Thousands of Low Temperature records about to be broken across US.

"CLOSE to record lows"? So, NOT record lows? So, it's gotten colder in the past? So, this is definitely within normal variation. Right? Right. And what is driving this polar air down here? Is it the world cooling off? No. Is it from a decreasing differential between the equator and poles? Very likely yes. And what is causing that reduction in differential? Global warming.
The earth is going through a post glacial warming period. Has nothing to do with anything humans are doing.

Environmental wackos are science deniers that never seem to understand that. All they have are shit in shit out computer models and a silly ass correlation based upon fraudulent and cherry picked proxy data.

In another 30K years we will have another major ice age. If we have the same number of people on earth then as we have now that will probably cause the decline of 3/4ths or more of the population. Between now and then the earth will gradually get warmer but there will be periods of mini ice ages.

It is going to get down into the 20s at night this weekend here in Central Florida and that is rare. This will be the coldest Christmas in several decades. Not the coldest on record but damn close and certainly unusual.

"CLOSE to record lows"? So, NOT record lows? So, it's gotten colder in the past? So, this is definitely within normal variation. Right? Right. And what is driving this polar air down here? Is it the world cooling off? No. Is it from a decreasing differential between the equator and poles? Very likely yes. And what is causing that reduction in differential? Global warming.
I don't think you understand your own statement here. but thanks for admitting it is colder in florida and not warming.

The earth is going through a post glacial warming period. Has nothing to do with anything humans are doing.

Environmental wackos are science deniers that never seem to understand that. All they have are shit in shit out computer models and a silly ass correlation based upon fraudulent and cherry picked proxy data.

In another 30K years we will have another major ice age. If we have the same number of people on earth then as we have now that will probably cause the decline of 3/4ths or more of the population. Between now and then the earth will gradually get warmer but there will be periods of mini ice ages.

It is going to get down into the 20s at night this weekend here in Central Florida and that is rare. This will be the coldest Christmas in several decades. Not the coldest on record but damn close and certainly unusual.
yep, says how this occurs right here:

The Milankovitch cycle controls climate on earth, not my gas guzzling Tundra pick up truck
I got a hoot from the article from Maliverno within that that says the Milankovitch cycle is not causing global warming today. How the fk contradicting can an author be to say what the cycle is and then say it isn't doing it today! Like all of the sudden what, the earth stopped tilting and the planets all stopped having a gravity affect on our spin? Dude, I don't think one could make up any better garbage word salad than that right there. I just laugh out loud.

Climate change deniers like to argue that our planet would warm up no matter what, even without the greenhouse gas emissions that humankind is releasing into Earth's atmosphere.

Maliverno, however, says that the geological record doesn't suggest that this would be the case.

"There have been several campaigns in the past when researchers drilled into the Antarctic ice sheets and took samples from deep below the surface, reaching layers that are up to 800,000 years old," Maliverno said. "They analyzed the concentrations of carbon dioxide trapped in those layers. There are tiny air bubbles in the ice, essentially samples of the atmosphere as it was back then, and they found that even during the interglacials, the maximum amount of carbon dioxide was nowhere near the amount that we see today."

Moreover, Maliverno added, computer modeling studies that tried to reproduce the current climate change using only natural variables, such as the Milankovitch cycles, couldn't match the rate of warming we see today.

It is almost winter. And as The Hippy Dippy Weatherman might say, “turning colder toward winter and warmer by spring.”

Still, this is a bit colder than expected for autumn in the age of AGW.

Don’t you just hate those “paradoxical effects” of AGW where everything constitute “proof” of AGW?
I use a calibrated weather rock..

Moreover, Maliverno added, computer modeling studies that tried to reproduce the current climate change using only natural variables, such as the Milankovitch cycles, couldn't match the rate of warming we see today.
Of course the data that they use to make that determination is proxy and quite often we find out that it is either fraudulent or cherry picked. Very unreliable from people that admitted that they do it.

Of course the data that they use to make that determination is proxy and quite often we find out that it is either fraudulent or cherry picked. Very unreliable from people that admitted that they do it.
bad input data will provide bad outputs.

I saw that Seattle had snow that started Tuesday!!!!!

Maybe it's taking the filth and degradation of the city and covering it and softening it.

Thanks. Here's my favorite Seattle winter picture. I don't remember the year it was taken, but it was back before Seattle crashed.

Bon Marche Star.jpg

I got a hoot from the article from Maliverno within that that says the Milankovitch cycle is not causing global warming today. How the fk contradicting can an author be to say what the cycle is and then say it isn't doing it today! Like all of the sudden what, the earth stopped tilting and the planets all stopped having a gravity affect on our spin? Dude, I don't think one could make up any better garbage word salad than that right there. I just laugh out loud.

Climate change deniers like to argue that our planet would warm up no matter what, even without the greenhouse gas emissions that humankind is releasing into Earth's atmosphere.

Maliverno, however, says that the geological record doesn't suggest that this would be the case.

"There have been several campaigns in the past when researchers drilled into the Antarctic ice sheets and took samples from deep below the surface, reaching layers that are up to 800,000 years old," Maliverno said. "They analyzed the concentrations of carbon dioxide trapped in those layers. There are tiny air bubbles in the ice, essentially samples of the atmosphere as it was back then, and they found that even during the interglacials, the maximum amount of carbon dioxide was nowhere near the amount that we see today."

I was debating some friends at the Atmospheric lab in Colorado, and I ask them this very point. How did you stop all natural variation factors? Stunned silence... It was hilarious... They admitted they were wrong without having to say a word. Now we simply ask them if they have ruled out all natural drivers as CO2's expected reaction is dependent on knowing what it can really do.

You hit the nail on the head JC.

I was debating some friends at the Atmospheric lab in Colorado, and I ask them this very point. How did you stop all natural variation factors? Stunned silence... It was hilarious... They admitted they were wrong without having to say a word. Now we simply ask them if they have ruled out all natural drivers as CO2's expected reaction is dependent on knowing what it can really do.

You hit the nail on the head JC.
It's the main reason I can't accept the AGW hoax. They haven't proved the earth stopped spinning and jet streams are now from CO2.

The climate models that these wackos use are often shit in - shit out.

The shit in is the fraudulent or cherry picked proxy data. The shit out is what they are getting paid to produce.
Thas just it. These models require the mid tropospheric hot spot to be valid. This hot spot should not allow a storm of this magnitude to form and affect the northern hemisphere. Not one of those models follows random distribution that would be required in a buffered system as the earth is.

Meh

The cold don't bother me all that much

A couple Christmas ago we had a white Christmas in Tennessee...6 inches is like a blizzard here ...you'd be surprised how many cars got stuck or slid off the road .....the damn Yankee in me found it entertaining

We're looking at minus 0 this week ...they're not used to that kind of cold ... regularly in winter it does get cold like 30 degrees so many have fire places an what not

Weeellll, my 75 year old self is not liking the cold like I used to. My body can't regulate its temperature like it used to.

I had to clear a 30 foot path to the garage of four feet of snow.

Used to take a couple of hours. This time it took the whole damned day!

I might have to buy me a snow blower.

Weeellll, my 75 year old self is not liking the cold like I used to. My body can't regulate its temperature like it used to.

I had to clear a 30 foot path to the garage of four feet of snow.

Used to take a couple of hours. This time it took the whole damned day!

I might have to buy me a snow blower.
That was one of the largest drops in physical temperatures, inside 75 minuets, I have ever personally witnessed. +36 degrees F and now -16 degrees F. A 52-degree temp change in 75 minutes. It was very windy and a normal Wyoming morning. It then went silent and the temperature plummeted. The temp is continuing to drop as the mass around us cools.

It wasn't anywhere near the biggest drop of 100 degrees F. But it was very near one of the fastest drops on record.

Extreme Short-Duration Temperature Changes in the U.S. | Weather Underground (wunderground.com)

Forum List

Back