Titan Sub: OceanGate CEO Didn't Want to Hire '50-Year-Old White Guys' Because They're Not 'Inspirational'

20230621_163740_jpg-2859732.JPG

Go woke, go ...

OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush, who went missing aboard his Titan submersible vessel along with four other passengers on Sunday, told an interviewer he didn't want to hire a bunch of "50-year-old white guys" like other submarine companies because he wanted his team to be "inspirational."
WATCH:

[Embed starts at 5:01]
"When I started the business, one of the things you'll find, there are other sub operators out there but they typically have gentleman who are ex-military submariners and you'll see a whole bunch of 50-year-old white guys," Rush told a representative with Teledyne Marine in August 2020.
"I wanted our team to be younger, to be inspirational and I'm not going to inspire a 16-year-old to go pursue marine technology but a 25-year-old you know who's a sub pilot or a platform operator or one of our techs can be inspirational," Rush continued. "So we've really tried to to get very intelligent, motivated, younger individuals involved because we're doing things that are completely new."
"We're taking approaches that are used largely in the aerospace industry, is related to safety and some of the the preponderance of checklists things we do for risk assessments and things like that, that are more aviation related than ocean related and we can train people to do that. We can train someone to pilot the sub, we use a game controller so anybody can drive the sub."

Sad. Another passel of lives lost in tribute to the left's false gods.

Experience, wisdom and safety insights -- especially with diving 12.5K feet below sea level in a motorcraft classified as a submersible with little to no safety or backup equipment / communications.
Does that mean an 80 yr white guy can give you even more experience or it doesn't work that way?

Sad. Another passel of lives lost in tribute to the left's false gods.
When the Challenger exploded - did you know that nobody took it as an opportunity to score political points?

Nobody was claiming it happened due to "too many white 50 yr old white guys" or "not enough 50 yr old white guys"

Looks like you kids really grew up to be a bunch of fragile minded hateful morons

When the Challenger exploded - did you know that nobody took it as an opportunity to score political points?

Nobody was claiming it happened due to "too many white 50 yr old white guys" or "not enough 50 yr old white guys"

Looks like you kids really grew up to be a bunch of fragile minded hateful morons

Why don't you ask the now deceased CEO, who was the one that made the comment in the first place?

Why don't you ask the now deceased CEO, who was the one that made the comment in the first place?
I am pretty sure the deceased CEO was not scoring political points over the shuttle explosion because he was in junior high...

But we know today, you are scoring political points over the passing of people who died in a tragic accident...stay classy

That's because the head of NASA didn't go on YouTube to virtue signal to the world that he won't hire "50 year old white guys".

See the difference?

I am pretty sure the deceased CEO was not scoring political points over the shuttle explosion because he was in junior high...

But we know today, you are scoring political points over the passing of people who died in a tragic accident...stay classy

I didn't claim the deceased CEO said anything about something that happened decades ago, you're the only one talking about that.

The now deceased CEO was the one trying to claim political points and the one that made the comment about 50 year old white guys, ironically being one himself. I'm pointing out that he was the one that made that comment, are you incapable of understanding that?

As the CEO sits there panting for air, bet he wishes he had hired a few more experienced engineers. But hey his record on, d-i-v-e-r-s-i-t-y is spot on!!

Based on reports I don't think there was much panting

If they are competent, experienced in the focus area, don't trip often and have the ability to clearly articulate thought .. then yes.
What if they are so well-versed at putting together a staff and appointing competent people that they can make Republicans both call him a senile old dumbo and a criminal mastermind with control over all things -- at the same time?

Forum List

Back