THIS was the Afghan Air Force!!!!WTF!!!!

Wrong again.

I also served on a destroyer tender, two guided missile cruisers, a conventional aircraft carrier, and an amphibious assault carrier.

Lemme guess, you were the 3rd mess server from the left on all of them. And you served each and every working sailor

In an F-4, the back-seater was the Radar-Intercept Operator (RIO) who ran the weapons' systems.

Already discussed.

The Navy version, that is indeed true. Only the pilot was an actual "pilot", the only controls were in the front.

In the Air Force version, they were all dual control. And for several years it was a pilot and the "Guy in Back".

Most people in the world don't live 50 years after some event.

Attributing peoples c to the atomic bombings that long after the fact is ridiculous.

Check out Matthew Whites online Atlas of the 20th century for more on this.

Thank you for demonstrating how history can cover things up in a short term. It's another method of rewriting history.

Already discussed.

The Navy version, that is indeed true. Only the pilot was an actual "pilot", the only controls were in the front.

In the Air Force version, they were all dual control. And for several years it was a pilot and the "Guy in Back".

When I did my check ride (no I am not a pilot) in a F-4, I sat in the front while the pilot sat in the rear during a FCF. It helped keep the "Terror" at maximum.

Attributing peoples c to the atomic bombings that long after the fact is ridiculous.

What I found interesting was the vagueness in that report.

Among the long-term effects suffered by atomic bomb survivors, the most deadly was leukemia. An increase in leukemia appeared about two years after the attacks and peaked around four to six years later.

By what percentage?

The Radiation Effects Research Foundation estimates the attributable risk of leukemia to be 46% for bomb victims.

As compared to what, exactly? 46% of the population? A 46% increase above average? They do not say, just throwing out a number and forcing us to assume what they are trying to say.

For all other cancers, incidence increase did not appear until around ten years after the attacks. The increase was first noted in 1956 and soon after tumor registries were started in both Hiroshima and Nagasaki to collect data on the excess cancer risks caused by the radiation exposure.

Once again, what was the increase? 10%? 40%? .2%? They do not say at all. And compared to what, the population of Japan, or against the same population prior to 1945?

The study estimated the attributable rate of radiation exposure to solid cancer to be significantly lower than that for leukemia—10.7%.

10.7% of what? Once again, baseline, or increase, or ???

Nearly seventy years after the bombings occurred, most of the generation that was alive during the attack has passed away. Now much more attention has turned to the children born to the survivors. Regarding individuals who had been exposed to radiation before birth (in utero), studies have shown that exposure led to increases in small head size and mental disability, as well as impairment in physical growth. Persons exposed in utero were also found to have a lower increase in cancer rate than survivors who were children at the time of the attack.

Once again, just tossing out a statement, without giving actual numbers.

And as usual, I decided that I should vette this group, and see if they had any obvious bias or slant. And indeed, it is obvious in their own listing of their history, and their goals.

While teaching Frontiers of Science, a required freshman science course, Emlyn Hughes, Professor of Physics at Columbia University, became increasingly aware of the connection between the dangers of nuclear proliferation and the scientific foundation of nuclear energy.

Now is the critical moment for decision making on the issues of civilian nuclear energy, disarmament, and proliferation. Only through educated and sophisticated discussion can we be sure that the choices made today will not lead to regret tomorrow—the present has the opportunity and the responsibility to ensure a bright future.

So yes, interesting, but of no factual information. All written by a group against nuclear weapons and power.

President Biden (and many others) have loved to point out that the "Afghanistan had an Air Force" in constrast to the Taliban. This to drive home their point about the Afghans not being willing to fight.

By simply saying the "Afghans have an Air Force" is implies and brings forth the imagery and idea that the Afghans have ranks of B-52s and A-10s available to pounce on the Taliban.

In reality this was the Afghan Air Force.

Not a single jet powered or multi engined combat aircraft in the lot.

Indeed, about the ONLY fixed wing combat aircraft is the Super Tucano. A single engined propeller driven aircraft that would be hideously vulnerable even to regular rifle fire.

Yet someone these handful of relics people expect to stand off tens of thousands of fanatical Taliban.

Ummmm, all the Migs are jet powered you idiot. But, I understand, you have to cover for bidums fuck up.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Salt...Start. Old brain cells. But the B-1 was no longer Nuclear configured and still isn't. Not to say that they can't have the proper racks and software uploaded easy enough.

But it can be returned to nuke capable in a few days.

It ain't hard.

And how many hundreds of thousands virtually died over the next 50 years.

None. There were Australian POW's within 2 miles of ground zero. They are the most heavily monitored group in the world getting check ups every three months.

They suffered the same rates of cancer as the general population.

Gamma radiation is the only significant killer.. the Alpha and Beta particles are stopped by a sheet of paper.. if You ingest them it is more likely you will die from heavy metal poisoning long before you die from radiation sickness.

Gamma though, if you are around anything with a short half life you are getting bombarded by Gamma radiation. That will kill you very quickly.

Stay away from that zone for a few months so that the high energy, short half life isotopes can devolve to their daughter éléments and you are fine.

What I found interesting was the vagueness in that report.

By what percentage?

As compared to what, exactly? 46% of the population? A 46% increase above average? They do not say, just throwing out a number and forcing us to assume what they are trying to say.

Once again, what was the increase? 10%? 40%? .2%? They do not say at all. And compared to what, the population of Japan, or against the same population prior to 1945?

10.7% of what? Once again, baseline, or increase, or ???

Once again, just tossing out a statement, without giving actual numbers.

And as usual, I decided that I should vette this group, and see if they had any obvious bias or slant. And indeed, it is obvious in their own listing of their history, and their goals.

So yes, interesting, but of no factual information. All written by a group against nuclear weapons and power.

Won't giving them a brand new Chevrolet at about $60,000 each be just a bit expensive?

I think you mean "vet". :abgg2q.jpg:

Ummmm, all the Migs are jet powered you idiot. But, I understand, you have to cover for bidums fuck up.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Migs were not provided by the United States. and I loathe Biden. But I hate overstatements and exaggerations to be made about anyone.

Why are you discussing MiGs? The Taliban do not have any as the Afghans got rid of them years ago.

No, they still have them. Inoperable at the moment, but a good A&P can get them flying again. Bidum gave them enough tradeable material to do it.

Forum List

Back