Time to make a prediction.

well now that the lights are out and the games pretty much over, I am thinking about some old school games I remember, like the the Christmas playoff game ( Miami and KC 71) that probably caused several divorces at least, and halted the clock on any female attraction , my aunt called it quits after my uncle joey kept telling her for an hour and half to hold Christmas dinner, my aunt says to this day that that was the last straw:lol:

The Raiders destroying the Vikings.....and man those raider steeler match ups before the owners started pussafying the game....smash mouth to the max. If you didn't start watching football till the mid 80's, you didn't watch the NFL, what you're seeing is an entirely different version....

The Niners were down 35 - 0 to New Orleans at the half; they came back to win 38 -35 in OT.

Of course Joe Montana was the QB. But Yogi was right, it ain't over 'til it's over.

I think, think that with the score like it is, a lot of folks will tune out and maybe check back, but this will cost ratings.

and someone anyone please get Shannon Sharpe some elocution lessons....for god sakes....:rolleyes:

I think, think that with the score like it is, a lot of folks will tune out and maybe check back, but this will cost ratings.

and someone anyone please get Shannon Sharpe some elocution lessons....for god sakes....:rolleyes:

Niners = 20 now...
cheerleader2.gif

desismileys_2722.gif

I need to keep saying the niners are done...:lol:

old football adage, Championship drive time....either you do it ....or.........

I hate to be a homer, but that non-call on the final Niner offensive play was terrible. In fact, the Kickoff return for 7 by the Ravens should have been called back, the Niner FB, Miller (49) was held by two Ravens.

Oh well, pitchers and catchers report in 10 days.

Time to honor my bet. Bill Angel (a Raven Fan in Baltimore) and I bet on the game. We agreed, whoever lost would leave this message board for good. Good being Fifteen Minutes so as not to show up Lieabilty or CrusaderFrank. So Good-bye all, I will now honor my bet.

I hate to be a homer, but that non-call on the final Niner offensive play was terrible. In fact, the Kickoff return for 7 by the Ravens should have been called back, the Niner FB, Miller (49) was held by two Ravens.

The ball was uncatchable...way out of bounds. SF had several opportunities in the red zone on the last drive. Kaepernick wasn't up to the task.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZRCIrTgQc]R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
There were far more pass interference non-calls in favor of 49ers than anything they can complain about. Very clear cut calls, at that. All the same, even if we entertain the idea that having a pass interference penalty called against the Ravens would have lead to a San Fran victory, at best it would have been a foot noted victory. Had it not been for the power outage the 49ers would have never managed to get back into the game the way they did. They deserve alot of credit for taking advantage of that opportunity, and the Ravens deserve alot of credit for sealing the deal.

The ball was uncatchable...way out of bounds. SF had several opportunities in the red zone on the last drive. Kaepernick wasn't up to the task.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZRCIrTgQc]R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Still bitter after all these games? The non call on Crab was Defensive Holding, it doesn't matter where the ball was thrown. Contact was obvious from the camera angle on our TV, everyone in the room thought it was as it happened. But, that's football, all officials are human and mess up at times.

The game was one of the best Super Bowls ever; the Niners and Kap made some mistakes early and that's what cost them. Three times they were in the red zone and needed to settle for 3 - that's what cost them the game. It was a great season for many reasons and it they can keep the 'D' together, stay healthy and fix whatever is wrong with Aikers, next year should be a great one. The Hawks and Rams are much improved and the Cards have a good 'D' but need some 'O'. The NFC West is the new black and blue division.

Wow this game went exactly the way I predicted.I did not see this thread yesterday or i would have made my post here but as you can see from the date of this post below,my prediction was accurate down to the wire.I think thats the first time I can recall that i had a superbowl prediction that was accurate down to the wire like that predicting that The Ravens would win and that it would be a close game and come down to the wire like it did with the niners having a chance to win it at the end on offense but failing to do so.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sports/267171-nfl-playoffs-new-orleans-bound-16.html

Unlike someone else said,I am a believer in Flacco now.I had my doubts about him for a long time but Im a believer in him now.I am taking The Ravens in this game.First they shock the world and beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos in Mile High where the air is thin which makes it tough on the defense and is probably the most difficult place to win on the road,and then go into NE and beat Brady and the gang. This team is the one that is the hungriest.They want to win this for Ray so I am taking The Ravens in the HarBaugh bowl.

