This 'Wiretap' Thing Is Going To Blowback On Dems

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Kondracke is hardly conservative:

http://realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-12_23_05_MK.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,209
    Whoever doesn't realize by now that this whole thing is just more crap from the left in their ever going attempt to bring this President down, fueled by their burning HATE for him, must have their head buried up their.... posterior orifice....

[​IMG]

I'd think the left should HOPE there ISN'T hearings, because if there is, they'll be the ones that leave with a black eye... as usual.

3. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    When this type of thing happens, I get very frustrated.

For instance, they let the Patriot Act lapse (OK... we get another month... whatever)

Why is the GOP acting like a bunch of eunuchs for the Democratic Party? Who is in charge?

Sure, the wiretap thing will blow over.... but....

Sure, we're doing great in Iraq.... but.....

Sure, the economy is doing swell.... but....

I wonder if we elected a bunch of milquetoasts to Congress... and if so, why should I vote for these clowns?

4. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    cmon now PR,,,posting pictures of our liberal posters isnt nice!

PSSSSSssss, I want a full frontal head shot to see if thats Maxi pad, mariner, confident or psychoBOOO HOOOS

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/22/AR2005122201102.html

6. Mariner

Mariner Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    so scared of terrorism that you're willing to let Big Brother tap your phone and read your email with zero probable cause and no need of a legal review?

How would it have hurt Bush to have the wiretaps reviewed by the judge within three days, just so someone, at least, was keeping an eye on Big Brother?

Already, we've learned that the supposedly international-only monitoring was in fact domestic at times (they're claiming computer error).

Where are the libertarian Republicans on this board? Where are the people who believe in a small, unintrusive government? Is everyone here simply in support of everything George Bush does? Has no one noticed that many Republican Senators' stomachs have gotten a bit upset over this wiretapping business? For once, I'd love to hear one of the regulars take an alternative Republican point of view than Bush's.

Mariner.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Only from a 20 some year dolt. I could care less for myself, but would like my kids and unborn progeny to have a chance. You don't get it, they mean to kill YOU! Not me. I'm old and no threat. You however, you are sweet pickings. You think you are atheist, sorry, no can do. Agnostic may be worse. Christian-but willing to sell out quick? regular slave, no hard time. Wanna fight? Cool, hard labor. :mm:

8. nbdysfu

nbdysfu Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29

I'm not so afraid of being wiretapped [which won't happen, because I don't make calls to Afghanistan] that I'd rather see 3,000 more of my countrymen, innocents, molecularized or jump to their deaths.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    well, if my life is so interesting to them, so be it that they listen, then. I am on here more often than I am actually on a phone. Even then, I am usually using my nextel 2-way talking to Tim, and many times, that conversation can be heard by all, if I am on the speaker itself.

Any other time, I am talking briefly to family members or friends on my home line. If me complaining about my job and co-workers, or talking to my physical therapist, or whatever, is something they want to listen to, then they are not doing a good job of protecting the country and should be fired.

The people doing the taps, are doing so only to those that would yield results, because they have already been suspected. If they get your line in error, they will realize it, and move on. The feds really don't care about your sordid affairs. All they care about is whether or not you are planning or aiding in terrorism.

10. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I fall into that group; but when you're engaged in a war, that changes things somewhat, don't you think? You do recognize that we're in a war, don't you, Mariner? I'm for giving President Bush all the powers he needs to make mincemeat out of the goddamned terrorists, or "revolutionaries" or "insurrectionists" as your side so fondly calls them. Name me one ordinary American who has been eavesdropped on under the provisions of the Patriot Act. Either put up or shut up, Chicken Little.