Time for bi-partisan action - getting rid of George Santos

I think we're stuck with him until the next general election. Word is voters in his district have no intention of re-electing him.
They are like the people ripped off by Bernie Maddoff. Only Bernie Maddoffs victims had legal recourse against him.

Santos would serve as a very bad lesson. That if you can lie your way into congress, no number of lies can reach the expulsion threshold.

This is where congress needs to put it's foot down and not stand for someone who essentially lies and cheats his way into congress.

We're not tlaking normal campaign hyperbole, but a complete fabrication of who he is.
If being a despicable person was criteria for expulsion of Congress, there would be a lot fewer people in Congress.

The Constitution allows the people to elect who will represent them. That choice is NOT given to the federal government other than enforcing specific criteria for eligibility. Again only extreme malfeasance while in office is justification for expulsion per the Constitution.

Historically even two members of Congress who were underage at the time of their election were allowed to serve, but were not allowed to be sworn in or sponsor/argue bills or vote until they reached their birthdate that made them legal.

Until there is a constitutional amendment stating more criteria for expulsion, Congress is simply stuck with bad apples who refuse to step down.

They are like the people ripped off by Bernie Maddoff. Only Bernie Maddoffs victims had legal recourse against him.

Santos would serve as a very bad lesson. That if you can lie your way into congress, no number of lies can reach the expulsion threshold.
I hope his district reelects him. Just like the "squad's" idiots just keep reelecting these Democrats

That's true. There is no state or federal law that denies the people the right to elect a serial liar or any other kind of scumbag to either the House or the Senate or the Presidency for that matter.

Which of course is why there are so many of those in Congress now.

I am 100% for this as soon as Biden resigns amid the avalanche of equal lies about his past, multiple degrees he doesn't have, finishing in the top of his class that he didn't, being involved in civil rights that he wasn't etc. etc. etc. etc.
As well as committing plagiarism multiple times throughout his entire career.
As well as his shocking bald face lies when he was debating Sanders that is on record and on video

Yeah? Well we have a long....long.....long list of democrats to expel first......democrats who are anti-semites, racists, sleeping with chinese spies, using chinese spies as their drivers..........

Let's start this......

Ilhan omar,
AOC
Swallwell
Schiff
pelosi
Schumer........
I get it, I get it. But we should want to get rid of Santos because he his hurting the GOP.

If we say we won't get rid of him because Biden, how are we any different from the perpetual "But, TRUUUUUUMP," crowd, who are the children of the "Buh, buh, buh, but BUUUUUUSH" crowd?
That's true. There is no state or federal law that denies the people the right to elect a serial liar or any other kind of scumbag to either the House or the Senate or the Presidency for that matter.

Which of course is why there are so many of those in Congress now.
That is a different argument, and it has some merit. Only quoting that post, but I read your others along the same line, and they make sense.
George Santos wouldn't have been allowed to run as a Democrat.
Why? Because he was a teenage drag queen? Give me a break. That Democrat accept serial liars is a given. My point in this thread is that the GOP need not do the same.
And Trump, another serial liar and conman would embrace this liar.
What do you mean, "would?" Trump is still around, is he embracing Santos?

I get it, I get it. But we should want to get rid of Santos because he his hurting the GOP.

If we say we won't get rid of him because Biden, how are we any different from the perpetual "But, TRUUUUUUMP," crowd, who are the children of the "Buh, buh, buh, but BUUUUUUSH" crowd?

That is a different argument, and it has some merit. Only quoting that post, but I read your others along the same line, and they make sense.

Why? Because he was a teenage drag queen? Give me a break. That Democrat accept serial liars is a given. My point in this thread is that the GOP need not do the same.

The thing is, unless a constitutional amendment is passed, the GOP has no say over who the people in a district elect. A political party cannot say who can and cannot run on their ticket. They can withhold campaign funds, refuse to endorse, even speak out against a candidate, but they cannot reject who the people choose to elect.

And it also explains why some really bad eggs register as Democrat or Republican or whatever. A political party has no say in who can or cannot register as a member of that party.

The thing is, unless a constitutional amendment is passed, the GOP has no say over who the people in a district elect. A political party cannot say who can and cannot run on their ticket. They can withhold campaign funds, refuse to endorse, even speak out against a candidate, but they cannot reject who the people choose to elect.

And it also explains why some really bad eggs register as Democrat or Republican or whatever. A political party has no say in who can or cannot register as a member of that party.
Yes, nor should they. Voter control of the nominations is important.

That's how we got Donald Trump. He would have never been nominated if The Party had to approve him and not the voters.

Yes, nor should they. Voter control of the nominations is important.

That's how we got Donald Trump. He would have never been nominated if The Party had to approve him and not the voters.
That's true. The old guard GOP sure didn't want Donald Trump. And they hated it when he embarrassed them by doing what they all promised but never had the courage to do--move our embassy to Jerusalem for one example--and when he accomplished what they had never been able to do or said couldn't be done. The Democrats hated him just because and if he had been 100% a saint and impeccable in manner and methods they would have trashed him just as much because he wasn't one of them.

His strength was in part not being partisan or politically motivated, but he was totally focused on what was good for America and Americans. But that isolated him too and he couldn't count on them having his back.

George Santos on the other hand is an embarrassment of an entirely other kind and unless he commits malfeasance in office, there is no way to remove him.

Santos only confirms what our President has been saying about todays Republican Party

Five House Democrats introduced a resolution on Thursday to expel Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) from Congress, calling him a “serial fraudster” amid growing revelations that Santos has lied about nearly every aspect of his résumé, leading to bipartisan calls for his resignation.​

Look at this moron:

View attachment 755852

He has no business anywhere near the GOP.

The GOP should have beaten the Dems to the punch by a mile. I don't care that Dems would embrace this cross-dressing, check-bouncing, lying weasel, if he were one of them. That's them Dems. If the GOP wants to position itself as the party of honesty, they need to get rid of this guy, yesterday.

What possible defense is there? When Mitt Romney attacks you and he's right, that's about as wrong as a Republican can be. He's obviously faking being a Republican with his AR15 lapel pin, his draq queen past, and his pushing to the front to shake hands with Biden and the dignitaries. He's gotten well over fifteen minutes of fame with his elaborate prank. Let him retire now and write his book.

GOP needs to cut its losses. It may be time for Trump to step up and take charge. He is the presumptive front-runner and only declared candidate for 2024, so he is the leader.
He's a perfect poster child for the GOP.

He's Trump without the political power he used to have or the money to influence people.

Trump could be called eccentric, Santos is just crazy...the behaviors are pretty much the same.

I agree
His lies, as egregious as they are, are not grounds for expulsion

But not just what he does after election but how he raised his campaign funds, how he spent them on personal expenses and how he fabricated his campaign finances are grounds for expulsion
See, I disagree. I think his falsifying everything about him IS grounds for expulsion, but I also see that the repubs have a very slim majority and keeping that will be crucial, so, they may censure him, but I don’t know if they are going to give up that vote.

Nope.......the democrats have moron after moron and they keep them and defend them.....they set the rules, we have been allowing them to apply them only to republicans...that stops now......if the people in Santos' district vote him out, good for them, till then, the democrats can f**k themselves.....

We are different......we wanted different rules...the democrats decided not to follow those rules...so we won't......when they become decent human beings, then we can have actual standards that make sense, but constantly removing our people while they keep their assholes? Nope, not doing that crap anymore...

Good point, but on a slim majority, especially today, i think they would be more apt to try and keep them.

Nope...they got rid of Franken because it didn't cost them anything.......when it costs them they don't get rid of their monsters.

Forum List

Back