TK Customs for S&W

Just installed the TK Customs competition cylinder release on the new S&W 610.
Man does it ever make opening the cylinder a breeze!!!
View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
The original release sitting on the Grip....
View attachment 460797
Looks like a brake pedal. LOL

Does the trick, eh?

It makes reloads Way faster and easier!!
It looks good to me. 10mm, right?

.40 S&W , 10mm. and after having the cylinder reamed 10mm. Magnum.
4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804
Damn! That ought to do the job if you can hold on to it. Looks heavy. Is it?

Yeah it's pretty heavy being the N-frame.
Same as they use for the .44 Magnum if it wasnt I sure wouldnt trust it after getting it reamed for the 10mm Magnum which makes it the equivalent of the .41 Magnum.

...oh,it's a foot long overall.
Wow. Too much hand gun for me. Good first shot shooter, but I think recovery and realign for possible 2nd shot would take me too long. Other than being very cool (especially for somebody that can handle it) only good use I can see would be camping in backwoods bear country. Like most, probably, I started with a .22 (High Standard Dbl 9), military had me with .45 1911 for 20 years and now mostly shoot PPQ 9mm unless trying out friends or relatives handguns. No plans to even go back to heavier hand gun. Have fun dude.:)

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

Same as they use for the .44 Magnum if it wasnt I sure wouldnt trust it after getting it reamed for the 10mm Magnum which makes it the equivalent of the .41 Magnum.

Wow. Too much hand gun for me. Good first shot shooter, but I think recovery and realign for possible 2nd shot would take me too long. Other than being very cool (especially for somebody that can handle it) only good use I can see would be camping in backwoods bear country. Like most, probably, I started with a .22 (High Standard Dbl 9), military had me with .45 1911 for 20 years and now mostly shoot PPQ 9mm unless trying out friends or relatives handguns. No plans to even go back to heavier hand gun. Have fun dude.:)

I bought it to maybe do a little deer or hog hunting but mainly as a fun gun.
You dont have to shoot 10mm. Magnum out of it,you can shoot .40 S&W as well as 10mm.
Recoil is almost non existent shooting .40 S&W and the 10mm. is about the same as a .357 which is easily handled.
I'll save the Magnum rounds for hunting and when it's sitting at home as a backup home defense gun.

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

You dont have to shoot 10mm. Magnum out of it,you can shoot .40 S&W as well as 10mm.
Recoil is almost non existent shooting .40 S&W and the 10mm. is about the same as a .357 which is easily handled.
I'll save the Magnum rounds for hunting and when it's sitting at home as a backup home defense gun.
Is low recoil due the weight balance of what is going down range, firing .40 S&W vs weight of weapon?
I tend to think of hand guns as carry weapons. That is why the PPQ M2 full size is about as big as really like and lighter, more comfortable carry than the 1911 I got used to.

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

Is low recoil due the weight balance of what is going down range, firing .40 S&W vs weight of weapon?
I tend to think of hand guns as carry weapons. That is why the PPQ M2 full size is about as big as really like and lighter, more comfortable carry than the 1911 I got used to.

The weight of the gun reduces recoil as does the power of the round you're shooting,the weight of the projectile also plays a large part.
Shooting .40 S&W is similar to shooting a 9mm. but with a slight bit more kick,in the heavy S&W 610 the .40 will have very little recoil.

From left to right you have 10mm. Magnum , 10mm. and .40 S&W.
Obviously the .40 S&W is going to kick far less than either of the other rounds.

EC541CC6-2D12-4510-9D6C-FEEE9FB83A80.jpeg

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

The weight of the gun reduces recoil as does the power of the round you're shooting,the weight of the projectile also plays a large part.
Shooting .40 S&W is similar to shooting a 9mm. but with a slight bit more kick,in the heavy S&W 610 the .40 will have very little recoil.

Obviously the .40 S&W is going to kick far less than either of the other rounds.