Plus this is the first time the niners have really faced a really good defense in the playoffs and I think that will finally catch up to Kapernick.Yeah The Ravens seem to thrive on being the underdog so I think Vegas did them a favor.I also like you,think this will be another close one down to the wire like last years.

The sports announcers were saying that the Ravens will be facing a different kind of quarterback in kapernick that they havent seen in the playoffs yet which is true.However you got to remember they DID face a quarterback similiar to Kapernick earlier in the year when they played The Washington Redskins and played against RG3 a similair type of player.

They lost to them but that was on the road and remember,they took them to overtime.I just think with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis's experience,the Ravens will win this one in a close match since they do know what kind of quarterback to expect and prepare for haing played against RG3 earlier in the year and all.

Last edited:

Still bitter after all these games? The non call on Crab was Defensive Holding, it doesn't matter where the ball was thrown. Contact was obvious from the camera angle on our TV, everyone in the room thought it was as it happened. But, that's football, all officials are human and mess up at times.

The game was one of the best Super Bowls ever; the Niners and Kap made some mistakes early and that's what cost them. Three times they were in the red zone and needed to settle for 3 - that's what cost them the game. It was a great season for many reasons and it they can keep the 'D' together, stay healthy and fix whatever is wrong with Aikers, next year should be a great one. The Hawks and Rams are much improved and the Cards have a good 'D' but need some 'O'. The NFC West is the new black and blue division.

Uh bitter?:cuckoo: I dont see anything in that post that shows he is bitter that the Niners lost. sounds like YOU are the one that is bitter over what was a very good non call.If you were paying any attention to what the announcers said,it was a very good NON call cause it wasnt defensive holding,it was defensive shoving as the slow pics clearly showed and the niner receiver was shoving just as much as he was. stop crying and get over it.

Like Huggy said so well,the ball was uncatchable,way out of bounds and also like he said,Kapernick had several opportunities in the red zone on the last drive and clearly wasnt up to the task.Be grateful the niners got as far as they did because they didnt beat The Falcons in the NFC championship game.The Falcons beat themselves because of Matt Ryans stupidity taking his eyes off the ball during a snap looking downfield instead of watching the ball which lead to the niners getting a touchdown off Ryans turnover.The Niners did not deserve to be there.The Ravens did and were clearly the better team,deal with it.

Last edited:
There were far more pass interference non-calls in favor of 49ers than anything they can complain about. Very clear cut calls, at that. All the same, even if we entertain the idea that having a pass interference penalty called against the Ravens would have lead to a San Fran victory, at best it would have been a foot noted victory. Had it not been for the power outage the 49ers would have never managed to get back into the game the way they did. They deserve alot of credit for taking advantage of that opportunity, and the Ravens deserve alot of credit for sealing the deal.

Best post on this thread bar none.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have a sneaking suspecion that that power outage was all planned.That they were told to do that because they did not want a superbowl blowout.Its all just a little too coincidental that it all happened when the ravens were clearly in control over the game and were on the verge of blowing them out.does everybody here really think it would have happened if it had been a CLOSE game like 14-7,10-10,or a tie at 14-14? please give me a break.

people like Shannon Sharp and Dan Marino were all saying that the day would benefit the niners and hurt the Ravens momentum they had going and would probably take it away.they were right and they deserved the win because unlike the niners,they belonged in the superbowl and earned it where the falcons as I just got done saying,gave the game away to the niners.

Pereira: Super Bowl referees did right thing by not calling holding on crucial late play - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Niners db's and o-linemen were holding all day, Flacco was hit well out of bounds, etc.... This was one of the most consistently officiated games you'll ever see. Whining about officiating is lame.......

The officials didn't mess up, you and everyone in your room did, the ball was already in the air when Crabtree initiated contact. It's either offensive or defensive PI or nothing and no call was the correct call.

R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (Video) - YouTube

The officials didn't mess up, you and everyone in your room did, the ball was already in the air when Crabtree initiated contact. It's either offensive or defensive PI or nothing and no call was the correct call.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

exactly.well said.

the people that blame buffalos loss to the Giants on that field goal kicker are idiots.ESPN ran a special on that which explained it was not Norwoods fault they lost that game.Norwood wasnt the one who failed to get a touchdown inside the five yard line that day and had to settle for a field goal.that was inexcusebale and pathetic.Blame Jim Kelly and The Bills offense for their failure to execute.THATS what cost them the game,Not Scott Norwood.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back