"to insure that all families have access to fresh affordable food in their communitie

Oh, so now only people with a certain skill set should be allowed to have children? Is this really what you want this country to become?

skill set? no
personal responsibility and ability to effectively raise children? yes

And no, fresh produce is not necessarily less expensive. Have you SEEN the prices of produce lately??? Think about how much produce you would need to feed a family of 5 vs a box of hamburger helper + biohazard ground beef. Not to mention, the farming practices in this country grow produce with much lower nutritional value so that it can be stored and moved and it is doused with pesticides and chemical fertilizers. So in the end, even it has diminished nutritional value.

you can work around the pesticides by buying products with thick & hard outer shells vs vegetables/fruit that you eat directly through the skin (apples for example). you can also buy fresh hamburger meat and chicken besides the breast (a big pack of chicken legs is enough meat for days of dinners and cheaper than what you mention) without having to resort to boxed and processed crap

She says at about 30 Minutes in that the Health Care Legislation (ObamaCare) will Require that Businesses allow for Mothers who return to Work to Breast Feed...

So are Babies coming to a Workplace near you?...

What in the HELL is in this Legislation?

:)

peace...

I would hope so, breast feeding is one of the most important things a mother can do for their child and it should be criminal for them not to

And they shouldn't Work while they are Breast Feeding... Otherwise they will have to take the Child to Work with them... Is that was you are Suggesting?... As a Matter of Law?

:)

peace...

Leave it to the right to spew hate on the first lady for wanting kids to have access to healthy food.

You people have no shame

you can also buy fresh hamburger meat and chicken besides the breast

I would NEVER buy grocery store chicken or beef. They are biohazards. Did you know that the meat lobby is so influential that they are not even required to tell customers which stores they ship their meat + irradiated shit to if they find lysteria or e.coli?

you can also buy fresh hamburger meat and chicken besides the breast

I would NEVER buy grocery store chicken or beef. They are biohazards. Did you know that the meat lobby is so influential that they are not even required to tell customers which stores they ship their meat + irradiated shit to if they find lysteria or e.coli?

No... they are not biohazards.. that is the talk of a true wingnut

I would hope so, breast feeding is one of the most important things a mother can do for their child and it should be criminal for them not to

So if a mother chooses to use formula instead of breastfeeding, it should be a criminal act?? Is this what you are saying?

If not... I do not recall any law that criminalizes the act of breastfeeding.. if you think there is, please cite the law

yea i didn't mean legally criminal..... but using formula instead of breast feeding, esp in the first six months is terrible and very bad for the babies lifelong health

Yeah... fuck all those adopted babies.. women who cannot breastfeed... babies that are allergic.... women who don't produce enough.. etc... :rolleyes:

Formula is not terrible, nor is it bad for their lifelong health

And just WHY should the first lady have any SAY or INFLUENCE on ANYTHING?

Did we ELECT this woman? Did we ELECT a first COUPLE or a president ?

I am sick of this automatic right first ladies think they have to more or less make laws.

Leave it to the right to spew hate on the first lady for wanting kids to have access to healthy food.

You people have no shame

I just love it when you post, Ms. Truthie, since you always leave your side open to a knock-out punch!

Shame?

Where is the shame of the equality-crowd in demanding the funds of other people to pay for your wishes and whims?

This quote may help answer the query:

Sociologist Helmut Schoeck’s observation: “Since the end of the Second World War, however, a new ‘ethic’ has come into being, according to which the envious man is perfectly acceptable. Progressively fewer individuals and groups are ashamed of their envy, but instead make out that its existence in their temperaments axiomatically proves the existence of ‘social injustice,’ which must be eliminated for their benefit.” Helmut Schoeck, “Envy: A Theory of Social Behavior,” p. 179

And, of course, envy, like blackmail, is never satiated...

The unspoken assumption is that there is something morally wrong with inequalities. Where is the explanation of what would be a ‘fair share’ for the wealthy to give up? Irving Kristol, as editor of ‘Public Interest,’ wrote to professors who had written about the unfairness of income distribution, asking them to write an article as to what a ‘fair distribution’ would be; he has never gotten that article. Irving Kristol, “Neoconservative: the Autobiography of an Idea,” p. 166

How about it, Ms. Truthie, how much would be a fair share?

So if a mother chooses to use formula instead of breastfeeding, it should be a criminal act?? Is this what you are saying?

If not... I do not recall any law that criminalizes the act of breastfeeding.. if you think there is, please cite the law

yea i didn't mean legally criminal..... but using formula instead of breast feeding, esp in the first six months is terrible and very bad for the babies lifelong health

Yeah... fuck all those adopted babies.. women who cannot breastfeed... babies that are allergic.... women who don't produce enough.. etc... :rolleyes:

Formula is not terrible, nor is it bad for their lifelong health

effects of not breast feeding - Google Search

why don't you read and become educated on the subject

Forum List

Back