This war on terrorism is bogus

Michael Meacher: This war on terrorism is bogus | Politics | The Guardian

Massive attention has now been given - and rightly so - to the reasons why Britain went to war against Iraq. But far too little attention has focused on why the US went to war, and that throws light on British motives too. The conventional explanation is that after the Twin Towers were hit, retaliation against al-Qaida bases in Afghanistan was a natural first step in launching a global war against terrorism. Then, because Saddam Hussein was alleged by the US and UK governments to retain weapons of mass destruction, the war could be extended to Iraq as well. However this theory does not fit all the facts. The truth may be a great deal murkier.
We now know that a blueprint for the creation of a global Pax Americana was drawn up for Dick Cheney (now vice-president), Donald Rumsfeld (defence secretary), Paul Wolfowitz (Rumsfeld's deputy), Jeb Bush (George Bush's younger brother) and Lewis Libby (Cheney's chief of staff). The document, entitled Rebuilding America's Defences, was written in September 2000 by the neoconservative think tank, Project for the New American Century (PNAC).

The plan shows Bush's cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power. It says "while the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein."

The PNAC blueprint supports an earlier document attributed to Wolfowitz and Libby which said the US must "discourage advanced industrial nations from challenging our leadership or even aspiring to a larger regional or global role". It refers to key allies such as the UK as "the most effective and efficient means of exercising American global leadership". It describes peacekeeping missions as "demanding American political leadership rather than that of the UN". It says "even should Saddam pass from the scene", US bases in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait will remain permanently... as "Iran may well prove as large a threat to US interests as Iraq has". It spotlights China for "regime change", saying "it is time to increase the presence of American forces in SE Asia".

Edited for Copyright.

Please, only include a small portion of an article.

Shouldn't this be in conspiracy theories?
No it would make them look paranoid and crazy.

Excuses, excuses, excuses, you haven't refuted anything yet, Princess....:D

Until then everything you have said and say is meaningless, go camp somewhere else, Princess.....:D

Still evading eh, Achmed? Kinda figured you would. Don't worry. Is it too late for evening prayers? Mecca is that way----------->

Evading your meaningless posts? Yet zero refuted by you still......:D

Meaningless? Yeah, you and I both know better......... :thup:

Notice how these incidents, not only these also many sectarian incidents happened after the war, but this article was of the events prior where this kind of violence wasn't prevalent in Iraq before the instability and the 'surge'.

"This violance" is perpatrated by muslims.. Yeah Saddam kept order by killing 300,000 people:eusa_eh:

Chaldeans didn't mind Saddam, Saddam kept all tribes from fighting each other. They were free under Saddam. Everyone's aware Al Qaeda has killed Muslims and Chaldeans, that's not the point of the discussion though....:cuckoo:

Thank you....Thats called terrorism and that's what we fight

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKZqqSI9-s]September 11, 2001 - As It Happened - The South Tower Attack - YouTube[/ame]

Jroc, you're full of crap, Iraq never had instability before the Iraq War which wasn't due to 9/11, it was for regime change and so called WMD's, but the real truth is mentioned in this article. Not everyone's naive.

"This violance" is perpatrated by muslims.. Yeah Saddam kept order by killing 300,000 people:eusa_eh:

Chaldeans didn't mind Saddam, Saddam kept all tribes from fighting each other. They were free under Saddam. Everyone's aware Al Qaeda has killed Muslims and Chaldeans, that's not the point of the discussion though....:cuckoo:

Thank you....Thats called terrorism and that's what we fight

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKZqqSI9-s]September 11, 2001 - As It Happened - The South Tower Attack - YouTube[/ame]

Actually he didn't spin this one. Saddam did protect the Chaldeans from, mostly Shiites, who were persecuting them. He used a language that has been respected and accepted in that culture for hundreds of years, raw Machiavellian power. If I remember correctly he had 100 Shiites rounded up and executed on one of the bridges as a public display. The persecution of the Chaldeans stopped.

Jroc, you're full of crap, Iraq never had instability before the Iraq War which wasn't due to 9/11, it was for regime change and so called WMD's, but the real truth is mentioned in this article. Not everyone's naive.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JayQbGp0tdM]The Evil Of Saddam Sons part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp53zX2Y2BM]HALABJA - KURDISTAN - March 16th, 1988 - YouTube[/ame]

Authoritarian approach isn't what I'm talking about, back to the topic, it can resume itself with others willing to discuss it, now enough with the diverting and distractions from here on.

Authoritarian approach isn't what I'm talking about, back to the topic, it can resume itself with others willing to discuss it, now enough with the diverting and distractions from here on.

"Iraq never had instability before the Iraq War"

Maybe you can debate yourself :razz:

So you've just dismissed the article as manipulation without stating a reason. If that's your opinion, okay. Good for you.

Just because you don't like my stated reason doesn't mean the reason isn't valid....... Spin on Achmed, spin on!!!! :thup:

(Hint = the last sentence is a reminder clue.........)

You need to expand on it, simply clumping a few words together doesn't explain or refute anything yet, so you've basically proved nothing, Princess.....:D

So you've just dismissed the article as manipulation without stating a reason. If that's your opinion, okay. Good for you.

Just because you don't like my stated reason doesn't mean the reason isn't valid....... Spin on Achmed, spin on!!!! :thup:

You need to expand on it, simply clumping a few words together doesn't explain or refute anything yet, so you've basically proved nothing, Princess.....:D
Oh, I don't have to prove what's obvious Achmed, I let you do that for me. I just point it out for others to see........... :cool:

Oh, I don't have to prove what's obvious Achmed, I let you do that for me. I just point it out for others to see........... :cool:

If its so obvious you wouldn't have said anything, Princess.....:D

Just go to sleep, your posts are meaningless, Princess....:D

This thread is stupid

Just keep evading and deflecting...... it won't help, but why stop now........ Achmed the failed terrorist......

This thread is stupid

That must be why you felt the need to stop in, your distractions aren't destroying this thread, they'll be reported. But thanks for telling us you think this is stupid and you won't show up again because its so stupid.

Just keep evading and deflecting...... it won't help, but why stop now........ Achmed the failed terrorist......

Princess, just go to sleep....:D

Forum List

Back