View attachment 461277
Thks. Something shooters kind of know intrinsically, but if not shooting it yourself, better to hear from somebody who actually has and further along in the hobby, than some yokel that just bought new toy if you know what I mean. Brother N law has a .40 and likes it, but like me is a 9mm carrier. He has similar military background, brought up on .45 but still in when they changed to 9mm.

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

View attachment 461277
Thks. Something shooters kind of know intrinsically, but if not shooting it yourself, better to hear from somebody who actually has and further along in the hobby, than some yokel that just bought new toy if you know what I mean. Brother N law has a .40 and likes it, but like me is a 9mm carrier. He has similar military background, brought up on .45 but still in when they changed to 9mm.

I like my FNX .45 Tactical the most for home defense.
Ya just cant beat 16 rounds of .45
Hell,I dont have a 9mm...yet. Once ammo gets back to normal I plan on picking one up.
52DE9796-4C30-4BC3-B1CF-01D3E0457F93_1_201_a.jpeg

The one on the left obviously.

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

View attachment 461277

Hell,I dont have a 9mm...yet. Once ammo gets back to normal I plan on picking one up.View attachment 461548
That one I really like. Very utilitarian.

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

View attachment 461277

Hell,I dont have a 9mm...yet. Once ammo gets back to normal I plan on picking one up.View attachment 461548

Very nice. Like the threads too :) Got the wife a 9mm LCP, muddy girl color. Seems to like her 38sp S&W Scandium alot. Put a milk jug out, tell her what letter to hit and she does, double action at that.

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

View attachment 461277

Very nice. Like the threads too :) Got the wife a 9mm LCP, muddy girl color. Seems to like her 38sp S&W Scandium alot. Put a milk jug out, tell her what letter to hit and she does, double action at that.
She sounds like a keeper.

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

View attachment 461277

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

View attachment 461277

Threads?
Are you referring to the threaded barrel or all the fixins?

Gotta love a woman who can shoot!
I wouldnt have one that couldnt or refused to learn.

View attachment 460794
View attachment 460795
View attachment 460797

Does the trick, eh?

4 or 6 inch?

View attachment 460804

View attachment 461277

Just ordered everything I need to do my own trigger job from Midway on the S&W.
After watching many Youtube vids it doesnt appear difficult at all. And the cost of a pro job runs $350 plus...picked up all I need and more for $107 bucks.
That includes a Lyman Trigger pull gauge to check my results along with a new spring kit.

After watching many Youtube vids it doesnt appear difficult at all. And the cost of a pro job runs $350 plus...picked up all I need and more for $107 bucks.
That includes a Lyman Trigger pull gauge to check my results along with a new spring kit.

Be werry werry careful. Easy to screw up, take metal off is one, put it back is impossible.

Be werry werry careful. Easy to screw up, take metal off is one, put it back is impossible.

Dont I know it. When i was machining we'd tell the trainees to go get the metal stretcher if something was cut a bit short.
Using India stones we're talking about removing less than tenths of a thousandths,or just enough to smooth things out.
I cant count the number of parts I polished over the years and held .0001 and having the tools to inspect my work will make it a whole lot easier.
A little Dykem on the surface and polish till it's gone with the medium stone,a little more Dykem and hit it with the fine stone to finish.
And if I do fuck it up I can always buy a new part.

I've known her well over 45 years. We have our spats but over in a minute. First time she met me I had my motorcycle in my room at the barracks. 1973

Mentioned before, you're welcome to visit. Kinda partial to Yuengling Black and tans and bourbon:)
If I am going to be in that area will contact, thanks. Amen on the beer and bourbon.

Dont I know it. When i was machining we'd tell the trainees to go get the metal stretcher if something was cut a bit short.
Using India stones we're talking about removing less than tenths of a thousandths,or just enough to smooth things out.
I cant count the number of parts I polished over the years and held .0001 and having the tools to inspect my work will make it a whole lot easier.
A little Dykem on the surface and polish till it's gone with the medium stone,a little more Dykem and hit it with the fine stone to finish.
And if I do fuck it up I can always buy a new part.

Dykem, yeah!

Forum List

Back