To Democrats - who is at fault?

Feb 15, 2004
Is it Kerry? Edwards?
Edwards did not take his own state which is a bit embaressing I would think.
His wife? She has said a few unkind words here and there -
But think of this - she is surrounded by foreign officials and she doesn't like Tony's tie - and since she likes to speak her mind ----

I am just wondering who the dems will blame. I think Kerry did the best he could - but he could have choosen a much better running mate...

I think he should have kept his hagged wife busy with some useless project just to stop her from saying things like 'let them go naked' - refering to homeless children in the carib.

Was there an issue with Kerry that wasn't quite clear in your own minds?

Terry McAuliffe.

If I were him, I'd be updating my resume. He lost in 2000, lost seats in Congress in 2002, and lost more seats in congress yesterday, to include his Senate Majority Leader. He also insisted on a quick primary in which a guy with one good month ended up winning the nomination because he was "electable." That guy also happened to be more liberal than Ted Kennedy and more lifeless than Al Gore, and is now the Loser from Massachusetts.

Terry gets the blame, and hopefully will get the boot.

Actually, what am I saying? I hope he sticks around for at least four more years! :D

The Democrats basically put a Dole up against a Clinton: a long-serving senator with a war record who basically bored the tar out of everyone because he had no fire in the belly and was running because, hey, he's a long-serving senator with a war record. I wonder what would have happened in the Democrats had gone for Dean. That guy actually sounded like he wanted to be president.

gop_jeff said:
Terry McAuliffe.

If I were him, I'd be updating my resume. He lost in 2000, lost seats in Congress in 2002, and lost more seats in congress yesterday, to include his Senate Majority Leader. He also insisted on a quick primary in which a guy with one good month ended up winning the nomination because he was "electable." That guy also happened to be more liberal than Ted Kennedy and more lifeless than Al Gore, and is now the Loser from Massachusetts.

Terry gets the blame, and hopefully will get the boot.

Actually, what am I saying? I hope he sticks around for at least four more years! :D

I agree. Terry is gone; I guarantee it!

Hillary was nice enough to take out Dean for Kerry. No blame to put anywhere because it came out just the way she wanted it. How much did SHE get out and campaign for Kerry?

dilloduck said:
Hillary was nice enough to take out Dean for Kerry. No blame to put anywhere because it came out just the way she wanted it. How much did SHE get out and campaign for Kerry?

True. Last night I was surprised that Begala and Carville called it VERY early for Bush and then disappeared. Carville actually said, we need another Clinton. I wonder which one he was referring to.....

I also noted Terry's absence from the talk shows last night. The entire Clinton team abandoned Kerry quite early.

freeandfun1 said:
True. Last night I was surprised that Begala and Carville called it VERY early for Bush and then disappeared. Carville actually said, we need another Clinton. I wonder which one he was referring to.....

I also noted Terry's absence from the talk shows last night. The entire Clinton team abandoned Kerry quite early.

After reading that and watching Kerry's concession speach I feel sorry for the man. I think he honestly wants to help, but his ideas are horrible. He was just a tool of the Clintonistas. They came looking like they wanted to help, steered him into the ground and got the hell outta dodge just before the wreck. I am fairly confident of Hillary '08.

And Jesus there are 2 people I would LOVE to hear from:

Terry McAuliffe, the smug bastard from the debates. What's he doin now?
Micheal Moore. Fahrenheit 9/11 did jack shit. I actually saw a survey that the movie caused more people to change their votes from Kerry to Bush than from Bush to Kerry.

McCauliffe will be around for a while. He was put in place by the Clintons and they'll want him there for Hitlery's run in 08. (That's my gut feel anyhow.)

Flying Duck said:
McCauliffe will be around for a while. He was put in place by the Clintons and they'll want him there for Hitlery's run in 08. (That's my gut feel anyhow.)

I am going to give them (the Clintons) too much credit here, but here is my take.

If you will notice, Gore did NOT run on the economy in 2000 which would have gotten him elected, hands down because most Americans do NOT understand how the economy works. They put Terry in place just in time to run Gore's campaign and my bet is that they did that for a few reasons.

1. Terry has a LOT of dirt on the Clintons (Global X-ing, Hatai, etc.) and he probably was given the job to shut him up.

2. They knew the economy was going to tank, so they WANTED a GOP president to be in office so that the Dems would not take the blame (again, that is why Gore didn't run on the economy in 2000).

3. They also knew that Hillary had to get Senate time to be able to run for president.

4. They also know that the economic cycles tend to run in about 8 - 10 year turns.

They let Terry stay in place to keep him shut up, they put up pitiful fights in 2000 and 2004 cuz they want Hillary to be ready in `08 so that she could take over and, like Bill, take advantage of a good GOP economy.

