Time for honest posters to admit mistakes

Fewer people were sednt to those unemployment rolls because of the sstimulus.

That is a fact.

That's nice. But you are ignoring the fact that New Mexico's unemployment rate is currently at an all time high due to jobs lost. Up from 6.0 in 2009 to 8.7 for Feb 2010.

But, don't forget the management at LANL is happy.

$212 million? Hell, I would be thrilled to death to have 1/20th of that.

Immie

And so were the peopel they had to HIRE to do the job.

Never!!!!!!

It will be a cold day in Madonna's crotch before I admit I have ever been wrong.

Though I may have to use some "nuance" regarding my oppostion to the invention of fire.

Start admitting Frog...

4466600567_e145599d0f_o.jpg

What part of a near depression do you not understand?

Would you perfer the people who didnt get fired got fired too?

Bush and team left a HUGE economic mess and you think the Dems should have ot cleaned up in ONE year?

Tell me how long did it take Bush to get us out of the small recession that started under Clinton?

What part of we are at a near depression right now don't you understand or that you don't know that we would have sunk into a depression, don't you understand.

At any time in history you will find that jobs are not lost because some new project comes along. Hell, three years ago, I was pretty sure that I was going to lose my job and then our largest customer bought out one of their competitors and we had the contract to repair their trucks so thanks to that buyout, the additional income "saved" my job at that time. I suppose President Obama gets credit for that.

Those kinds of things happen all the time in business, but you cannot say that if the Stimulus package had not been passed that we would not already be out of this recession and that unemployment would not be at something like 5% rather than 12%. Nor can I say that it would be at 20% because we simply do not know what WOULD have happened. Period!

Immie

I foolishly believed people were honest about their desires and goals for the country. I see that I was only a naive idealist.

I once believed that everyone wants to be free. Now i know some just want control.

That is a fact.

LOL

My God you really are thick skulled.

You cannot prove that. You can show all the LANL's you want, but you cannot show that without this package we would not already be out of the recession and in a real economic upturn as opposed to the one the Administration is attempting to make us believe we are in.

Immie

Last edited:

That is a fact.

LOL

You cannot prove that. You can show all the LANL's you want, but you cannot show that without this package we would not already be out of the recession and in a real economic upturn as to the one the Administration is attempting to make us believe we are in.

Immie

Immie those companies and countys that I just posted saying the stimulus had them hiring people they would not have been hiring without it PROOVE that it saved and created jobs.

What part of a near depression do you not understand?

Would you perfer the people who didnt get fired got fired too?

Bush and team left a HUGE economic mess and you think the Dems should have ot cleaned up in ONE year?

Tell me how long did it take Bush to get us out of the small recession that started under Clinton?

What makes you think we arent in the beginnings of a depression?

Id prefer that people were at least honest with whats going on instead of playing partisan games and pretending that by spending money we dont have on special interests that got the President elected we are somehow not in economic turmoil. Id like people to acknowledge that our spending is suicidal and nothing will be fixed until we accept that we need to actually sacrifice and pay off the debt. Id like people to acknowledge that printing money will do absolutely nothing to benefit our economy and only cause inflation.

Id like our President to actually promote policies that fix the problem and not ones that make things 1000 times worse.

That is a fact.

LOL

You cannot prove that. You can show all the LANL's you want, but you cannot show that without this package we would not already be out of the recession and in a real economic upturn as to the one the Administration is attempting to make us believe we are in.

Immie

Immie those companies and countys that I just posted saying the stimulus had them hiring people they would not have been hiring without it PROOVE that it saved and created jobs.

Earth to TM go back and READ what I asked you to prove. It had nothing to do with saved and created jobs. It had everything to do with proving that we are better off today than we would have been without the Stimulus package and you cannot do that.

To do so, you would need to have an alternate universe set up exactly like things were from the moment President Obama signed the bill and then allowed things to go on their own separate paths. IMPOSSIBLE! Just as I said.

In a moment I will edit and add my post:

Some will say things would have been worse without it. I say prove that while at the same time I realize proving it is impossible.

Immie

Last edited:
LOL

Immie

Earth to TM go back and READ what I asked you to prove. It had nothing to do with saved and created jobs. It had everything to do with proving that we are better off today than we would have been without the Stimulus package and you cannot do that.

To do so, you would need to have an alternate universe set up exactly like things were from the moment President Obama signed the bill and then allowed things to go on their own separate paths. IMPOSSIBLE! Just as I said.

Immie

You enjoy banging your head against the wall with that lunatic Immie?

Immie

You enjoy banging your head against the wall with that lunatic Immie?

Someday, I'm gonna learn... I hope!

Immie

Trying to twist and squirm and trump up negatives in an effort to argue that the economy in NOT on much more solid footing than it was a year ago is absurd.

Oh, no kidding! I mean, take a look at this awesome recovery!!

The bond vigilantes are finally flexing their muscles. A long period of stability for the US government bond market showed signs of cracking this week as a lack of investor appetite for new debt sent the benchmark 10-year yield to its highest level since last June.

For more than a year, analysts have been warning that record sized debt sales by the US Treasury were at odds with a 10-year yield sitting comfortably below 4 per cent. This week, the yield on 10-year notes jumped from 3.65 per cent to a peak of 3.92 per cent on Thursday. On Friday it was 3.87 per cent.

Falling inflation, rising unemployment, the housing market slump, the Federal Reserve’s policies of a near zero overnight borrowing rate and its purchase of up to $1,700bn in bonds have all helped keep Treasury yields near historic lows.

But this week the mood shifted as yields for $118bn of new US debt were much higher than forecast, sparking overall selling of Treasuries.

FT.com / Capital Markets - Supply fears start to hit Treasuries

You're right, dude! We're looking solid!! :cuckoo:

Not a shred of evidence to prove the stimulus was worthless but a butt load of insults for the PROOF it has created and saved jobs right out of the mouths of the Cos and Counties that benifited.

Forum List

Back