Thug Throws Punch at Security Officer - Yet Media Twists Story

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Maybe the officer approached the wrong man, but I doubt the thug was civil. In the video the thug clearly tosses the first punch!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmCwDDnByzE&feature=related]MATA Security Officer vs Thug In Memphis TN [Street Fight] - Caught on Camera - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe the officer approached the wrong man, but I doubt the thug was civil. In the video the thug clearly tosses the first punch!

MATA Security Officer vs Thug In Memphis TN [Street Fight] - Caught on Camera - YouTube

According to the video the Security Officer was off duty so what was he even doing approaching the guy? And from the two accounts we do get (yeah one of them is the guy in the fight) the Security Officer threatens the guy. If someone threatens you do you wait for them to throw the first punch? Overall the details are fuzzy.

MATA Security Officer vs Thug In Memphis TN [Street Fight] - Caught on Camera - YouTube

GHook93, did you watch the entire Youtube video you have provided? Besides testimony the plain clothes Black male had been wrongly approached, owner of property where the security officer probably works said the security officer had no business being on the property; the beaten security officer disappeared before police arrived; and the plain clothes male was released after query by police officers.

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . .

Does anyone (looks like Hookie is a hit and run on this one) have any idea how the media "twisted" the story here, as the thread title claims?

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . .

Does anyone (looks like Hookie is a hit and run on this one) have any idea how the media "twisted" the story here, as the thread title claims?

Or Hookie may be the security officer who got his ass well taken care of and came here hoping for some sympathy. And I will sympathize with you, GHook93, if you would tell us your side of what exactly happened.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, yeah . . .

Or Hookie may be the security officer who got his ass well taken care of and came here hoping for some sympathy. And I will sympathize with you, GHook93, if you would tell us your side of what exactly happened.

He's not the security guard. He's just another right wing whack job who thinks "the media" is biased against anything conservative and who blindly lashes out against the media wlithout any regard to the basis for so doing.

Hey - HOOKIE! I know you're there. What are you doing , ignorning my question? I will ask it again:

Just exactly how is the media twisting the story here?

In and out of sales calls!

They are making it like the security guard was the agitator and the thug was the victim. First, I want to point out the first punch was thrown by the thug. Second, if he wanted to avoid confrontation he could have walked away, he didn't so there is no reason to call him a victim.

Last edited:
Hey - HOOKIE! I know you're there. What are you doing , ignorning my question? I will ask it again:

Just exactly how is the media twisting the story here?

In and out of sales calls!

They are making it like the security guard was the agitator and the thug was the victim. First, I want to point out the first punch was thrown by the thug. Second, if he wanted to avoid confrontation he could have walked away, he didn't so there is no reason to call him a victim.

How so? The facts appear to be that the security guard had the wrong man.

You cannot conclude that the thug threw the first punch by looking at the video. True, the thug threw the first punch on the video. But as the video opens, the guard is in a fighting stance with his fists up. We don't know what has preceded the beginning of the video.

I will give you that the newscast does imply that the security guard was the bad guy - but maybe that's because that's the way it was. Why does the video open with the security guard in a fighting stance with his dukes up?

Apologies for calling you a hit and run artist and a right wing whacko. You are obviously not a hit and run artist, since you have responded here and given a plausable excuse for being late. Right wing whacko? How the hell would I know? ;)

lol the security guard was looking for some free MMA sparring so he trolled some random douchebag. The douchebag kinda looked like Wanderlei Silva for a minute when he was throwing haymakers after getting rocked in the initial exchange. Overall I'd give it 4/10.

It is simple. The media fist started using comic book descriptions, like "thug" and "MATA Security Guard" and they went on describing an ALLEGED incident they did not see. What you short sighted knuckleheads did not do is check the follow up of the story.

It turns out that the wannabe (former) rent-a-cop who fancied himself as a Muay Thai "Expert" and had the self titled nickname "Karate", w\as not on duty. His employer had already told him that he was NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE PROPERTY. He broke all protocol for the job, even if he had been on duty. His Muay Thai skills were at best, BEGINNER. He should have been able to take down the VICTIM. The alleged crime of the victim, talking to a white girl (Where are all you Liberals now?) did not warrant what he did. As it turns out, the former security guard not only fired the idiot, but the local police arrested him on AGGRAVATED ASSAULT & BATTERY Charges, but eventually did release him for evidence reasons (likely at the behest of MATA, who is now fending off a major lawsuit. The victim was defamed as well, since there was no proof that there was any girl/woman bothered AT ALL. :eusa_drool:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2:

It is simple. The media fist started using comic book descriptions, like "thug" and "MATA Security Guard" and they went on describing an ALLEGED incident they did not see. What you short sighted knuckleheads did not do is check the follow up of the story.

It turns out that the wannabe (former) rent-a-cop who fancied himself as a Muay Thai "Expert" and had the self titled nickname "Karate", w\as not on duty. His employer had already told him that he was NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE PROPERTY. He broke all protocol for the job, even if he had been on duty. His Muay Thai skills were at best, BEGINNER. He should have been able to take down the VICTIM. The alleged crime of the victim, talking to a white girl (Where are all you Liberals now?) did not warrant what he did. As it turns out, the former security guard not only fired the idiot, but the local police arrested him on AGGRAVATED ASSAULT & BATTERY Charges, but eventually did release him for evidence reasons (likely at the behest of MATA, who is now fending off a major lawsuit. The victim was defamed as well, since there was no proof that there was any girl/woman bothered AT ALL. :eusa_drool:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2:

Question for you - who do you think the media made out to be the bad guy here?

Forum List

Back