To See Where Gun Licensing Leads, Look To Great Britain

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
wake up people

[ame=http://youtu.be/TkS2BRoCd2I?t=41s]NRA: To See Where Gun Licensing Leads, Look To Great Britain - YouTube[/ame]

priorities-suck.jpg

may as well brace yourself there Stephanie. it is going to happen. all guns will be confiscated. the constitution will be forever altered.

and if you don't like it...you .... can.... leave...

may as well brace yourself there Stephanie. it is going to happen. all guns will be confiscated. the constitution will be forever altered.

Might as well brace yourself, Kiki. That's not gonna happen.

i know that. i don't wish for it. just mirroring Stephanie's posting style. its my new hobby on usmb. give em what they give...

ain't that right Stephie girl?

Ok, let's do that:

London---Population 8,174,000. 125 murders in 2010.

New York City---Population 8,244,000. 536 murders in 2010.

Wanna go on?

The British shipped off all their criminals to New York in the 18th Century. They've had a lower crime rate ever since. It has nothing to do with the availability of guns.

What? Do you mean to tell me they haven't grown any more criminals in Great Britain now for more than 200 years? Wow! Who woulda thunk THAT! :roll eyes:

Here's the bad news for you. The murder rate in GB during the middle of the 19th century was about 1.7 per 100,000 people. They'd started gun control measures some years before that, but the first gun licensing law was passed in the early 1870's. After that, and with subsequent laws, the murder rate dropped substantially.

However, about 40 years ago, it began to rise again and today is about where it was before the licensing law. Partly, that can be attributed to a greatly expanded population, but more importantly for our purposes, guns are not the murder weapon of choice. Of the 125 London murders in 2010, less than 1/4 involved the use of firearms.

In any case, comparing Great Britain to us is an apples to oranges comparison. They did not have our frontier experience and their culture is simply different from ours because of it. They've never had a propensity to kill each other individually that we have. (Organized killing, however, is a different matter.)

i know that. i don't wish for it. just mirroring Stephanie's posting style. its my new hobby on usmb. give em what they give...

Oh, ok. I've been tempted to do that myself, but I figure it would just go right over their heads.

Last edited:

Oh, ok. I've been tempted to do that myself, but I figure it would just go right over their heads.

seems this style is the dominate one now, so...to hell with discussion. let's point fingers and bash each other. i bet we'll get more rep! :lol:

Forum List

Back