Threshold for shamelessness

onecut39

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2008
The statement attributed to Obama that "you did not get there on your own" and incorporated into a mitt ad is without doubt probably one of the more shameful things Mitt has done. It is clipped out, totally out of context and totally misleading. The definition of a lie. It is not the most shameful but it is a part of the pile.

It is particularly vile because Mitt is criticizing the president for the very thing he himself has said in his campaign speeches. It may be the ultimate flip flop when one flips on the exact verbiage used in your own speeches.

The folks on this board have certainly lapped it up and we cannot not know that it is not a lie. That is the question Maddow asks. Where does it all end? At what point are the candidates brought up short and made responsible for outright lies? At what point do we, their supporters begin, to wretch in disgust?

Apparently everyone finds this A OK, shucking their moral responsibility and what few principles remain with the standard statement of "They do it too!", as if that is the ultimate disclaimer for reprehensible acts.

As the old saying went, "We have met the enemy and they are us". We don't seem to mind that we are sinking to ever greater depths to gain our own advantage, perhaps thinking that when it is all over and we have won we can climb out of the slime as shining examples of virtue.

Nope the slime stays. It is hard to govern a whole nation when only half will forgive your immorality

Maddow blasts Romney for ‘brazenly empirically false’ ads | The Raw Story.

The statement attributed to Obama that "you did not get there on your own" and incorporated into a mitt ad is without doubt probably one of the more shameful things Mitt has done. It is clipped out, totally out of context and totally misleading. The definition of a lie. It is not the most shameful but it is a part of the pile.

It is particularly vile because Mitt is criticizing the president for the very thing he himself has said in his campaign speeches. It may be the ultimate flip flop when one flips on the exact verbiage used in your own speeches.

The folks on this board have certainly lapped it up and we cannot not know that it is not a lie. That is the question Maddow asks. Where does it all end? At what point are the candidates brought up short and made responsible for outright lies? At what point do we, their supporters begin, to wretch in disgust?

Apparently everyone finds this A OK, shucking their moral responsibility and what few principles remain with the standard statement of "They do it too!", as if that is the ultimate disclaimer for reprehensible acts.

As the old saying went, "We have met the enemy and they are us". We don't seem to mind that we are sinking to ever greater depths to gain our own advantage, perhaps thinking that when it is all over and we have won we can climb out of the slime as shining examples of virtue.

Nope the slime stays. It is hard to govern a whole nation when only half will forgive your immorality

On the other hand, when taken in context, it's worse for Obama. The entire speech was shameful and deserves to be made an example of the stark difference between Obama's collectivist thinking and the way most Americans treasure individual accomplishment.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Well, I most certainly didn't get to 15 Trillion Dollar deficits on my own either. I'm thinking the Gov't might of helped out a little there.

he did nearly the same thing earlier in his campaign.

mitt lies for political gain.

its what he does

Doesn't everyone? They couldn't do it without us. They couldn't do it without the media. They couldn't do it without the two tier moral system we have.

I always found it odd that the more one shouts for virtue the more corruption is permitted in quest of that virtue

Here is Ezra Klien whining about the ad.

Mitt Romney’s misleading attack ad

This is Ezra "I've got my head so far up Chris Matthews Ass, his dick has my face on it" Klein.

His case is pathetic and meaningless. He's crying foul where there isn't one.

Obama said it....Get over it.

BTW: Ezra, they didn't edit anything. They quoted what they quoted in full. You lying bastard. You are the one who is misleading people.

On the other hand, when taken in context, it's worse for Obama. The entire speech was shameful and deserves to be made an example of the stark difference between Obama's collectivist thinking and the way most Americans treasure individual accomplishment.

The speech, taken without alteration ,is almost identical in content to speeches made by Romney.

I am not talking about unedited speeches. We are talking about editing speeches into fairy tales that never happened. Plain and simple lies.

If the speech is such a bad example it should need no editing.

is he a felon?

It's wrong for "We the People" to ever think in terms of 'we' instead of 'me'?

Show us where the context makes it worse for Obama, or shut up and go away.

Well, I most certainly didn't get to 15 Trillion Dollar deficits on my own either. I'm thinking the Gov't might of helped out a little there.

This thread is not about government. It is about you and how much you will bend your moral standards to accept your candidates lies.

The speech, taken without alteration ,is almost identical in content to speeches made by Romney.

I am not talking about unedited speeches. We are talking about editing speeches into fairy tales that never happened. Plain and simple lies.

If the speech is such a bad example it should need no editing.

The speech wasn't altered. They didn't show the whole thing...but what they showed, they showed in tact.

I'm not going to debate why they should show or not show the rest. They showed what they showed and what they left out didn't alter the meaning any more...if anything when I read the rest of it, I get even more pissed.

Maybe Romney should have left it in there.

This is Ezra "I've got my head so far up Chris Matthews Ass, his dick has my face on it" Klein.

BTW: Ezra, they didn't edit anything. They quoted what they quoted in full. You lying bastard. You are the one who is misleading people.

Obama's speech is online. Compare it to the ad. Then try to twist your morality into accetance.

This is not even new. The first ad Romney ran against Obama was based on a clipped quote that changed the entire context.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjco41RIthw]Misleading Romney Ad Draws Criticism for Distorting Obama's Words - YouTube[/ame]

They cut out that Obama was quoting McCain and made it look like it was Obama's statement.

You run on lies when you don't have any useful truth available. That is what the Romney campaign is doing.

Fallacy you asswipe.

We can mean the 60,000 people of the city I live in, the 750,000 people of the county I live in or the 3,000,0000 people in the state I live in.

It does not have to mean (and in fact was never really meant to mean beyond just keeping our borders in tact and regulating our foreign affairs) the 310,000,000 people of this country.

"We the People" bound together for a very limited reason. If the people in my neighborhood want to build a park....we don't need Harry Ried telling us how to do it.

Obama's speech is online. Compare it to the ad. Then try to twist your morality into accetance.

I've seen it dickweed and the message is the same. It all comes across the same.

He said it....deal with it.

Boiking could get caught in bed with the proverbial dead woman, live boy, or a bag full of double Whoppers with cheez and you still wouldn't pull out head out of his ass.

Shut up and go away.

The speech is available verbatim. The ad is available verbatim. Romney's speech is available verbatim.

I refer you to my tagline

Boiking could get caught in bed with the proverbial dead woman, live boy, or a bag full of double Whoppers with cheez and you still wouldn't pull out head out of his ass.

Shut up and go away.

Stupidity can be funny, yours is more annoying.

Forum List

Back