Those WI dairy farmers will have to throw milk away.

Milk is one of the best foods that anyone can eat/drink.

it contains everything you need for a quick snack until the next full meal of meat, carbs, vegies, and fruit.

As civilization grew out of hunter/gatherer clans, the dairy industry grew in the form of a cow or goat or two right next to plowing fields and planting seeds.

Drumpf stating 'Amuhrca first' is raw meat for his followers but Canada saying 'Canada first' is evil?

Again, conservatives don't understand how economies work. They love the 'theory' but the real life application is what f'ks with their heads.

But it's not just milk but milk products too.......butter, cottage cheese, whipping cream, yogurt, keifer, other cheeses, sour cream, etc...it would be nice, if by supply & demand driven costs, we could keep more of it to bring down the costs of milk products.

How can this be, when Trump said he'd negotiate the best trade deals ever?

Can someone list all those great trade deals he negotiated? Because I only see things getting worse.

I'm buying a cow.
I shall name her Fuck Canada

I don't know why he didn't write an executive order to Buy American, oh wait he did,

yet he is not demanding Wisconsin’s Grassland Dairy Products to buy American, but instead is going to

have a heart to heart with Canada.

If you're not an infant, you shouldn't be drinking milk anyway.
WTF? lol

No other animal drinks milk past infancy and humans didn't either until the 20th century. All it does is make you fat.
Don't blame milk for you being fat. lol

I'm not fat. I don't consume shit like that
I drink a lot of milk and I'm not fat.

WASHINGTON—Holy cow, he’s now coming after us.

U.S. President Donald Trump slammed Canada’s trade practices for the first time, vowing to call Canadian officials to demand changes to dairy policies Wisconsin farmers say threaten their livelihoods.

“We are also going to stand up for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin. And I’ve been reading about it, I’ve been talking about it for a long time, and that demands, really, immediately, fair trade, with all of our trading partners. And that includes Canada,” he said Tuesday, raising his voice to emphasize the country.

“Because in Canada, some very unfair things have happened to our dairy farmers and others.”

Snip

At the beginning of April, Wisconsin’s Grassland Dairy Products informed 75 local farms that it would no longer purchase their milk. Grassland said it made the decision because it had just lost tens of millions of dollars worth of Canadian business as a result of the policy change in Canada.

The Canadian dairy industry, tightly regulated under a system of “supply management,” has long been protected from foreign competition by tariffs on imports. But ultrafiltered milk from the U.S. had been allowed to enter Canada tariff-free, and Canadian processors often preferred to import rather than pay higher prices to buy from Canadians.

A year ago, though, Ontario changed the rules: it allowed local processors to buy ultrafiltered milk and other kinds of skim milk from Canadian farms at world prices rather than the higher Canadian prices. All of a sudden, the need for U.S. imports evaporated.

Canada is now adopting a similar policy across the country, further alarming the U.S. industry already beset by a supply glut. In Wisconsin, some of the family farmers say they will have to sell off their cows if they can’t quickly find another processor.

Donald Trump sours on Canada over ‘very unfair’ milk policy | Toronto Star

Also:

What the Canada-EU Deal Means for the Future of Trade (CETA)
What the Canada-EU Deal Means for the Future of Trade

How dare Canada to do this, why wouldn't Canadian put the US first?? I mean my gosh. Trump was going to get rid of NAFTA anyway. Buy American executive order which Trump just signed didn't really help any negotiations and really puts whatever he has to say to Canada at a lost, and to be frank , is Ivanka buying American made products ? and he has never bought American products. What really can he say?? He has no leg to stand on.
Nobody throws milk away.

You just sell it to the next highest bidder.

How can this be, when Trump said he'd negotiate the best trade deals ever?

Can someone list all those great trade deals he negotiated? Because I only see things getting worse.
Only one good thing but it outweighs everything else --

Neil Gorsuch was seated as the new SCOTUS justice.

Now we have a balanced court again with Kennedy as the swing voting tie breaker.

WASHINGTON—Holy cow, he’s now coming after us.

U.S. President Donald Trump slammed Canada’s trade practices for the first time, vowing to call Canadian officials to demand changes to dairy policies Wisconsin farmers say threaten their livelihoods.

“We are also going to stand up for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin. And I’ve been reading about it, I’ve been talking about it for a long time, and that demands, really, immediately, fair trade, with all of our trading partners. And that includes Canada,” he said Tuesday, raising his voice to emphasize the country.

“Because in Canada, some very unfair things have happened to our dairy farmers and others.”

Snip

At the beginning of April, Wisconsin’s Grassland Dairy Products informed 75 local farms that it would no longer purchase their milk. Grassland said it made the decision because it had just lost tens of millions of dollars worth of Canadian business as a result of the policy change in Canada.

The Canadian dairy industry, tightly regulated under a system of “supply management,” has long been protected from foreign competition by tariffs on imports. But ultrafiltered milk from the U.S. had been allowed to enter Canada tariff-free, and Canadian processors often preferred to import rather than pay higher prices to buy from Canadians.

A year ago, though, Ontario changed the rules: it allowed local processors to buy ultrafiltered milk and other kinds of skim milk from Canadian farms at world prices rather than the higher Canadian prices. All of a sudden, the need for U.S. imports evaporated.

Canada is now adopting a similar policy across the country, further alarming the U.S. industry already beset by a supply glut. In Wisconsin, some of the family farmers say they will have to sell off their cows if they can’t quickly find another processor.

Donald Trump sours on Canada over ‘very unfair’ milk policy | Toronto Star

Also:

What the Canada-EU Deal Means for the Future of Trade (CETA)
What the Canada-EU Deal Means for the Future of Trade

How dare Canada to do this, why wouldn't Canadian put the US first?? I mean my gosh. Trump was going to get rid of NAFTA anyway. Buy American executive order which Trump just signed didn't really help any negotiations and really puts whatever he has to say to Canada at a lost, and to be frank , is Ivanka buying American made products ? and he has never bought American products. What really can he say?? He has no leg to stand on.

Actually, milk is really not that good for you, so those guys should sell their cows and put in wind farms anyway. Whew, problem solved.

If you're not an infant, you shouldn't be drinking milk anyway.
WTF? lol

No other animal drinks milk past infancy and humans didn't either until the 20th century. All it does is make you fat.
No other animal uses fire and cooks food either, Earth Boy.
MV5BMTkyMDc5NjMwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODA4OTI3NzE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Forum List

Back