This Romney did too excuse

IHBF

Rookie
Jul 5, 2010
is bullshit.

Someone smart tell us what kind of logical fallacy it is.

Hey, don't drink and drive, it's bad. Well, you drank and drove one time.

So fucking what? Drinking and driving is still bad.

American politics is idiotic.

What a great example. They did it so we should do it do. I saw a guy the other day complaining about not being able to get a job. The waist band of his pants was down aboiut his butt and his believe is that the other do it too so I will also. It just does corelate.

What Romney did was get told by the people of Massachusettes that they wanted a mandated health plan. His job at that point was to create one. He did that. It works for Massachusettes because they only had 8% uninsured. Romney's point is that the same plan that is successful in Massachusettes wouldn't work everywhere. It wouldn't work in Arizona that has a very high percentage of uninsured illegals. It wouldn't work in California with a 20% unemployment rate. If the people of MA had said that they didn't want a mandated insurance plan, Romney would never have created one.

At least 60% of Americans, some say as high as 75% of Americans don't want the federal plan and especially don't like obama's plan. obama does it anyway because he alone knows what's best for us.

• Banned
What in the name of cogent thought are you talking about?

You're either a. Not smart or b. being coy.

I'm talking about the logical fallacy of "you did it too".

Like a killer can't tell other people that killing is wrong cause he did too.

There is a name for this fallacy. What is it?

No logical falacy

Romney is attacking Obamacare as unnecessary and unwarranted at he same time he passed a similar bill.

The logic is called hypocrisy

No logical falacy

Romney is attacking Obamacare as unnecessary and unwarranted at he same time he passed a similar bill.

Calling a Bill passed for a tiny state with a Tiny Population, by a State Government, the similar to a Bill that Effects 1/6th the US economy, and every Person living in the Country, passed by the Federal Government. Is also a Fallacy.

You guys like to Keep pointing out Obama Care was Modeled on Romney Care, but you seem to not want to look at how much Romney Care is Costing that State, and how Those Costs continue to Spiral out of control.

lol

What Romney did was get told by the people of Massachusettes that they wanted a mandated health plan. His job at that point was to create one. He did that. It works for Massachusettes because they only had 8% uninsured. Romney's point is that the same plan that is successful in Massachusettes wouldn't work everywhere. It wouldn't work in Arizona that has a very high percentage of uninsured illegals. It wouldn't work in California with a 20% unemployment rate. If the people of MA had said that they didn't want a mandated insurance plan, Romney would never have created one.

At least 60% of Americans, some say as high as 75% of Americans don't want the federal plan and especially don't like obama's plan. obama does it anyway because he alone knows what's best for us.

Don't you just love it that they totally ignore your post?

• Banned
No logical falacy

It's not hypocrisy. Nice twist.

There is a logical fallacy with argument:

A. Zweebles are evil.
B. Zoons are evil too.

So therefore...

C. Zweebles are not evil.

Some believe Romney when he talks about repeal. He means by 'repeal' let's do it my way.

Some believe Romney when he talks about repeal. He means by 'repeal' let's do it my way.

I'm not holding my breath that Romney will keep his word.

If he repeals then replaces with something that is less government intrusive and simpler I'd be much more inclined to be ok with that. Depends on exactly what it is, though.

What in the name of cogent thought are you talking about?

You're either a. Not smart or b. being coy.

I'm talking about the logical fallacy of "you did it too".

Like a killer can't tell other people that killing is wrong cause he did too.

There is a name for this fallacy. What is it?

Either Insanity or Minimization...Obfuscating?

If he repeals then replaces with something that is less government intrusive and simpler I'd be much more inclined to be ok with that. Depends on exactly what it is, though.

I'd be for Government getting OUT of the business all together.

Everything Government touches/manipulates/meddles in winds up getting screwed up.

Govenment should NEVER pick winner and losers but the people by thier ACTIONS...do that themselves, and live with the consequences of thier actions.

Last edited:
No logical falacy

Calling a Bill passed for a tiny state with a Tiny Population, by a State Government, the similar to a Bill that Effects 1/6th the US economy, and every Person living in the Country, passed by the Federal Government. Is also a Fallacy.

You guys like to Keep pointing out Obama Care was Modeled on Romney Care, but you seem to not want to look at how much Romney Care is Costing that State, and how Those Costs continue to Spiral out of control.

lol

How does size matter?

A mandate is a mandate

No logical falacy

It's not hypocrisy. Nice twist.

There is a logical fallacy with argument:

A. Zweebles are evil.
B. Zoons are evil too.

So therefore...

C. Zweebles are not evil.

Your problem arises when Zweebles attack Zoons as being evil without acknowledging they have committed the same crime

Hypocrisy

He will drop parts that are useless just so he can say he did.

then keep parts that make him look like a great guy, so he can get re-elected.

Freedom, costs and the Constitution will be of no concern to him.

He will drop parts that are useless just so he can say he did.

then keep parts that make him look like a great guy, so he can get re-elected.

Freedom, costs and the Constitution will be of no concern to him.

I think your first two sentences are close to what may happen.

The last sentence means that Romney is not an extremist to either side or a libertarian.

No logical falacy

lol

Just like they keep pointing out that other countries have similar... and desperately ignore the huge flaws and cracks in those systems.

We were built to be a nation that follows it's own path, not one that follows other nations. That was what made us exceptional. Shame that exceptional is now a dirty word, according to the left.

No logical falacy

lol

Just like they keep pointing out that other countries have similar... and desperately ignore the huge flaws and cracks in those systems.

We were built to be a nation that follows it's own path, not one that follows other nations. That was what made us exceptional. Shame that exceptional is now a dirty word, according to the left.

American Exceptionalism that set the standard for the free world.

Rightwinger,

You are apparently not very smart. If you were, you would admit "you did it too" is a logical fallacy AND tell us what that type of logical fallacy is called.

Forum List

Back