Thursday night blahhs

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Who else got 'em?

The wife is hogging the remote and watching one dumb Food Network cooking contest after another. There's nothing else worth watching anyway. I could find a movie to watch but don't feel like staying up til midnight. Nothing interesting on the news feeds, the only thing they care about anyway is Trump news. Nothing blew up today, no mass casualty events, no stunning revelations, which is probably a good thing. But the world is quiet tonight. Too quiet, which usually means something's about to happen.

I have booze but don't feel like drinking. I have a fresh pack of cigarettes, but don't feel like smoking. I have plenty of food but am full from snacking all day. I have a million projects I could work on, but I'm in a lazy, shiftless mood. I have things I should do and and things I want to do but once again, too lazy.

Nothing on here sounds interesting. I could track down every comment I disagree with and try to piss them off, but why bother? I could start outrageous threads and throw snakes into monkey pits, but why bother? It's fucking Thursday. The most worthless day of the week.

First World problems are a bitch, aren't they?

Wait...I know what. I'll throw up some funny memes I just found...

meme.jpg

1693533842599.jpeg

1693533880842.jpeg

1693533970819.png

1693534025296.png

Last edited:
Who else got 'em?

The wife is hogging the remote and watching one dumb Food Network cooking contest after another.
It could be worse. She could be watching rehab shows on HGTV and asking you "Why can't you put in a new kitchen like Joe down the street did for his wife?"

This has been the first day I have had off going back to the week of July 4th so I have enjoyed being a lazy piece of shit and napped on the couch all day as the storm passed. Around 4 I figured no need to change out of my pajamas just go with it. Maybe tomorrow I’ll put on pants and try and be productive.

It could be worse. She could be watching rehab shows on HGTV and asking you "Why can't you put in a new kitchen like Joe down the street did for his wife?"

That's Remodeling Maidiac's gig. I've done enough remodeling to know I don't want to do any more. Remolding is basically trying to redo someone else's fuckups.

That's Remodeling Maidiac's gig. I've done enough remodeling to know I don't want to do any more. Remolding is basically trying to redo someone else's fuckups.
And it’s much easier with a trained crew of professionals using the proper tools than it is with my drunk ass friends and a dull saw.

True story last year doing some work on the shed almost ended up in divorce. Wife and I both thought each other were idiots until we realized the two tape measures we used were slightly off from each other. That Chinese inch was a little short compared to the American made one over 8 or so foot of board it was about a 1/4 inch difference, thank god for shims.

I felt blah all day. Should have cut the grass but I didn't. Here's to hoping tomorrow will be more productive.

And it’s much easier with a trained crew of professionals using the proper tools than it is with my drunk ass friends and a dull saw.

True story last year doing some work on the shed almost ended up in divorce. Wife and I both thought each other were idiots until we realized the two tape measures we used were slightly off from each other. That Chinese inch was a little short compared to the American made one over 8 or so foot of board it was about a 1/4 inch difference, thank god for shims.
This is why I have the Craftsman 1-inch x 25' boss of tape measures and some no-name nice 35-footer I got years ago.
1/4" in 8 feet is fucked up. IMO, 1/4" off in 50 feet might be acceptable.

Mainly I almost always use this 16-footer to save the good ones. I think it's a Craftsman 3/4 inch. Meh.

Last edited:
This is why I have the Craftsman 1-inch boss of tape measures and some no-name nice 35-footer I got years ago.
1/4" in 8 feet is fucked up.
I was questioning my ability to read it correctly after a few boards wonder if I had been screwing it up my entire life. Now we laugh about it but at the time it was frustrating as hell.

I felt blah all day. Should have cut the grass but I didn't. Here's to hoping tomorrow will be more productive.

It's fucking Thursday. Too late in the week to start anything.

This is why I have the Craftsman 1-inch x 25' boss of tape measures and some no-name nice 35-footer I got years ago.
1/4" in 8 feet is fucked up. IMO, 1/4" off in 50 feet might be acceptable.

Mainly I almost always use this 16-footer to save the good ones. I think it's a Craftsman 3/4 inch. Meh.
Makita makes a good one.

Who else got 'em?

The wife is hogging the remote and watching one dumb Food Network cooking contest after another. There's nothing else worth watching anyway. I could find a movie to watch but don't feel like staying up til midnight. Nothing interesting on the news feeds, the only thing they care about anyway is Trump news. Nothing blew up today, no mass casualty events, no stunning revelations, which is probably a good thing. But the world is quiet tonight. Too quiet, which usually means something's about to happen.

I have booze but don't feel like drinking. I have a fresh pack of cigarettes, but don't feel like smoking. I have plenty of food but am full from snacking all day. I have a million projects I could work on, but I'm in a lazy, shiftless mood. I have things I should do and and things I want to do but once again, too lazy.

Nothing on here sounds interesting. I could track down every comment I disagree with and try to piss them off, but why bother? I could start outrageous threads and throw snakes into monkey pits, but why bother? It's fucking Thursday. The most worthless day of the week.

A good drink, a couple of sleeping pills and you can be off to LA LA Land and when you wait up it will be Friday. Or if you are really looking for something to occupy your time till the sandman shows up, you could try a good book. More books than you can read in a lifetime are available at your local library and it doesn't cost you a dime to download them.

You could always go downtown to the retail store and heist a few thousand dollars worth of merchandise like the jigaboos do!

Maybe pick yourself up a nice pair of leopard skin cowboy boots with fur trim? :smoke:

Take some shoe polish and BLEND IN.

Maybe tear up a McDonald's because they put too much salt on your fries.

Be creative. Everything goes now in Biden's New America!

A good drink, a couple of sleeping pills and you can be off to LA LA Land and when you wait up it will be Friday. Or if you are really looking for something to occupy your time till the sandman shows up, you could try a good book. More books than you can read in a lifetime are available at your local library and it doesn't cost you a dime to download them.

Reading puts me right to sleep as fast as sitting in front of the TV. I could take a melatonin and a shot of vodka and fall asleep, but I'm not really tired.

You could always go downtown to the retail store and heist a few thousand dollars worth of merchandise like the jigaboos do!

Maybe pick yourself up a nice pair of leopard skin cowboy boots with fur trim? :smoke:

Take some shoe polish and BLEND IN.

Maybe tear up a McDonald's because they put too much salt on your fries.

Be creative. Everything goes now in Biden's New America!

I could. But there are no Negroes in my town to fight with over the sweet and sour sauce. They usually carry a bottle of their own sweet and sour sauce, while carry a bottle of Tabasco.

I guess we could fight over which is better. I think the Tabasco is better.

Do what I'm doing---- get a head start on a long Labor Day Holiday Weekend!

Labor Day to me is just Lazy Day.

Same as any other day. Maybe I should get a real job and become a useful, productive member of society. :laughing0301:

Reading puts me right to sleep as fast as sitting in front of the TV.

Gee, now you've finally found something both you and Joe share in common!

162388558.jpg

Do what Joe does, it always picks him right back up! Either scare a few babies or grope a daughter, granddaughter, or someone's wife.

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 10.11.33 PM.png

And if all else fails, piss on the American Flag! Always good for a few laughs around the Biden household!

Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 12.38.10 PM.jpg

Who else got 'em?

You useless eater

Forum List

Back