This will make you happy Paulie

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Sources: Cliff Lee to rejoin Philadelphia Phillies - ESPN

Pitcher Cliff Lee has reached an agreement on a deal with the Philadelphia Phillies late Monday night, a team source told ESPNDallas.com's Richard Durrett.

Lee's agent informed the New York Yankees and Texas Rangers that they're out of the running for the free agent left-hander.

ESPN's Buster Olney confirmed that the Yankees received word late Monday that they're no longer in the picture for Lee, while Durrett confirmed that the Rangers have also been eliminated from the Lee sweepstakes.

Arkansas boy right there. My brother has a signed rookie card. Not that cards are worth what they once were; but he'll never sale it anyway.

GO FORMER HOGS

The best thing about this signing is...

epic-Yankees-fail.jpg

And now for some unknown reason we have traded for Joe Blanton.

I'm very puzzled on this one.

He took like 30 mil LESS to come here than go to NY! :lol:

So barring injuries, is there really even any reason to play the season out now? :lol:

I always had a feeling that we might have been secretly looking at Lee considering it was pretty obvious we weren't going to sign Werth.

I gotta hand it to Reuben Amaro. He obviously paid attention to Pat Gillick's TPS reports.

He took like 30 mil LESS to come here than go to NY! :lol:

I respect Cliff Lee for said decision.

If I was a MLB player and was traded to the Yankees, I would retire.

The other thing that I would do is have a clause put in my contract that my uniform number would be #3, and any change in uniform number without my approval would give me a $10 million bonus and then void my contract.

:lol:

Forum List

Back