Today in history

Fmr jarhead

Aug 9, 2004
SoFLA
Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet opened the first free American school for the deaf in Hartford, Conn.

In response to the attack on Fort Sumter three days earlier, President Abraham Lincoln declared a state of insurrection and called out Union troops.

Titanic sank off the coast of Newfoundland on its maiden voyage after it struck an iceberg.

Nazi concentration camp Bergen-Belsen was liberated by Canadian and British forces.

Jackie Robinson made his Brooklyn Dodger debut and scored the game-winning run. On April 15, 1997, his number, 42, was retired.

Ray Kroc acquired McDonald's and opened his first restaurant in Des Plaines, Ill., today the official McDonald’s Corporate Museum.

The 100th Boston Marathon was won by Moses Tanui of Kenya.

Cambodian despot Pol Pot, leader of the Khmer Rouge, died.

Brthdays....

Leonardo DaVinci
Original Renaissance Man (1452)
Henry James
novelist (1843)
A. Philip Randolph
labor leader (1889)
Bessie Smith
singer (1894)
Evelyn Ashford
athlete (1957)

Lighters were banned from airplanes! matches still allowed.

Your tax dollar at work folks.... I have to wonder how much TSA spent to come up with that one.

2004 - I filed my taxes.
2003 - I filed my taxes.
2002 - I filed my taxes.
2001 - I filed my taxes.
2000 - I filed my taxes.
1999 - I filed my taxes.

gop_jeff said:
2004 - I filed my taxes.
2003 - I filed my taxes.
2002 - I filed my taxes.
2001 - I filed my taxes.
2000 - I filed my taxes.
1999 - I filed my taxes.

Gee, I just filed my extension. :laugh: I don't owe taxes, which make procrastination both stupid and easier.

Kathianne said:
Gee, I just filed my extension. :laugh: I don't owe taxes, which make procrastination both stupid and easier.

If you don't owe there is no need for an extension. You can file at any time to receive your refund. You have to do it within three years though. Remember that any amount of time you let the Gov. keep your money without interest is time it could have been earning interest for you...

:D

CSM said:
Lighters were banned from airplanes! matches still allowed.

Your tax dollar at work folks.... I have to wonder how much TSA spent to come up with that one.

At the same time the border was ignored and about 1,000,000 people entered the country illegally per year. This would mean that today about 2740 people entered this country illegally most crossed the border at Mexico.

The President was busy calling those concerned citizens in Arizona vigilantes and ignoring the threat that terrorists might enter the border. Thank the little gods they recognized the threat and banned those lighters though, we are so much safer. And you can only bring four packs of matches at a time, those of course couldn't be used to light bombs placed in your sneakers, whew we narrowly missed the threat of somebody lighting a birthday cake with a lighter while on board a plane.

no1tovote4 said:
If you don't owe there is no need for an extension. You can file at any time to receive your refund. You have to do it within three years though. Remember that any amount of time you let the Gov. keep your money without interest is time it could have been earning interest for you...

I actually have a someone do them, fallout from the opening years of my divorce proceedings, (which took 4 years). I was full-time in school, with 3 kids, receiving 'unallocated support' instead of child support. My first 'single tax filing' resulted in a bill of nearly $4000! Took it to IRS person and they said I was screwed, but yeah, I owed that. Then told me I could pay like $12 a month! The next year it was like $4300! I finally told my brother who sent me to his accountant. She said that the idiot could not pull this off, he owed child support, not 'unallocated support.' She filed amended returns and I got all of it back + interest and the idiot was hit with the taxes. :dev3: Until last year, she wouldn't take any payment for my taxes, said that made her decade!

no1tovote4 said:

I filed an extension, but I am not sure if I owe or not. My corporate tax return was due march 15, but I filed an extension for that one too. Until it is done, I cannot file my pesonal as i don't know how much profits will flow through from the s-corp to me. I hate tax season! And i hate having to do it every quarter!

Forum List

Back