Time for a Serious Discussion on Moderator Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Before the lock you're anticipating occurs (if it does at all), wouldn't it be helpful to have a forum where moderators are obliged to announce why a user has been banned, by who and for how long. Users would then be allowed to offer their opinion and petition for bans to be lifted if popular consensus indicates that the ban is unwarranted, suspicious or unfair.

Before the lock you're anticipating occurs (if it does at all), wouldn't it be helpful to have a forum where moderators are obliged to announce why a user has been banned, by who and for how long. Users would then be allowed to offer their opinion and petition for bans to be lifted if popular consensus indicates that the ban is unwarranted, suspicious or unfair.
Lets just say fuck this thread and go grab a beer

200x200px-ZC-5f409ee2_1310749411_InBeforeTheLock.jpeg

moderators are obliged to announce why a user has been banned, by who and for how long. Users would then be allowed to offer their opinion and petition for bans to be lifted if popular consensus indicates that the ban is unwarranted, suspicious or unfair.
Oh no no no!!! Not just no, but HAYELL no. Talk about a clusterfuck!

Who is banned and for how long would be great to know though, so members don't accidentally mention someone pinked and get in trouble for it.

moderators are obliged to announce why a user has been banned, by who and for how long. Users would then be allowed to offer their opinion and petition for bans to be lifted if popular consensus indicates that the ban is unwarranted, suspicious or unfair.
Oh no no no!!! Not just no, but HAYELL no. Talk about a clusterfuck!

Who is banned and for how long would be great to know though, so members don't accidentally mention someone pinked and get in trouble for it.

Maybe, maybe not.

Rules are rules, Swagger. Their beach, their waves. Sometimes its an ugly day at the beach. Sometimes its a lovely day. :smiliehug:

I like this website, as do most regulars, but there is one thing that I'm not happy with: the rule that we aren't allowed to openly question moderator actions (or their behaviour). I think that a few of the moderators abuse this culture of absolute supplicancy when it comes to questioning why moderators have done what they've done without the reason(s) being obvious. I'll even go so far as to say that there's a few mods on here who aren't fit to fill the positions they clearly cherish and use against others.

What are your thoughts?

If I can make peace with Don't Taz Me - which I have, then anyone can learn to get along with the mods...

I used to post at a place that had a Moderator Room For Members. Folks would ask them questions and they would answer. But eventually, it would get so bad in there with the pile ons of the staff..they closed it.

The reason why you are not allowed to publicly discuss Moderator actions is there would be no end to the complaints. Quite simply a troll could run rampant and there would be no way to shut them down.

Gracie is absolutely correct. If you have a problem contact cereal_killer. That's what he's here to do. Coyote and theDoctorisIn are Super Mods. They too have power over us regular Mods.

NO ONE will get in trouble with the suits if you keep your issues private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back