To all my fellow supporters of the 2nd Amendment:

I do believe the ultimate aim of the left is to completely ban all firearms. An assault weapons ban is just the beginning, and I believe whatever AWB they hatch in Congress will be far more restrictive than the 1994 version.

We discern the true goal by their rhetoric. They cite statistics of gun violence, comparing our gun violence to countries that ban all guns. If they only wanted to ban assault weapons, comparing gun homicide rates involving all guns would not make sense.

It only makes sense if your ultimate aim is to ban all guns.

And when they harp on about, "What state militia do you belong to?" That again is a question only someone who wants to ban all guns would ask.

Just the way they talk about all guns in general tips their hand. They want to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

You are wrong.

No, he's 100% correct.

I support the second amendment and the right to bear arms.

However, I'm also aware that no right is an unlimited right, and just as it cannot be legal for someone to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater, it should not be legal for people to have no limits whatsoever on the type of arms that they can own.

The NRA does not support the second amendment - they solely represent the interests of gun manufacturers.

And you can prove this?

The best way to protect all our rights under the US Constitution is by voting and electing those who are most likely to fight, defend and honor our rights. I support the NRA but they too are just another lobby group albeit one I am glad exists.

I do believe the ultimate aim of the left is to completely ban all firearms. An assault weapons ban is just the beginning, and I believe whatever AWB they hatch in Congress will be far more restrictive than the 1994 version.

We discern the true goal by their rhetoric. They cite statistics of gun violence, comparing our gun violence to countries that ban all guns. If they only wanted to ban assault weapons, comparing gun homicide rates involving all guns would not make sense.

And when they harp on about, "What state militia do you belong to?" That again is a question only someone who wants to ban all guns would ask.

Just the way they talk about all guns in general tips their hand. They want to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

The far left wants to ban ALL guns? Maybe. But they are far from getting the support they'd need to do it. They can get some moderates to go along with some common sense limits and requirements, but a ban of all firearms? Nope - they're not even close to that.

The far right wants everyone to be a Christian. Should non-Christians be concerned?

You are wrong.

These are the very arguments deployed when talking about guns. The statistics used to support their arguments always connect to total gun bans in one way or another.

Are there people who hold opinions in between absolute freedom and a second amendment repeal? Of course.

But the theme that consistently pops up from the left in the debate is one which strongly suggests this gun control movement is being directed by a total gun ban prime mover.

Loading the .300 Whisper
Prolific wildcatter J.D. Jones' criteria for the .300 Whisper cartridge were demanding to say the least. He sought a multi-purpose cartridge capable of superb accuracy at 200 yards with heavy-for-caliber and ballistically advanced bullets at subsonic velocities-below 1,128 f.p.s. at sea level and 70 degrees-that also provided acceptable accuracy with lighter projectiles at moderate speeds.

It needed to be readily adaptable to the AR-15/M16 platforms, single-shot and bolt-actions rifles, as well as the Thompson/Center Contender. And it had to be easily suppressed.

From Jones' concept was born the .300 Whisper, a cartridge that has users as diverse as the bullets and tasks it will handle. Since its inception, the .300 Whisper has been effectively used for hunting, target and silhouette shooting, animal damage control and law enforcement, as well as more clandestine operations most of us will never hear about.

Knowing military and law enforcement professionals' affinity for .30-cal. bullets and that ballistically superior projectiles better maintain velocity for increased downrange energy, flatter trajectory and less wind deflection, Jones designed the new cartridge around Sierra's then-available 250-gr. MatchKing, the most advanced long-range bullet of the time.

I support the second amendment and the right to bear arms.

However, I'm also aware that no right is an unlimited right, and just as it cannot be legal for someone to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater, it should not be legal for people to have no limits whatsoever on the type of arms that they can own.

The NRA does not support the second amendment - they solely represent the interests of gun manufacturers.

You aren't very original are ewe?

There are some in this country who would support a full gun ban.

Freedoms and rights are being chipped away at in small increments? You bet.

