped at a little hole in the wall Mexican Restaurant on the way to the grocery store and I had a Barbacoa taco....it was really good, with salsa and a cup of coffee - didn't even have to eat lunch...:D

Mmmmmm Barbocoa:eusa_drool:
I hate it when they try and pass off brisket as Barbacoa!:evil: You gotta go to the real mexican joints for the head meat. (place head meat jokes here)

Oh Jeebus.

All I want in the morning is a double cappuccino...and then maybe a yogurt after awhile.

All of that food above is midday brunch fare for the weekend and holidays.

Thats the way I work it. Usually two meals a day during the week. Brunch and dinner.
But nothings better then getting up Sat. or Sun. and going to your favorite breakfast place and sitting outside before it gets to friggen hot!

I hate it when they try and pass off brisket as Barbacoa!:evil: You gotta go to the real mexican joints for the head meat. (place head meat jokes here)

This is in San Antonio.....nobody tries to pass of brisket for Barbacoa.....they'd be laughed right out of business.....:D

This is in San Antonio.....nobody tries to pass of brisket for Barbacoa.....they'd be laughed right out of business.....:D

Ah! So you're right down the street in Texas terms. I'm in Katy Texas.(Just west of Houston)
I love it here!! Mexican food,BBQ and Cajun. What more could you want?

Ah! So you're right down the street in Texas terms. I'm in Katy Texas.(Just west of Houston)

I have a son living in Katy....what a small world!

They have some great Mexican restaurants in Houston, too....but I love to cook Mexican food and I can do it better than some places.

I have a son living in Katy....what a small world!

They have some great Mexican restaurants in Houston, too....but I love to cook Mexican food and I can do it better than some places.

Small world indeed.
Other then tacos,fajitas and cheese enchiladas I haven't really dabbled in making Mexican food. Some of it's just a royal pain in the ass to make. Thats the one thing I miss about my ex fiance....her mothers cooking.:D
I love the hole in the wall places around Houston,thats where the good mexican food is.

I shouldn't have looked at this thread. I wanna go in the kitchen and make noise while cooking some breakfast. :(

Why? Could it be said that this thread hindered you to make some noise in your preparing today's breakfast? Sorry if it's like this.

Last edited:
Making another roasted sweet potato in the Nu-Wave oven.

nuwave-oven-affiliate-banner-c.jpg

s3.amazonaws.com%2Fphotography.prod.demandstudios.com%2Fd99e4aea-011a-4afa-9da4-ebcf0abf86f4.jpg

a couple burgers with hard fired eggs on top plus a big salad this morning for me .

Forum List

Back