Thunderbolt / Linux Vulnerability

Oh geez..a MAC. What is the Thunderbolt used for? Data transfers?
No hard drive reads and writes @40Gbps.
I see you didn't bother reading the specs on the latest Mac Pros. See the read/writes under STORAGE. Then see below to T-Bird section under I/O.
The computers you are thinking of are mere toys compared to the latest Apple MacPro. PCs are shit.

But then you'd EXPECT that for a professional SOTA computer you can spend well over $50,000 on.

rofl.gif

I probably currently run a more powerful computer than what Apple charges $3000 for.
It also cost me nowhere near that much. This motherboard I'm on right now has Thunderbolt capability, and I have a couple of those Thunderbolt things laying around.
Useless to me.

Also my graphics card is more powerful than a "Vega II". By a longshot. I'd say around 40% more.
Under $1k in this setup, with "Thunderbolt" support that I'll never use and a much better GPU than "Vega II". What's good to upgrade is NVMe drives. They are fast.
Oh! This is just my XP comp, to. The other one has more grunt.
SUPER! Maybe you should start your own company. I'm just missing what your distaste for T-Bird has to do with the topic of this thread warning actual T-Bird and Linux users of the potential vulnerability in their PC's?
Almost no one that uses that stuff is vulnerable. The way it's usually used, the umm.."Hackers" will not get a damn thing. Not unless they want Call of Duty video or people doing benchmarks with nothing except what it takes to do benchmarks on that system.
True story.

If you have a Thunderbolt equipped or Linux computer, the Thunderspy technique can rip all of the data out of your computer in 5 minutes and you'll never know it. Apple Macs are immune, of course.

Do you have a Thunderbolt equipped computer?
Anyone that does, will not be using it for any business or personal e-mail or anything like that.
Computers that have Thunderbolt are used for a singular purpose. Nobody ever uses the Thunderbolt, either. They still keep putting it in there, but nobody ever uses that.
Show me somebody using Thunderbolt. :auiqs.jpg:
Heck, I never even heard of Thunderbolt till just now, didn't even know what the hell it was. :dunno:

If you have a Thunderbolt equipped or Linux computer, the Thunderspy technique can rip all of the data out of your computer in 5 minutes and you'll never know it. Apple Macs are immune, of course.

Careful defiling the name of Linux....... Someone might go all jihad on your ass........ :eusa_whistle:
:lol:

Anyone that does, will not be using it for any business or personal e-mail or anything like that.
Computers that have Thunderbolt are used for a singular purpose. Nobody ever uses the Thunderbolt, either. They still keep putting it in there, but nobody ever uses that.
Heck, I never even heard of Thunderbolt till just now, didn't even know what the hell it was. :dunno:
It's only available on a select few motherboards. I have seen 1 guy using it to steer his computer with a laptop...once.

It's only available on a select few motherboards. I have seen 1 guy using it to steer his computer with a laptop...once.
Yeah, figured if I hadn't heard of it it wasn't in heavy use.

Professional users who are dealing in 500 GB files not wanting hours long downloads and transfers do know about it.

Careful defiling the name of Linux....... Someone might go all jihad on your ass........ :eusa_whistle:
Linux, just a poor man's UNIX. I used to work with UNIX mainframes the size of a floor of your house. PC stuff is kid's stuff.

Unless you are a heavy pro user (like a pro music or video editor, etc.), why would you know people using it? Apparently you think even Firewire big!

Linux, just a poor man's UNIX. I used to work with UNIX mainframes the size of a floor of your house. PC stuff is kid's stuff.
Well at least you're patting yourself on your own back...... Looks like you have that disease that makes everyone around you sick, "status"............. Allbeit self proclaimed.......

Well at least you're patting yourself on your own back...... Looks like you have that disease that makes everyone around you sick, "status"............. Allbeit self proclaimed.......
Man are you terrible at reading posts! Get a grip on yourself, man! All I'm saying is that Linux is based on UNIX. UNIX is the one true ultimate operating system, truly multitasking, not a FRAUD like MS Windows is. And the superiority of Linux and MacOS in the consumer world is that it is loosely based on UNIX.

