TN Tea party members issue demands to Tennessee legislators

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Tea parties issue demands to Tennessee legislators The Commercial Appeal

NASHVILLE — Members of Tennessee tea parties presented state legislators with five priorities for action Wednesday, including “rejecting” the federal health reform act, establishing an elected “chief litigator” for the state and “educating students the truth about America.”

About two dozen tea party activists held a news conference, then met with lawmakers individually to present their list of priorities and “demands” for the 2011 legislative session that opened Tuesday.

The material calls for lawmakers to amend state laws governing school curriculums, and for textbook selection criteria to say that “No portrayal of minority experience in the history which actually occurred shall obscure the experience or contributions of the Founding Fathers, or the majority of citizens, including those who reached positions of leadership.”

Fayette County attorney Hal Rounds, the group’s lead spokesman during the news conference, said the group wants to address “an awful lot of made-up criticism about, for instance, the founders intruding on the Indians or having slaves or being hypocrites in one way or another.

"Minority Experience." What a fancy way to say slavery and destruction of the Native Americans. Though I guess these TN Tea Party members don't want anyone thinking that our Founding Fathers were less than perfect human beings. Reality check: They weren't. This type of behavior I call "founder worship" is not beneficial to this country.

As for the rest of their demands. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who finds it a bit ironic that they want to amend the state constitution so voters can elect the Attorney General while calling for the enforcement of "Constitutional law".

Forum List

Back