Time for bi-partisan action - getting rid of George Santos

The question would be what would the voters of his district do? Ultimately it's up to them...
Answering several posters who have made this same point.

There is a constitutional provision that allows congress to remove a member with two-thirds concurence. That has been done to twenty congressmen, with seventeen of them being confederate supporting Democrats, one being a Democrat who incited the Creek and the Cherokee into insurrection, and two being late twentieth century Democrat political gangsters.

If the argument is that elected congressment and senators should hold their seat no matter what they do, I can't go along with that. If the argument is that in extreme cases they can be expelled but Santos' case isn't extreme enough, that is arguable, but I disagree.

7d58b33333d6328b.png

NOBODY of either party has lied about their lives in the magnitude of Santos

Not even close
Shall we make a list?
Biden was raised by Puerto Ricans
Biden drove a semi
Biden graduated at the top of his class
Biden stole other people's work
Biden was a professor

Five House Democrats introduced a resolution on Thursday to expel Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) from Congress, calling him a “serial fraudster” amid growing revelations that Santos has lied about nearly every aspect of his résumé, leading to bipartisan calls for his resignation.​

Look at this moron:

View attachment 755852

He has no business anywhere near the GOP.

The GOP should have beaten the Dems to the punch by a mile. I don't care that Dems would embrace this cross-dressing, check-bouncing, lying weasel, if he were one of them. That's them Dems. If the GOP wants to position itself as the party of honesty, they need to get rid of this guy, yesterday.

What possible defense is there? When Mitt Romney attacks you and he's right, that's about as wrong as a Republican can be. He's obviously faking being a Republican with his AR15 lapel pin, his draq queen past, and his pushing to the front to shake hands with Biden and the dignitaries. He's gotten well over fifteen minutes of fame with his elaborate prank. Let him retire now and write his book.

GOP needs to cut its losses. It may be time for Trump to step up and take charge. He is the presumptive front-runner and only declared candidate for 2024, so he is the leader.

Yeah? Well we have a long....long.....long list of democrats to expel first......democrats who are anti-semites, racists, sleeping with chinese spies, using chinese spies as their drivers..........

Let's start this......

Ilhan omar,
AOC
Swallwell
Schiff
pelosi
Schumer........

Shall we make a list?
Biden was raised by Puerto Ricans
Biden drove a semi
Biden graduated at the top of his class
Biden stole other people's work
Biden was a professor

Biden stated he lived in a Puerto Rican neighborhood
His father ran a car dealership so Biden had to work Semis
He never claimed to be at the top of his class
Biden was an adjunct professor at Penn

Biden stated he lived in a Puerto Rican neighborhood
His father ran a car dealership so Biden had to work Semis
He never claimed to be at the top of his class
Biden was an adjunct professor at Penn
So you lie, following Biden's example

Five House Democrats introduced a resolution on Thursday to expel Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) from Congress, calling him a “serial fraudster” amid growing revelations that Santos has lied about nearly every aspect of his résumé, leading to bipartisan calls for his resignation.​

Look at this moron:

View attachment 755852

He has no business anywhere near the GOP.

The GOP should have beaten the Dems to the punch by a mile. I don't care that Dems would embrace this cross-dressing, check-bouncing, lying weasel, if he were one of them. That's them Dems. If the GOP wants to position itself as the party of honesty, they need to get rid of this guy, yesterday.

What possible defense is there? When Mitt Romney attacks you and he's right, that's about as wrong as a Republican can be. He's obviously faking being a Republican with his AR15 lapel pin, his draq queen past, and his pushing to the front to shake hands with Biden and the dignitaries. He's gotten well over fifteen minutes of fame with his elaborate prank. Let him retire now and write his book.

GOP needs to cut its losses. It may be time for Trump to step up and take charge. He is the presumptive front-runner and only declared candidate for 2024, so he is the leader.
I do not in any way condone George Santos' lies about his resume', experience, etc. and would not invite him for dinner at my house. But if lying/embellishing a resume etc. is a disqualifying factor for ejecting members of Congress, at least half of Congress would have to be ejected. Santos is just more of a poster boy for that than some others.

But unless Santos commits malfeasance while in office, I don't think the House can eject him. They can make his life pretty miserable, not allow him any committee assignments or give him the worst ones, shun him, pressure him to resign. But I don't think there is any precedent to expel him for just being a dishonest person. He has to commit some crime as a Representative. In our history only 20 members of Congress have ever been expelled and almost all of those were when their states seceded from the Union.

I'm pretty sure the people of Santos' district were not informed of his lies prior to the election and Santos got 54.2% of the vote. There is no constitutional provision for them to recall a federal represented that they elected. I suspect his district will not elect him again. But he was their choice at the time and IMO Congress is stuck with him until the next general election.

I do not in any way condone George Santos' lies about his resume', experience, etc. and would not invite him for dinner at my house. But if lying/embellishing a resume etc. is a disqualifying factor for ejecting members of Congress, at least half of Congress would have to be ejected. Santos is just more of a poster boy for that than some others.

But unless Santos commits malfeasance while in office, I don't think the House can eject him. They can make his life pretty miserable, not allow him any committee assignments or give him the worst ones, shun him, pressure him to resign. But I don't think there is any precedent to expel him for just being a dishonest person. He has to commit some crime as a Representative. In our history only 20 members of Congress have ever been expelled and almost all of those were when their states seceded from the Union.

I'm pretty sure the people of Santos' district were not informed of his lies prior to the election and Santos got 54.2% of the vote. There is no constitutional provision for them to recall a federal represented that they elected. I suspect his district will not elect him again. But he was their choice at the time and IMO Congress is stuck with him until the next general election.
I agree
His lies, as egregious as they are, are not grounds for expulsion

But not just what he does after election but how he raised his campaign funds, how he spent them on personal expenses and how he fabricated his campaign finances are grounds for expulsion

This is where congress needs to put it's foot down and not stand for someone who essentially lies and cheats his way into congress.

We're not tlaking normal campaign hyperbole, but a complete fabrication of who he is.

This is where congress needs to put it's foot down and not stand for someone who essentially lies and cheats his way into congress.

We're not tlaking normal campaign hyperbole, but a complete fabrication of who he is.
Says another Joe Biden voter. :auiqs.jpg:

A congressman doesn't have the same impact on a nation the way your lying resident does

I agree

But not just what he does after election but how he raised his campaign funds, how he spent them on personal expenses and how he fabricated his campaign finances are grounds for expulsion
I disagree that his lies didn't rise to the level to qualify him for expulsion.

I say put it up for a vote, and because republicans need every vote to hold their majority, they will find no behavior short of a criminal conviction, too outrageous.

I agree

Omar Ilhan and many others are also widely reported to have misused campaign funds and no doubt many others have done so. Almost none, including Santos, have been charged much less convicted of that crime.

Santos can be sentenced to prison in Brazil for fraud charges there, but again that is outside the jurisdiction of Congress.

Even Duncan Hunter who pled guilty to campaign fund misuse and was sentenced to 11 months in prison was allowed to serve out his term in the Senate. He did the right thing, however, and resigned his seat and chose not to run for re-election.

I think we're stuck with Santos until the next general election. Word is voters in his district have no intention of re-electing him.

Forum List

Back