Patting myself? Hardly. I don't need any pats. Merely qualifying myself as not being just one more A-hole here talking out of my butt. While everyone here is busy putting down T-bird and rationalizing their not needing or hearing of it, T-Bird is for serious users dealing with MASSIVE files. And if you want to see a REAL computer, here is one, a UNIX mainframe, here is part of the front row of one with about 5-6 more rows like it behind. THAT'S a computer.

Picture_7c9f.jpg

Man are you terrible at reading posts! Get a grip on yourself, man! All I'm saying is that Linux is based on UNIX. UNIX is the one true ultimate operating system, truly multitasking, not a FRAUD like MS Windows is. And the superiority of Linux and MacOS in the consumer world is that it is loosely based on UNIX.

Patting myself? Hardly. I don't need any pats. Merely qualifying myself as not being just one more A-hole here talking out of my butt. While everyone here is busy putting down T-bird and rationalizing their not needing or hearing of it, T-Bird is for serious users dealing with MASSIVE files. And if you want to see a REAL computer, here is one, a UNIX mainframe, here is part of the front row of one with about 5-6 more rows like it behind. THAT'S a computer.

View attachment 336864
If you say so....... :lol:

View attachment 336864
I do. It is a WE 5-ESS. I installed and turned up (cut over) three of them. The only computer system larger than the Pentagon. That picture was from the 2nd one. Technically, that was a secure area and pictures are not allowed, I could have gotten into a lot of trouble just taking that picture.

View attachment 336864
I do. It is a WE 5-ESS. I installed and turned up (cut over) three of them. The only computer system larger than the Pentagon. That picture was from the 2nd one. Technically, that was a secure area and pictures are not allowed, I could have gotten into a lot of trouble just taking that picture.

Well good for you. The rest of us peons will just stick with our PCs and "poor man's Unix machines".......... :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 336864

Well good for you. The rest of us peons will just stick with our PCs and "poor man's Unix machines".......... :eusa_whistle:
You do so. PC owners seem to LIKE machines that need fixing out of the box to operate. I run Windows in my Mac as a virtual machine and it runs better than in my original PC made for it. Go figure. But then, my Mac is ten years old and running better than ever. Apple updates the OS for free. How many PCs have you gone through in the last decade? And if your HDD crashes, any problem for you? If I lose a HDD, it doesn't even make my computer skip a beat. Amazing. But then, I haven't had a single hardware failure in a decade.

View attachment 336864

You do so. PC owners seem to LIKE machines that need fixing out of the box to operate. I run Windows in my Mac as a virtual machine and it runs better than in my original PC made for it. Go figure. But then, my Mac is ten years old and running better than ever. Apple updates the OS for free. How many PCs have you gone through in the last decade? And if your HDD crashes, any problem for you? If I lose a HDD, it doesn't even make my computer skip a beat. Amazing. But then, I haven't had a single hardware failure in a decade.
Aren't you special.......

View attachment 336864

Never said a word about myself. But apparently you think I am. Thank you. Always good to have another fan!

View attachment 336864

Never said a word about myself. But apparently you think I am. Thank you. Always good to have another fan!
Ya know, you're coming across as a snob. May not be your intention but that's how you're coming across.

View attachment 336864

Ya know, you're coming across as a snob. May not be your intention but that's how you're coming across.
Just trying to live up to your expectations. You're coming across as a resentful bitch. Do you actually have ANYTHING relevant to say to the topic of this thread at all?

View attachment 336864

Just trying to live up to your expectations. You're coming across as a resentful bitch. Do you actually have ANYTHING relevant to say to the topic of this thread at all?
Typical clueless UNIX/Apple snob...... Just like the Linux snobs.......:rofl:
And that's not being resentful........ :thup:

Forum List

Back