I am willing to bet Terry will be replaced by either Carville or Begala before Hillary's run in 2008.

Where they made their mistake was in not realizing that Bush's policies would kick the economy into gear faster than expected.

Here is what we MUST guard against in 2008. If the economy is cranking along as well as I think it will be by then, we need to make sure we keep the Presidency. Otherwise, Hillary will win, take credit for Bush's economy and have two terms in office.

You think I have been smoking too much weed?

about Terry...

did anyone see his interview last night? I guess it was under assumtion at the time (before polls closed in ohio) that Kerry took that state by a landslide...anyway, he said this about folks who were standing in line for hours in the rain to vote....

People dont stand in line in the rain for hours to vote for an incumbant.

Did anyone hear him say that? I kept thinking - who the hell is he to determine who people are voting for? Guess he is eating crow big time now.

i think they ALL are at fault.

they are slowly imploding...or self-destructing if you will, and it is SO funny. It's like messing with a drunk/passed out person. Cheap, sometimes cruel, entertainment.

I like what my favorite morning show said this morning. They were talking about the turnout of young voters, particularly males. Brian Zepp of the KQ92 morning show said "Well, ya know...REAL MEN like Bush"...of course there's the double message in that statement... ;)

freeandfun1 said:

True and Carville also said the Democrats need to figure out who they are as a party..........Rather insightful moment of clarity for him.

It is interesting they keep harkening back to Clinton

Bonnie said:
True and Carville also said the Democrats need to figure out who they are as a party..........Rather insightful moment of clarity for him.

It is interesting they keep harkening back to Clinton

think about it... Clinton is the only Dem that has done worth a hoot in how long? Carter was a loss, as was LBJ. And I don't count Kennedy as the libs have made him a "god" because nobody will debate his failings out of respect for the murdered.

Frankly, FDR was the last "decent" Dem. They can't point to Truman, cuz then all we have to say is, "the US is the only country to use a nuke and a Dem is the only party to ever authorize it".

So frankly, they haven't had a "decent" candidate in over 60 years.

freeandfun1 said:
think about it... Clinton is the only Dem that has done worth a hoot in how long? Carter was a loss, as was LBJ. And I don't count Kennedy as the libs have made him a "god" because nobody will debate his failings out of respect for the murdered.

Frankly, FDR was the last "decent" Dem. They can't point to Truman, cuz then all we have to say is, "the US is the only country to use a nuke and a Dem is the only party to ever authorize it".

So frankly, they haven't had a "decent" candidate in over 60 years.

And I would suggest the reason for that had a lot to do with the fact that he governed as a moderate, like the chameleon.

freeandfun1 said:
think about it... Clinton is the only Dem that has done worth a hoot in how long?

Clinton did not win with a majority of the vote(Perot helped him alot), during his presidency the dems lost the Senate and the House and the majority of the Governships. Now the South as all but reversed from Blue to Red in the last 20 years. I say keep McAuliffe in his position as long as possible its working great for us. If the Clintons want to set Hillary up for 2008 it will be at the cost of huge losses in many other areas, and put them in a position of weakness.

MtnBiker said:
Clinton did not win with a majority of the vote(Perot helped him alot), during his presidency the dems lost the Senate and the House and the majority of the Governships. Now the South as all but reversed from Blue to Red in the last 20 years. I say keep McAuliffe in his position as long as possible its working great for us. If the Clintons want to set Hillary up for 2008 it will be at the cost of huge losses in many other areas, and put them in a position of weakness.

Who do you see Republicans putting to run against her?

I'd actually like to see Guiliani but I think he's set his sights n the Governorship, or Senate in NY.
Also I like John Kasich, he's sharp and charismatic.

Bonnie said:
And I would suggest the reason for that had a lot to do with the fact that he governed as a moderate, like the chameleon.

I agree. And MTN, I understand your point. I just meant that Clinton was the only dem to, at least, get re-elected since who? FDR?

That is what I meant by Clinton is the only dem that has done worth a hoot.

You are right about Perot, the house, etc. The ONLY reason Clinton was re-elected in 96 was that we had a lackluster candidate in Dole and because things were going okay (people still remembered the 70's and 80's so the 90's seemed like the roaring 20's) and nobody wanted to risk a change. Plus, we had the house and so most people figured Clinton wasn't really doing all that much anyway. And again, as Bonny pointed out, Clinton was the PERFECT chameleon.

freeandfun1 said:
And MTN, I understand your point. I just meant that Clinton was the only dem to, at least, get re-elected since who? FDR?

Absolutely right, I knew what you meant, just pointing out the losses with their better canidate.

Forum List

Back