The best way to protect all our rights under the US Constitution is by voting and electing those who are most likely to fight, defend and honor our rights. I support the NRA but they too are just another lobby group albeit one I am glad exists.

But the politicians turn with the popular winds, the only thing keeping them anchored down on the 2nd Amendment is the NRA.

NRA supports gun safety like the cigarette industry supports research linking smoking to lung cancer.

There are some in this country who would support a full gun ban.

Freedoms and rights are being chipped away at in small increments? You bet.

Death by 1000 paper cuts, you betcha.

Another leftie who can't read. This is why obama can fool so many I guess.

opps, sorry. You mean I wasn't suppose to blow the lid off the gravy train??????????????

See? Complete inability to comprehend the written word. And this guy can vote too! No wonder this country is fucked.

yeah yeah ... tell us the one about the real meaning of the 2nd amendment again.
About how it was designed to protect the right of the citizenry to revolt against government.....

c'mon ... PLEASE. I hate to go to sleep without a fairy tale.

and be sure to include the address where I can send my check .............

Last edited:
The NRA. I will speak about all such political associations.

Political associations are one of the greatest defenders of our freedoms. We might feel our single vote makes us impotent, but the ability to have our voice amplified by a political association is absolutely essential to the continued existence of our republic.

Does the particular lobby group in question harmonize completely with all of your views? Probably not. That's the nature of any organization made up of several human beings.

But if it resonates with much of your own philosophy, then by all means donate and add your voice to the debate at a critical juncture. It does not get more American and more empowering than that.

Last edited:
The best thing we can do is join or contribute money to the NRA.

I know that some of us don't like LaPierre, but don't let that stop you. you can disagree with him, you can think him a fool but the fact is that the NRA is the most powerful thing we have to defend our 2nd Amendment rights. The left HATES them and rightly so. The NRA has been bitch-slapping them for years now. That is how it should be. You think Boehner is going to fight for us? The NRA doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected and doesn't have to worry about bad publicity. The politicians cannot be counted on except to take the NRA's money.

The left WANTS to disarm you and not just assault weapons. That's just a step in the right direction to them. We give the left an inch and they will take a mile. The NRA understands this and fights every step. Sometimes you might sctatch your head and wonder why the NRA fights what seems to be sensible regulation. well, it's because they know that it's another brick in the wall.

Death by 1000 paper cuts. Support the 2nd Amendment.

Already a member, already made an extra contribution this month.

The NRA. I will speak about all such political associations.

Political associations are one of the greatest defenders of our freedoms. We might feel our single vote makes us impotent, but the ability to have our voice amplified by a political association is absolutely essential to the continued existence of our republic.

Does the particular lobby group in question harmonize completely with all of your views? Probably not. That's the nature of any organization made up of several millions of human beings.

But if it resonates with much of your own philosophy, then by all means donate and add your voice to the debate at a critical juncture.

Exactly.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to g5000 again."

Meet the NRA Leadership
front-banner-2012-elections.jpg

The best thing we can do is join or contribute money to the NRA.

I know that some of us don't like LaPierre, but don't let that stop you. you can disagree with him, you can think him a fool but the fact is that the NRA is the most powerful thing we have to defend our 2nd Amendment rights. The left HATES them and rightly so. The NRA has been bitch-slapping them for years now. That is how it should be. You think Boehner is going to fight for us? The NRA doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected and doesn't have to worry about bad publicity. The politicians cannot be counted on except to take the NRA's money.

The left WANTS to disarm you and not just assault weapons. That's just a step in the right direction to them. We give the left an inch and they will take a mile. The NRA understands this and fights every step. Sometimes you might sctatch your head and wonder why the NRA fights what seems to be sensible regulation. well, it's because they know that it's another brick in the wall.

Death by 1000 paper cuts. Support the 2nd Amendment.

Already a member, already made an extra contribution this month.

The NRA fear-mongering money grab - thanks to you, it's working.

Forum List

Back