Time to get out.

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Rico, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Rico

Rico Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38
    This is one conservative who's willing to say let's get the hell out of Iraq. The situation has deteorated to the point that we are in the way of a civil war.
    We went in with the intelligence we had. We went in with the suppositions we had. Both have proven incorrect. We should have read our history and known Iraq was an amalgam not a nation. Time to cut our losses and hope for the best.
    I know the criticism: we give a victory to al queda/islamic militants/ our enemies worldwide. However to remain with the current strategem is to waste American lives. Either we change the whole ballgame and go in and demilitarize entire regions of Iraq (evacuate the population in the sunni triangle and disarm same and th shiite areas) or we bug the fuck out!! Half measures or a continuation of current policy is unacceptable, unrealistic, and a plan of disaster.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I can see the media has gotten us down and we've been mentally beaten. Our troops who have the burden of carrying our sorry asses to achieve a thankless duty. Why because they hear the news and our leaders which I may add aren't vets and the ones who are are so old they don't know which day it is. We've allowed the media on both sides to control this deal. We want instant gratification and when we didn't get it we said many things. Like our current President is doing the job his daddy didn't or because of the lack of body armor our troops are dying. Or Rumsfeld this and that. So I say how do we correct this? Is there a real fix? Is leaving the immediate anwser? How about long term how would this effect our country's moral as a whole? What message does this send to the world? And will the world respect us?

1. The media sucks and they have ruined everything everytime.
    2.Is it easy to fall into the trap of what the media has said about our leaders?
    Yes but should we fall for it? I say no many will disagree
    3 I believe we could have done more to protect our troops, and had we kept the media out we could have surpressed much of the evil in Iraq by cleaning house. Is it humane? Who cares these people weren't capable to do it themselves and lest we forget those free Iraqi's who wanted us to come in and so-call liberate them.
    4. Leaving looks really good. But what looks better is our will and our determination to leave on our terms and keep our moral up and not allow these freaks to dictate our time line in Iraq or in our country.
    5. Short term would mean getting our lives back in order and forgetting the real threat, and you know the media won't let us forget either!
    6. How could the world respect us, look at france and germany they are complete pushovers with no spine and are very deceitful in many of there matters. Who would want to be like them? I sure as hell wouldn't
    7. Until we become more at one as a nation and deem that any immigration to our country can't continue then we'll be at constant odds with Washington and the rest of the world and our future generations will either have to clean up our mess or fall by invasion of foreign troops.

We as a nation must stand up against the media and we must demand those spineless leaders in D.C. allow our military leaders full and unrestricted control to do this job. Many will die but many died on D-Day and in Iwo Jima and many other places in the world with much less technology. Lest we forget the golden roads paved by those brave souls theat didn't make it back from all of our wars and conflicks.

I see your points but I served my country and have seen ungrateful men and women who have not experienced nothing but good times mock me and my mission. Enough is enough already.:salute:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    AMEN!

I am sick and tired of hearing the sheep bleating about "plans" and courses of action, tactics, strategy and all the other stuff that has become the liberal mantra and amounts to nothing more than justification of national cowardice. When we have people who seriously believe that some entertainer has more knowledge and skill in military matters than our military, we, as a nation, are in deep doo-doo!

You are right...enough is enough. If you do not have the guts, discipline and drive to do the right thing, then shut up and get the heck out of the way...do your whining, bitching and complaining after it's over but unless you are willing to step up to the plate and actively contribute something productive, then you are just another pimple on the ass of progress.

4. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,739
    I think the main thing that needs to happen is getting our troops off the streets where they are so prone to attacks. I highly doubt we will ever just "up and leave". Our military should remain present on bases and be there to provide air support for Iraqis fighting against terrorists, and also should be available for joint raids of known terrorists strongholds. But the Iraqis are the ones that need to be patrolling the streets of the cities.

5. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Awesome idea, first alpha stike is Sadr City slum, then track down and hang Al Sadr from the highest point in the area and shoot him. Justice done to a known load mouth thug:firing:

6. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

If America does pull out then will the UN come in and take care of the trigger happy militants/radicals/insurgents in Iraq and prevent a civil war??Personally I have nothing against an American pullout but then who will take care of the security in that region ? Can the U.S persuade the U.N to handle it?

Akshay

7. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Never, because UN is so spineless and can be bought. If we were allowed to deliver a serious blow to these known trouble makers it would slow for a period and forget this geneva convention rubbish since the other side doesn't follow it and take the war to the radicals and close off the border and clean house. That would be a start and quit wavering every other day on policy. War is dirty and it ain't meant to be a subject to be spoken about lightly!

8. Rico

Rico Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38
    The situation is out of the control of the Iraqi "Government". We have allowed the militias to remain armed. The "Gov't" controls almost nothing and now dictates to American forces who they can and cannot attack. What you have is the makings of an all out civil war. Which side do we take? Do we take a side or just get attacked by both? WTF were the Pentagon and the White House thinking in not disarming the populace?
    Something big has to change in Iraq and quickly or public opinion is going to demand withdrawal. It has been 3 1/2 years now. Hell we defeated the Germans and the Japanese in nearly the same time period. The half measures and pussyfooting around have led us to this point. Time to either change tactics or get out as the current stragegy is gaining nothing.

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Speculation

'We'? Are you over there helping? 'allowed'?

Speculation - and your conclusion isn't supported by your initial statement

Fuck Public Opinion. When the public votes in people like Kennedy, Pelosi, and Dean it shows sometimes the majority can not be trusted to act reasonably.

How long did the US stay in Japan? or Germany?

Are you a Military tactical advisor? What tactical training do you have? What strategy have you created? It's VERY easy to sharp-shoot people doing a HARD job.

10. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Bug out? Nope.:finger: