Three scientists share Turing Award for artificial intelligence.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

Turing Award Won by 3 Pioneers in Artificial Intelligence

The Turing Award, which was introduced in 1966, is often called the Nobel Prize of computing, and it includes a $1 million prize, which the three scientists will share.

This allows many artificial intelligence technologies to progress at a rate that was not possible in the past. Rather than coding behavior into systems by hand — one logical rule at a time — computer scientists can build technology that learns behavior largely on its own.

—————

Incredible! Imagine that, an award that is considered the Nobel prize of computing named after a gay man.

To me, that’s the big story. It’s no wonder Republicans hate science.

Makes you wonder what other enormous achievements and contributions gays have made to society.

And building machines that actually want to learn? I can think of an entire political party that thinks college is bad for America.

With all these innovations, education and science should be mandatory for American children.

The Turing Award, which was introduced in 1966, is often called the Nobel Prize of computing, and it includes a $1 million prize, which the three scientists will share.

This allows many artificial intelligence technologies to progress at a rate that was not possible in the past. Rather than coding behavior into systems by hand — one logical rule at a time — computer scientists can build technology that learns behavior largely on its own.

—————

Incredible! Imagine that, an award that is considered the Nobel prize of computing named after a gay man.

Makes you wonder what other enormous achievements and contributions gays have made to society.

And building machines that actually want to learn? I can think of an entire political party that thinks college is bad for America.

With all these innovations, education and science should be mandatory for American children.

Rdean, there is no cure

—————

Wonderful

they found a way to clone politicians...

upload_2019-3-27_14-25-29.jpeg

Wait till they replicate Deanrd as an AI.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

—————

Whatever awards they hand out now will never make up for the torment they foisted upon Turing in his life. A debt that can never be repaid, considering the guy practically won WWII for us.

Wow. An award that is 53 years old, named for Alan Turing (a fucking genius) from the word go, and you're just now getting around to being impressed and considering it a 'big story"? Really?

I don't think so... you're just finding a story to use as a cudgel with which you can attempt to attack those with whom you disagree politically. You don't give two shits about who the award is named for..

Last edited:
  • Banned
Wow. An award that is 53 years old, named for Alan Turing (a fucking genius) from the word go, and you're just now getting around to being impressed and considering it a 'big story"? Really?

I don't think so... you're just finding a story to use as a cudgel with which you can attempt to attack those with whom you disagree politically. You don't give two shits about who the award is named for..
I've posted stories about Turing before.

And these are the states where Turing would have been fired if he worked there:

Here’s Everywhere In The U.S. You Can Still Get Fired For Being Gay Or Trans

Notice, some red states have a law that blocks ANY gay rights laws from being passed.

Forum List

Back