Toby Keith has died

He did a heck of a job selling Bush's war in Iraq with that one song, tho.

Bumped up enlistment, too.

Was quite a useful asset, really. It's interesting how the entertainment industry operates in synergy with government interests regarding stuff like that.

And, of course, riding on those coat tails, one of he most repugnant pieces of legislation ever invoked was patriotized in the form of the so-called ''Patriot Act,'' which soon followed and was consequently received and celebrated as the best thing since sliced bread. Of course, now we know the true intent of it. It's a heck of a thing.

Anyway. Placing all of that aside, he certainly was gifted with a good singing voice. And was entertaining. RIP. Catch you in the next one...

Last edited:
RIP. I think he might have had bladder cancer. When they got in there to look at the organs I think that's where they found it.

Great , great songs....RIP Toby Keith and thank you for the all the music!

Toby Keith - Who's Your Daddy? (Official Music Video)​

For me, it's going to be sad at the end of the year from now on when it comes time to start playing Christmas music again because some of the best material came from Toby and to me, he didn't get enough credit for it, especially for the Christmas songs that he wrote. Right here is one from his first Christmas album that he wrote that everyone has the ability to relate to in one way or another, but fair warning to y'all. With him being gone now, the song will only be even harder to listen to now.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

That is very sad.

He was a good vocalist.

Many country music fans will feel this pain.
I just saw an op ed from a liberal. Toby Keith was a villain to us liberals. So why did I love him so much? I can totally relate. Miss you and love you Toby. I want to give you shit but what happened to you makes me realize what's really important. It ain't politics. Not when you are sick. But consider it's different to be sick and poor. That's even worse. Did Toby Keith consider than when he supported Republicans? It says he's a registered independent and/or Democrat? That's bullshit. I know that's what celebs usually say because they know saying they are Republican is alienating. That's right. It's their policies Toby.

But, I can see why he was a Republican. He fits the MO of a Republican. So that's his right. Honestly, he should be voting GOP. It's the poor Americans I should be angry at.

Forum List

Back