Tiny scrawny rotisserie Chickens

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
8b998g.gif

I have noticed theirs are smaller than Sam's Club chickens, but then again, Sam's sells theirs at a loss (as does Costco, etc) because they lure people into the doors on a regular basis. There is often a line when the new birds are coming out out our Sam's

I have noticed theirs are smaller than Sam's Club chickens, but then again, Sam's sells theirs at a loss (as does Costco, etc) because they lure people into the doors on a regular basis. There is often a line when the new birds are coming out out our Sam's
Just get a rotisserie oven thingy, or better yet, fry them. But marinade them in the fridge overnight first.

Have you been to a KFC recently?

Judging from the size of the pieces, I think they might be using pigeons.

The smell of fresh cooked chiken drives their cravings, but those refrigerator ones are starting to have extremely strange strong odors, maybe because their half exposed to let steam out and never properly sealed after they cool down. I can't believe the FDA allows that.
8aroxi.jpg

Smaller chickens are used to sell cooked. Because cooked chickens are sold by the piece instead of by weight like raw chickens.

4&up wogs come 20 to the case....2&up come 40 to the case. (Roughly 80 lbs case)
And grocery store food is usually "keystone" for price. Meaning if it costs $2 it will be sold for $4/each or more. And that usually covers labor and packaging. Grocery stores do not make much in the way of profits.

Big box grocery stores are a real estate game because the retail stores property surrounding the big box store are also owned by a real estate firm that also has controlling interest in the big box store chain.

Just get a rotisserie oven thingy, or better yet, fry them. But marinade them in the fridge overnight first.

Why? If I can buy an already cooked chicken for less than raw whole chicken, that would make no sense. Well that and I have banned any new countertop anything coming into this house. We are running out of room in the storage closet for all the latest and greatest kitchen miracle gadgets we never use. The last to go there was an air fryer which did little more than take just as long and smoke up the entire kitchen.

Forum List

Back