Time to stop crony capitalism

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
I expect that the left will just bash Bush because crony capitalism has gone on for decades. Fact is that it's time to end it and that means sending a message to the current occupant in the White House and congress. Obama has been kinder to the wealthy than he has to middle class.

That belief is predicated on the notion that America has a thriving, competitive and free enterprise economy in which the best ideas and hardest workers win the day, while those who are less successful always have a fair chance to try again.

The free enterprise system is not perfect, but it is fair. Unfortunately today, Americans increasingly believe our system is rigged. And in President Obama’s America, they have good reason.

From the stimulus to cash-for-clunkers, from the bailouts to cap-and-trade, from Dodd-Frank to Obamacare, every name-brand initiative of the president’s term has distorted public policy to privilege well-connected insiders and elites at the expense of taxpayers and consumers.

The Export-Import Bank is another taxpayer-funded example of distorted public policy that further erodes Americans’ confidence in our markets and our system.

In short, Ex-Im Bank exists to dole out taxpayer-backed loan guarantees to help American exporters. Most of the benefits go to large corporations that are perfectly capable of securing private financing anywhere in the world. That is to say, Congress allows Ex-Im Bank to risk taxpayer money unnecessarily to subsidize well-connected private companies.

How Conservatives Can Fight Obama's Crony Economy
How Conservatives Can Fight Obama's Crony Economy

Everything that the Heritage Foundation wants will only benefit the wealthy at the expense of the poor and working class. Real people know this.

Most articles by so-called reporters are nothing but opinion. I find this one valid because it points out some stupid things our government is actually doing (and you can look it up) that are hurting the average person.

Everything that the Heritage Foundation wants will only benefit the wealthy at the expense of the poor and working class. Real people know this.

Crony capitalism and handing wealthy companies tax payer backed loans is what will help the rich and hurt everyone else. That needs to stop. Are you arguing that it is okay?

Actually it would be better if we all agreed this has to stop and force the government into compliance instead of whining where the idea came from.

We are so damn deep into crony capitalism it's pathetic. We subsidize everything from our food to our energy. It's time to let this go.

Shut it all down. We would all be much better off.

Good. Stop crony capitalism. It's gone on for centuries but now a black man is in power. It's time to end this once and for all!

How is stopping the flow of government funds to the corps hurting the poor? How can the wealthy remain wealthy if their product sucks so bad they will go out of business and someone else will step in to provide that service?

The Heritage Foundation doesn't give a shit about you or any other poor people. What they want to stop are CERTAIN government funds which go to their political rivals' districts. You are being lied to.

Most articles by so-called reporters are nothing but opinion. I find this one valid because it points out some stupid things our government is actually doing (and you can look it up) that are hurting the average person.

you find it valid because it confirms your bias.
These other articles by so called reporters have opinions in them because you need a conspiracy in order to have a point.Blogs are not legit sources.

The Heritage Foundation doesn't give a shit about you or any other poor people. What they want to stop are CERTAIN government funds which go to their political rivals' districts. You are being lied to.

So you like supporting the business world with tax dollars. How is it exactly you think this is a good thing?

These other articles by so called reporters have opinions in them because you need a conspiracy in order to have a point.Blogs are not legit sources.

So provide us a list of the companies you are willing to subsidize. And tell us how many millions you are willing to hand over to them for the "public good". I will forwarn you this is one deadly fucking land mine to step on so be ready.

Actually it would be better if we all agreed this has to stop and force the government into compliance instead of whining where the idea came from.

We are so damn deep into crony capitalism it's pathetic. We subsidize everything from our food to our energy. It's time to let this go.

Shut it all down. We would all be much better off.[/QUOTE]

the market left to itself would eat itself into destruction.See banking crisis of 2008.
Too much government meddling can also stale out the system by propping up enterprises that should have crashed and burned.

So you like supporting the business world with tax dollars. How is it exactly you think this is a good thing?
Where do you even get that from anything that I wrote? The Heritage Foundation is not going to help you. They are not looking out for your interests or the American people. They do not work for you. They do not answer to you. They are not accountable to you. They are using you.

So provide us a list of the companies you are willing to subsidize. And tell us how many millions you are willing to hand over to them for the "public good". I will forwarn you this is one deadly fucking land mine to step on so be ready.

id rather subsidize science projects than businesses. Companies that get us into space faster to mine it.

The problem is if you remove the subs for farmers, our food prices would increase alot.

You mean it would be illegal to ask someone who they voted for before offering up a contract ? How about before offering them a job ?

If you bothered to look the article was written by Senator Mike Lee not Heritage. How about actually reading it so you don't sound so pathetically stupid.

ooooooooooooooooooooooo a blog......this would be neat if it wasnt a blog...

the market left to itself would eat itself into destruction.See banking crisis of 2008.
Too much government meddling can also stale out the system by propping up enterprises that should have crashed and burned.

The market was never left to itself and that's why it crashed. They had to operate under government rules and regulations that forced them to make bad loans. I'm good with letting failures burn, let's do that. Let's not allow the government to make those fail points law and cause the problem.

I think we're on the same page here, now will you vote for people that will make this happen?

The market was never left to itself and that's why it crashed. They had to operate under government rules and regulations that forced them to make bad loans. I'm good with letting failures burn, let's do that. Let's not allow the government to make those fail points law and cause the problem.

I think we're on the same page here, now will you vote for people that will make this happen?

um the bankers where trading on something that was not regulated at all.
So no you are wrong.

Forum List

Back