This San Francisco start-up will 3D print your house in 24 hours and it will only cost US$10K

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is absolutely amazing really. Great innovative idea put into practice with a massive upside and potential.

This San Francisco start-up will 3D print your house in 24 hours and it will only cost US$10K

A company says its 3D-printer will print a house. Fast and cheap.

San Francisco-based Apis Cor reported on its blog that on a cold day last December it (and a number of its partners) built an entire 400 square foot house with its custom printer and it only cost US$10,000.($13,400) Oh, and it took just 24 hours to complete.

Others have claimed to build houses with 3D printers. But what makes Apis Cor’s house unique is that it wasn’t constructed from pre-printed panels that required assembly by construction workers.

The “printer” used is a giant, mobile piece of crane-like equipment that layers on cement in one continuous process, building both the internal and external structure all at once instead of in multiple parts. It’s a one-story structure but it can be constructed in just about any shape, and the company showed how it could be built in even the coldest of conditions in a YouTube video.

Contractors worrying about their jobs shouldn’t panic . . . yet. Once all the walls are put together, those workers are then needed to do everything else — like installing windows and the roof, plus painting, insulating and putting in appliances, according to this report in Quartz. A finished test house that the company built with a partner in Russia is “cozy and comfortable” and includes “a hall, a bathroom, a living room and a compact functional kitchen with the most modern appliances from Samsung company,” Apis Cor’s blog boasts.

Awesome!! I have a small 3D printer I tinker with. The technology is amazing.

Right now money is tight, I'd love to own one and mess around with it. The possibilities are endless with those it seems.

Right now money is tight, I'd love to own one and mess around with it. The possibilities are endless with those it seems.
They are a lot of fun. You can make all sorts of things for use around the house (toothbrush and razor holder, etc...) my Micro cost just under $400.

They are a lot of fun. You can make all sorts of things for use around the house (toothbrush and razor holder, etc...) my Micro cost just under $400.
I also printed replacement blades for my DJI drone.

Forum List

Back