Time to Turn Back the Electoral College...

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
To the days when the top vote getter is President and the person with the second most votes no matter their party gets to be the Vice President. The Congress only changed this back in the day so that Aaron Burr wouldn't get elected.

To the days when the top vote getter is President and the person with the second most votes no matter their party gets to be the Vice President. The Congress only changed this back in the day so that Aaron Burr wouldn't get elected.

Back then there was no popular vote at all. The states chose the electors.

They chose the electoral system specifically to prevent corruption in a few states from affecting the whole system.

Naturally you regressives want to undo that.

One of the strangest ideas I’ve ever heard. Fuck me

Abolishing the EC means the President will be decided by California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas. That’s not happening. I thought you people were for the little guy?

SalveTestimonial.jpg

I have a better idea. Lets go back to when the State legislators selected the two Senators to serve 6-year terms.

Abolishing the EC means the President will be decided by California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas. That’s not happening. I thought you people were for the little guy?

Reeding iz harde.

OP said nothing about "abolishing the EC".

I never said getting rid of the electoral college. I simply said that the one who wins is President and the next highest is the VP.

Back then there was no popular vote at all. The states chose the electors.

They chose the electoral system specifically to prevent corruption in a few states from affecting the whole system.

Naturally you regressives want to undo that.

First off I'm as much a progressive as you are.

Secondly I never said to get rid of the electoral college, simply to go back to where the winner is President and the next highest is VP.

I would rather go back to only land owners voting, personally. Except any race or gender can vote.
Fuck a democracy.

Reeding iz harde.

I read it. I stated the objective by you people.

Reeding iz harde.

I read it. I stated the objective by you people.

Looks like you stated your own strawman because you can't handle the topic. :gay:

Who in the fuck is "you people"?

Forum List

Back