To My Arab Brothers: The War With Israel Is Over...and they WON!!

dilloduck said:
Israel has NEVER had public opinion in its' favor so that's all business as usual.
Militarily they are gaining territory, decimating the Hizbullys defenses, and haven't even begun to use what they could should things get worse. Israel can withstand any BS the EU or the UN pulls together and all the US has had to do so far is watch. SCREW public opinion. They like the US are never going to win a world popularity contest. Even moderate Arabn states hate the Hizbullys with a passion becausr they are shitting in the Arab nest with this barbaric losing effort.

They are losing at the current time. The EU and OIC are applying pressure to US. We'll see how this goes, but the OIC is clamoring to be one of the international forces major contributors, within UN Bluehelmets.

If Israel loses, the continued existence of it will certainly be in question. It's obvious that many throughout the world, with a sizeable number here, think that would be a good thing.

Kathianne said:
They are losing at the current time. The EU and OIC are applying pressure to US. We'll see how this goes, but the OIC is clamoring to be one of the international forces major contributors, within UN Bluehelmets.

If Israel loses, the continued existence of it will certainly be in question. It's obvious that many throughout the world, with a sizeable number here, think that would be a good thing.

Losing what??? You're crazy !!!

Even if they cannot defeat Hezbollah that doesn't mean their nation is in danger of being invaded and destroyed. It just means it will go back to the status-quo of dealing with terrorist acts every week or so.
Its not going to mean their destruction. I guess thats the price for choosing to make your home surrounded by lunatic muslims.

Kathianne said:

I wouldn't say they're losing, but I don't think they're doing a very good job at trying to win.

Also, I don't think Israel is going to cease existing.

So we're in Iraq to "spread democracy". At this point, I don't think it's possible.

I'm really beginning to wonder what we're doing over there. It's costing billions upon billions of dollars, and for what? What are we gaining? A foothold in the region? Do we need a foothold in the region?

It's just that, like many others, I'm so feed up with listening to news about rag heads fighting, killing, kidnapping, and blowing themselves up, that I'm wishing I'd never hear another thing about an arab, or a mulim, or a shiite, or whatever.

At this point, I'm almost of the opinion that we should pull out of that part of the world, sit back, and just watch the asshole zealots and fanatics kill each other. When and if there's a winner, deal with them.

Cut and run? ... whatever.

Pale Rider said:
So we're in Iraq to "spread democracy". At this point, I don't think it's possible.

I'm really beginning to wonder what we're doing over there. It's costing billions upon billions of dollars, and for what? What are we gaining? A foothold in the region? Do we need a foothold in the region?

It's just that, like many others, I'm so feed up with listening to news about rag heads fighting, killing, kidnapping, and blowing themselves up, that I'm wishing I'd never hear another thing about an arab, or a mulim, or a shiite, or whatever.

At this point, I'm almost of the opinion that we should pull out of that part of the world, sit back, and just watch the asshole zealots and fanatics kill each other. When and if there's a winner, deal with them.

When I can buy an electric car and never worry about oil again, then we'll follow your plan.

Yup, until then, we should invade Iran to destroy its nuclear capabilities, and to occupy its oil fields. Screw the nation building. Just take what we need and destroy their capability to wage war against anyone.

5stringJeff said:
When I can buy an electric car and never worry about oil again, then we'll follow your plan.

Jeff. Their oil is worthless without western markets. Additionally, has the price of oil gone DOWN since we invaded?

5stringJeff said:

Well, it's been contended that it's "not about the oil"... are you saying it is?

If it is, we're going about it all wrong. Why aren't we taking Iraq's oil then? I think we even have the RIGHT to take it. Sounds like a good way for Iraq to "pay us back".

Pale Rider said:
Well, it's been contended that it's "not about the oil"... are you saying it is?

If it is, we're going about it all wrong. Why aren't we taking Iraq's oil then? I think we even have the RIGHT to take it. Sounds like a good way for Iraq to "pay us back".

The US chose to engage in a Civil War while it was a democracy. It appears that Iraq is choosing to have a sectarian war with thiers. Is the whole Arab world destablilized and divided? Pity.

5stringJeff said:
I wouldn't say they're losing, but I don't think they're doing a very good job at trying to win.

Also, I don't think Israel is going to cease existing.

They are putting up one hell of a fight, as they always do. For years they have fought and come out victorious. At work yesterday, my boss said: "Israel sure knows how to deal with this shit".

Do they know how to fight...yes, do they know how to deal with terrorists and arab extremists...absolutely not. Israel's military success is not worth two shits.

That is the lunacy behind the Israeli pattern of wars. The same battles, enemies, and targets repeat themselves...yet the result is always the same, more death.

Israel's wars will kill arabs, but it will also cause the deaths of innocent Israelis. An ideology can not be defeated with bullets. When will Jerusalem catch on?

1549 said:
They are putting up one hell of a fight, as they always do. For years they have fought and come out victorious. At work yesterday, my boss said: "Israel sure knows how to deal with this shit".

Do they know how to fight...yes, do they know how to deal with terrorists and arab extremists...absolutely not. Israel's military success is not worth two shits.

