Tiger Woods injured in car accident.

It looks like Pacific Palisades Blvd. Many drive fast on that road. It's smooth and curvy. :cool:
The van is resting about 15 yards from the curb on a flat area. Phone poles line the road against the curb.
Not even geographically close. It's Hawthorne Blvd. In Rolling Hills. It's a major street. He was speeding and either hit something or tried to avoid something and the car went across the median.

I lived in this area for 40 years. Woods was taken to public hospital Harbor UCLA. That means he was taken right past Torrance Memorial which is a much better hospital with a much much better trauma center. Doesn't Tiger Woods have decent insurance?
Thanks for the info. UCLA because of their ortho/doctors I suspect.

It looks like Pacific Palisades Blvd. Many drive fast on that road. It's smooth and curvy. :cool:
The van is resting about 15 yards from the curb on a flat area. Phone poles line the road against the curb.
Not even geographically close. It's Hawthorne Blvd. In Rolling Hills. It's a major street. He was speeding and either hit something or tried to avoid something and the car went across the median.

I lived in this area for 40 years. Woods was taken to public hospital Harbor UCLA. That means he was taken right past Torrance Memorial which is a much better hospital with a much much better trauma center. Doesn't Tiger Woods have decent insurance?

Rich people are actually the worst at paying their bills. I would make him pay in advance, even in an emergency room visit.

Has any mentioned yet that he probably had a bad driver?

He was the only one in the car. He IS the bad driver. And, while I hope he recovers because he's a fellow human being, I can't muster much sympathy for him, because he's shown some pretty erratic behavior in the past.

It was a pun
A driver is a type of club

Apparently, this is the vehicle he was driving. I pulled this photo off of espn.com:

i.jpg

Come on, people! This is no joke. I just saw a news flash that he has compound fractures in one or both of his legs. This means that the bone has broken through the skin. I remember when Joe Theismann's career was ended by one. Let's just hope that he can walk again.

My brother lost his leg in a truck crash. He would have bled to death if a doctor hadn't been flown to the scene to intubate him. That was almost twenty years ago when his daughter was just a baby.

I think he should have got a fake leg that looked like a stick shift.

Only hope he was not too badly injured

On Feb. 23, 2021, at approximately 7:12 AM, LASD responded to a single vehicle roll-over traffic collision on the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes," the sheriff's department said in the Twitter statement. "The vehicle was traveling northbound on Hawthorn Boulevard at Blackhorse Road, where it crashed. The vehicle sustained major damage."

Continued the statement, "The driver and sole occupant was identified as PGA golfer Eldrick 'Tiger' Woods. Mr. Woods was extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life' by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries."

Woods was in California for the Genesis Invitational last week and into the weekend. The athlete didn't play in the tournament at the Riviera Country Club as he's still recovering from a back surgery, but served as host.
The golfer and dad of two underwent the surgery to remove a disc fragment pinching his nerve after experiencing discomfort following the December PNC Championship.

Tiger-Woods-Crash-AP-2.jpg

That's not a recommended activity when you are recovering from back surgery.

It looks like the vehicle didn't barrel roll, as was reported. The damage looks more like it flip-flopped end over end. Or maybe it did both. A flip with a twist. Or maybe a triple Lindy. :dunno:

I wonder why he lost control. Perhaps he was taking some narcotic painkillers.

Last edited:
I am glad I'm not famous like Tiger Woods. I would hate to have to live under a microscope such that my screw ups become national news or even world news.

We wish Tiger a speedy recovery, he is a true Champion! :clap:

1614131542944.png

He made zillions of bucks playing a silly game in park like settings, and married a hot Swedish model. Who would feel sorry for him? I suspect he was drinking, but so far no evidence or reports on that.

My brother lost his leg in a truck crash. He would have bled to death if a doctor hadn't been flown to the scene to intubate him. That was almost twenty years ago when his daughter was just a baby.

I think he should have got a fake leg that looked like a stick shift.
I would laugh if he got a peg leg and an eye patch ...lol.

Who gives a damn about him anyways, golf sucks

Forum List

Back