That is the lunacy behind the Israeli pattern of wars. The same battles, enemies, and targets repeat themselves...yet the result is always the same, more death.

Israel's wars will kill arabs, but it will also cause the deaths of innocent Israelis. An ideology can not be defeated with bullets. When will Jerusalem catch on?

Catch on to what--turning the other cheek? You got the wrong religion for one thing.

dilloduck said:
Catch on to what--turning the other cheek? You got the wrong religion for one thing.

I am catholic, but not very devout...this is a simple matter of what is best for the world, and what will bring peace to Israel.

Try to deny Israel's failures. Lebanon is a perfect example. They invaded the country to protect northern territories in 1982, and maintained a buffer until May of 2000. What are they doing right now?

Name the countless efforts they have made to stem out Palestinian terrorist attacks...has the terror ended? Violence is met with violence. Do you train a dog to behave by hitting it? Abused dogs are the ones with behavioral problems. It is mindless to think that bombs are going to end terrorism. Each bomb that goes off gives the enemy more angry combatants.

Example of Success:
Israel and Jordan came to peace through a treaty in 1994. You have three factors helping relations between Jordan/Israel. Official peace, Jordan's ability to police its citizens, actual peace.

The treaty sets an example, and prohibits any 'official' conflict between the states. The ability to police citizens helps makes it difficult for individuals to destroy the peace through acts of terror. Actual peace prevents tensions arising.

The peace between Israel and Jordan lasts to this day.

Failure:
Peace treaties between Israel and Palestine have failed. Why? Palestine's inability to police citizens and Israel's quick trigger. Israel, the United States and the global community should be helping to build a stronger central government in palestine with a better infrastructure, one capable of policing its citizens.

At the same time, Israel has a habit of destroying villages as soon as the peace treaty is violated by a palestinian terrorists. Seperatists and rogues have their own agendas. Israel has to swallow a few blows on the path to peace. Otherwise the vicious cycle continues. Everytime an Israeli bulldozer destroys a village, more young palestinians will turn toward anger, not the process of peace.

1549 said:
I am catholic, but not very devout...this is a simple matter of what is best for the world, and what will bring peace to Israel.

Try to deny Israel's failures. Lebanon is a perfect example. They invaded the country to protect northern territories in 1982, and maintained a buffer until May of 2000. What are they doing right now?

Name the countless efforts they have made to stem out Palestinian terrorist attacks...has the terror ended? Violence is met with violence. Do you train a dog to behave by hitting it? Abused dogs are the ones with behavioral problems. It is mindless to think that bombs are going to end terrorism. Each bomb that goes off gives the enemy more angry combatants.

Example of Success:
Israel and Jordan came to peace through a treaty in 1994. You have three factors helping relations between Jordan/Israel. Official peace, Jordan's ability to police its citizens, actual peace.

The treaty sets an example, and prohibits any 'official' conflict between the states. The ability to police citizens helps makes it difficult for individuals to destroy the peace through acts of terror. Actual peace prevents tensions arising.

Failure:
Peace treaties between Israel and Palestine have failed. Why? Palestine's inability to police citizens and Israel's quick trigger. Israel, the United States and the global community should be helping to build a stronger central government in palestine with a better infrastructure, one capable of policing its citizens.

At the same time, Israel has a habit of destroying villages as soon as the peace treaty is violated by a palestinian terrorists. Seperatists and rogues have their own agendas. Israel has to swallow a few blows on the path to peace. Otherwise the vicious cycle continues. Everytime an Israeli bulldozer destroys a village, more young palestinians will turn toward anger, not the process of peace.

The US and "global community" HAS tried to help Palestinians---Hamas always manages to fuck it up.

dilloduck said:
The US and "global community" HAS tried to help Palestinians---Hamas always manages to fuck it up.

If we are on the same page, you are referring to the Hamas bombings that seem to always interfere with attempted treaties.

So you believe that Israel's decision to follow these bombings by invading villages is the proper course of action?

Yet, suicide bombings and terrorist attacks continue after the villages are destroyed. I could understand if this turn of events happened once or twice, but we have seen it more than a few times.

So what exactly makes sesne about Israel's strategy? Is there a strategy? Perhaps they have given up and believe they can kill all the arabs before the arabs kill all the Israeli's.

Whatever the thought process is, Israeli's are dying...and the same old shit that didn't work yesterday is not going to work today.

Pale Rider said:

I agree about the democracy deal. I said from the beginning that democracy is something that evolves. As far as the US taking it from the Revolution, we were lucky with the Western Civ, particularly the British rule of law that had evolved up to that time. We're not even mentioning the nearly 200 years of self-rule the colonies had been quite free to excercise. The 'framers' had a lot of history and experience to fall back on.

I think we need to stay in Iraq, mostly to keep our word. As for getting involved further in ME, ala Lebanon, no, cut and run. We are not going to save Israel, unless we want to fight Iran. I don't think we can.

1549 said:

Example of Success:

Failure:

You are as wrong as any that think Israel is winning. There will be no peace. There may not be an Israel, there still will not be a peace. Here or there.

dilloduck said:
Then tell me what Israel is losing.
The right to exist. We never promised to become involved in fighting, we won't. Those that think we will are wrong.

Forum List

Back